• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

UAW kicks off talks with 'Detroit Three'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 6764

Oh really. When the majority of what I have said in this thread is be patient and how we have no control over it?

Except I have read, every comment, I have been respectful in just about every case. And I haven’t insulted anyone until my last comment and even that was indirect.

The irony of telling me that I won’t be convinced in all of this is myself and at least 3 others have put forward very good points about why the strike is good for workers and we have each time been met with people complaining other people will make more money or their truck order will be delayed. People have defended millionaires here which is ironic even if you are a staunch capitalist.

I provided sources for why they are striking and why it makes sense. I have at worst called others ignorant and at best misinformed. I have neither brought politics Into this not have I accused anyone of anything political.

I am sorry If i don’t chew on boots the way you would like and being presented with an alternative view upsets you and you feel like I must be the one to change. And I’m sorry that won’t happen. Welcome to the real world. Other people exist and there will be conflict. This far it has not devolved into name calling (until about 4 comments above). Respectful debate is still allowed here.

But don’t presume to accuse me of not arguing in good faith when I have done so since this thread started.
Again, you presume and mis-characterize. I never made any point about the actual subject, just about your tactics. But you accuse me of favoring people wearing boots, apparently. You just proved my point.

Edit: I'm not "pro union" or "pro office" or "pro exec" or whatever the argument is. I'm pro reality where things need to be realistic and people treated fairly. But attacking and yelling past people is not going to help, especially since nothing here will impact the negotiations and will just create animosity.
Sponsored

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Again, you presume and mis-characterize. I never made any point about the actual subject, just about your tactics. But you accuse me of favoring people wearing boots, apparently. You just proved my point.

If you say so buddy

Edit to respond to your edit: How do you think you have any of the pitiful workers rights we have now? How do you think the civil rights movement happened, or woman's suffrage, or gay rights? This isn't even meant to be a political statement, you don't make change without making noise or upsetting people. I would also think basic human empathy would see a problem with working 12 hour shifts 7 days a week 90 days straight with no PTO would make someone consider thinking about the other side without getting upset that someone didnt say something in a way that was nice to you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raynger24

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Escape SE, 23 Colorado LT
Oh I get it. I would rather them not strike and a good deal be met before so I get my truck sooner rather than later too
"The selfish side of me has a very sinking feeling this is going to push builds months into the future."
If you are referring to the above comment, this was meant as a depreciative joke at the beginning of my post. I can't tell if your response recognizes that or not. If not, I would of course prefer a reasonable settlement between both parties, yes... preferably without a strike. I'm more worried about all of the workers, including the people that supply the industry outside of the UAW, and the damage it does to the U.S. economy if there is a strike.

I certainly can wait for a truck. I certainly can wait for a truck. I certainly can wait for a truck. Okay, writing that three times was to help convince myself! :)

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
If you are referring to the above comment, this was meant as a depreciative joke at the beginning of my post. I can't tell if your response recognizes that or not. If not, I would of course prefer a reasonable settlement between both parties, yes... preferably without a strike. I'm more worried about all of the workers, including the people that supply the industry outside of the UAW, and the damage it does to the U.S. economy if there is a strike.

I certainly can wait for a truck. I certainly can wait for a truck. I certainly can wait for a truck. Okay, writing that three times was to help convince myself! :)
oh I didnt mean to come across as criticizing you in any sorry if it did come across that way.

DirtyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger
Me(aerospace manufacturing engineer), and my roommate(IAM member coworker) have been laughing at this thread all day

Sponsored

Zackattack2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 gmc canyon
Occupation
Tech
Wow. Y’all are either very bored or need a life.

I really don’t know why ppl bother arguing with ppl on the internet. It appears nobody can have an intellectual dispassionate conversation these days

Deleted member 6764

If you say so buddy

Edit to respond to your edit: How do you think you have any of the pitiful workers rights we have now? How do you think the civil rights movement happened, or woman's suffrage, or gay rights? This isn't even meant to be a political statement, you don't make change without making noise or upsetting people. I would also think basic human empathy would see a problem with working 12 hour shifts 7 days a week 90 days straight with no PTO would make someone consider thinking about the other side without getting upset that someone didnt say something in a way that was nice to you.
You constantly prove the point that you don't care what others are actually saying. You're just insinuating and raging in a room. Good luck with that.

Back to a forum about a truck.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
You constantly prove the point that you don't care what others are actually saying. You're just insinuating and raging in a room. Good luck with that.

Back to a forum about a truck.

You can keep repeating that as many times as you like. Doesn’t make it true buddy. Run along now. You’re out of your depth.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
This is all about makers & takers!! The guys & gals on the lines are the makers & the guys & gals in the offices are the takers. Things can get done with way less takers than makers, problem is though that the takers don’t want to give any more to the makers because there will be less for them to take!!
you could not be more misguided with this thinking. Ford has currently been training the salaried people to work the lines in event of a strike. It could not work in reverse as The guys and gals on the line are lower skilled and educated for the most part and easily replaceable including by robots and AI. Ford is not hiding the fact a big appeal of EVs is it takes less components and, thus less people to make them. Same with sharing "global platforms". Can we please stop the "rich" are the enemy in society screwing everyone else over for their own greedy desires stuff? Totally unhelpful in a divided society we already live in.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Oh really. When the majority of what I have said in this thread is be patient and how we have no control over it?

Except I have read, every comment, I have been respectful in just about every case. And I haven’t insulted anyone until my last comment and even that was indirect.

The irony of telling me that I won’t be convinced in all of this is myself and at least 3 others have put forward very good points about why the strike is good for workers and we have each time been met with people complaining other people will make more money or their truck order will be delayed. People have defended millionaires here which is ironic even if you are a staunch capitalist.

I provided sources for why they are striking and why it makes sense. I have at worst called others ignorant and at best misinformed. I have neither brought politics Into this not have I accused anyone of anything political.

I am sorry If i don’t chew on boots the way you would like and being presented with an alternative view upsets you and you feel like I must be the one to change. And I’m sorry that won’t happen. Welcome to the real world. Other people exist and there will be conflict. This far it has not devolved into name calling (until about 4 comments above). Respectful debate is still allowed here.

But don’t presume to accuse me of not arguing in good faith when I have done so since this thread started.
:headbang::facepalm::explode::flag:

OP
OP
Raynger24

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Escape SE, 23 Colorado LT
This is NOT directed at anyone personally.

While I recognize I can't contol comments (nor do I wish to) as the OP, I can't help feeling a bit flustered how this thread has degraded from what I thought would be useful updates and constructive opinions for those that did not have time to read up on the matter. :rolleyes: My personal apologies to Wags and goalieThreeOne. You were right, I was wrong. No more "updates" from me as I cringe at the conflct it invokes and Sept 14th, will be here soon enough anyway and we shall see how it goes.

As a side note, if someone feels the need to post something that is bound to get an emotional response other then on topic respectful debates, please don't...we all really have heard the differing opinions loud and clear.

Last edited:

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"The contract bargaining team at General Motors early this week kept a close eye on an economic counteroffer that its crosstown rival, Stellantis, had just presented to the UAW.

Hours earlier, GM had handed its own latest offer to the union.

At that moment, neither of those two proposals apparently matched the one from Ford Motor Co. "Ford has moved much further in our direction than the other two have," a UAW leader familiar with the negotiations but not authorized to talk told the Detroit Free Press on Monday."

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...ain-contract-offers-negotiations/70824185007/
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.