• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

What's Everyone's ADM?

Jab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon | 2024 Ranger Raptor
MSRP. I would never pay over that.
Sponsored

DirtyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger
MSRP under the agreement I spend $2500 in aftermarket parts thru my dealer. So a camper shell or slightly larger tires

chattyllama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS (sold), 22 Maverick, RRaptor on order
Occupation
Software Engineer
MSRP although I had to find a dealer about an hour away.

The dealerships closer to me were asking 5-10k. One of them is a dealer I've bought 3 vehicles from in the last 7 years and gotten all service done at which was disappointing. Won't be going back especially because the sales manager implied he would charge 20k over if it was a stock order.

It's a bit ironic, I ended up at that dealership when I was ordering a Focus RS, and they did it for MSRP when most other dealers were asking 5k or more. A few years later the tables have turned.

Dubfound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Paying $2k over at my local dealer for the allocation they have. I think it's fair and worth the money to me to not have to negotiate with dealers hours away. One other local dealers wanted $10k over. I honestly think the MSRP is low on these trucks to begin with.

Jab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon | 2024 Ranger Raptor
MSRP although I had to find a dealer about an hour away.

The dealerships closer to me were asking 5-10k. One of them is a dealer I've bought 3 vehicles from in the last 7 years and gotten all service done at which was disappointing. Won't be going back especially because the sales manager implied he would charge 20k over if it was a stock order.

It's a bit ironic, I ended up at that dealership when I was ordering a Focus RS, and they did it for MSRP when most other dealers were asking 5k or more. A few years later the tables have turned.
It's a crappy tactic. I thought Ford was trying to crack down on this type of stuff?

Sponsored

Mcssls

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Nurse
Was told $30,000-$40,000 markup. I told them where to put the truck and walked out. Now I’m waiting for my 24 TRD Pro

81stfacp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS
Occupation
Retired
Was told $30,000-$40,000 markup. I told them where to put the truck and walked out. Now I’m waiting for my 24 TRD Pro
Any idea when the TACO TRD PROs start showing up at the dealership?

EFNFAST

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 ZR-1 Corvette, 2019 Ranger
7K over MSRP and he told me he'd waive all the other silly dealer markups. My dealer got one, I bought it.
The "other" dealer got two, both were spoken for, he said $2,500 over MSRP.
Now I just need the keys.

Sponsored

chattyllama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS (sold), 22 Maverick, RRaptor on order
Occupation
Software Engineer
It's a crappy tactic. I thought Ford was trying to crack down on this type of stuff?
I know Ford has tried to crack down at least, they've threatened to pull future allocations from dealerships charging "unreasonable markups" a few times. I'm not sure if they did pull any allocations, but even if so what Ford can do may be somewhat limited since they can only be sold through a dealer.

LoneStarCaviar

First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby Baja700 Raptor, 2018 Shelby Raptor
Occupation
Self Employed
$3k ADM on my RR, with azure gray, no bead locks, and no decals, from my local dealer. I've bought 5 vehicles from them over the last 6 years, and they still wouldn't work with me on a 3rd gen Raptor or Bronco Badlands 4d hardtop for over a year looking at them, so a $3k markup sounded good enough on a RR in today's market. Also consider that Ford will increase prices every year on new cars and trucks, forever and ever, so I think you are good for maybe 5k over. You won't lose as much as if you bought anything else.

Last edited:

RobTile

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21M2Comp. 20Ram 1500
MSRP for me.
still laughing about it. Basically as my brother was picking up his 23 Tremor I asked the GM if he would put me No1 on the RR list. He said yes. I asked him if he would do MSRP and he said yes.
He then asked if I wanted to order it now. And I said yes.
If I bought multiple vehicles from a dealer in the past, and he wanted a markup for the RR, we’ll Im sure we would have a conversation about one of his parents..
unless I hit power ball next week(no one hit), or I am buying a Porsche GT car, the one and only car I paid over for, or ever will is my 2007 GT500.