• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Udpated UAW Strike Information?

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby, 2003 Cobra, 2002 Miata, 2013 SRT8 300
Occupation
Sales
The latest demand from the UAW was a 25% increase in pay across the board. You can always ask....... In the end the company needs to stay profitable, the investment capital needs to be there and you need workers (albeit declining due to Tech advancement). Hard to determine "FAIR", - in the end both parties won't be happy, but satisfied that time will tell.
Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
My state is not a union state, so I don't know how the law works. I'm hoping somebody can enlighten me.

Is there anything the manufacturers can do?

What if the UAW members just refuse to come back to work and were to go get other jobs, could the manufacturers ever hire replacement workers?

How long can the workers strike before the employer has some rights?
They can move production to another country that doesn't have unions in automobile factories and lower labor costs. Plenty of that established already. Won't be surprised to see more and more as strikes cripple companies and make unjustifiable demands while doing it.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
The latest demand from the UAW was a 25% increase in pay across the board. You can always ask....... In the end the company needs to stay profitable, the investment capital needs to be there and you need workers (albeit declining due to Tech advancement). Hard to determine "FAIR", - in the end both parties won't be happy, but satisfied that time will tell.
I hadn’t read that yet. Currently all three are offering 23% so they’re really close on that point. Ford has agreed to or compromised with UAW for the most part to almost everything else. I think the EV plant organization is still the roadblock right now. But that’s a lot closer to getting things done so we might be looking at the other side

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
The whole system needs to crash and burn in an epic dumpster fire and rebuilt from the ground up.

The same for our government, the same for corporate laws, the same for union laws. They can all implode and this country would be better off for it.
I think you and I disagree on WHY it should be blown up but I will agree the current system has fundamental flaws with no real recourse. I think politicians for pay is the biggest corruption in our government. You should not leave office with a higher net worth than you started, certainly not millions of dollars richer like some member of both parties have become.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist

Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer

Tagtexas

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Dump the UAW and just hire who wants to work.
Shawn Fain is getting greedy during his 15 minutes of fame. Interesting how BMW, Mercedes Benz, Tesla, Toyota and others can be competitive with quality products produced by nonunion workers right here in the U.S. The UAW needs to vote on the current contract and get back to work.

Sponsored

telenerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, Subaru Crosstrek
I guess on the plus side guys more time to save for your Ranger and bigger down payment. Especially with these higher rates.

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I guess on the plus side guys more time to save for your Ranger and bigger down payment. Especially with these higher rates.
The downside to that is everyone who is using their current vehicle trade-in as a downpayment values are dropping by the week as well. When I ordered my Raptor, trade in on my F150 was 43. Now when I look it up it's 39 at best. Granted I'm paying off more and more, but still...