• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2024 Ranger Raptor ADM Market Adjustment Price = CRAZY

jredecop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150
Lets hope you guys keep your scheduling dates because the unions are in a negotiation year.
Yup! Good chance nothing gets built this year. Wish ford was non union like Toyota and Tesla.
Sponsored

nappy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
If you buy your Raptor with a 5 or 10k adjustment, and suddenly change your mind, you think any dealer will give you that difference on top of trade in value? No way. If they wouldnt do it, you shouldnt pay it.
Eh? No idea what you are talking about. Suddenly change my mind/trade in value? Eh?

The comment I made was based on principle. It's funny to see some that just accept these added fees. When a dealer tried adding $5K to my last vehicle purchase and another wanting $20K over for a vehicle that I didn't even ask about, I told them I don't do markups. I got my last vehicle for MSRP with an extra $5K in my pocket based. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Isn't that a great feeling! Why so many willing to accept these fees is an interesting study however. This has zero to do with purchasing power mind you.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Eh? No idea what you are talking about. Suddenly change my mind/trade in value? Eh?

The comment I made was based on principle. It's funny to see some that just accept these added fees. When a dealer tried adding $5K to my last vehicle purchase and another wanting $20K over for a vehicle that I didn't even ask about, I told them I don't do markups. I got my last vehicle for MSRP with an extra $5K in my pocket based. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Isn't that a great feeling! Why so many willing to accept these fees is an interesting study however. This has zero to do with purchasing power mind you.
Okay so you do you and let other people do what they want. There’s no need to get on a soapbox here. It’s getting a little old hearing people condescend to other people about how they spend their own money.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement

I'd make a joke about how the ignore button doesn't cost anything but I rarely use such features as it seems like such a cop out.

But seriously, no one cares. If you're looking for some sort of echo chamber here it doesn't look like it's working. In this thread or the others you're trying to have word vomit in.

nappy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
I'd make a joke about how the ignore button doesn't cost anything but I rarely use such features as it seems like such a cop out.

But seriously, no one cares. If you're looking for some sort of echo chamber here it doesn't look like it's working. In this thread or the others you're trying to have word vomit in.
Your Karen attitude is really getting old. Seriously guy.

Sponsored

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
This ladies and gentlemen is like convincing a drunk they have a drinking problem.

Obtuse or oblivious, people can draw their own conclusion.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Before you turn your nose up at $5,000 expand your thought process outside the normal box. Look at how MSRP is increasing annually and then take into account allocation size.

What I am saying is if you cannot readily find one without ADM and you're going to choose to wait for future batches you may end up paying $5,000 or something similar to it when all is said and done just the natural course of price increases.

Would you rather pay $5,000 and enjoy the truck now or pay $5,000 later at some undisclosed time for the same truck?

The worst case scenario is a year or two down the line you end up paying more due to natural price increases and you still have to contend with a $5,000 ADM. Now you're paying $10,000 total.

But here's the thing people think that these things are going to be readily available and sooner or later dealerships are going to drop the ADM shenanigans but all you have to do is look at something like the bronco Raptor to see this is a pipe dream.
Completely on point.
I thought I would NEVER say this, but the ADM on the RR (at $5k) actually could be a good deal. Personally, I hate it and will never (well.....never say never) pay ADM on any vehicle, but in the case of the RR, paying $5k ADM this year will probably be a good deal next year.....or even sooner, as I think Ford will increase the price, even before the current orders hit the lot.
The RR comes standard with pretty much every available option. When you load up a Lariat, you're getting fairly close to the RR price. Once the 2.7l is released and added to the price, the gap is really small. Too close IMO for Ford to leave the RR price where it is.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Completely on point.
I thought I would NEVER say this, but the ADM on the RR (at $5k) actually could be a good deal. Personally, I hate it and will never (well.....never say never) pay ADM on any vehicle, but in the case of the RR, paying $5k ADM this year will probably be a good deal next year.....or even sooner, as I think Ford will increase the price, even before the current orders hit the lot.
The RR comes standard with pretty much every available option. When you load up a Lariat, you're getting fairly close to the RR price. Once the 2.7l is released and added to the price, the gap is really small. Too close IMO for Ford to leave the RR price where it is.
And now the looming UAW strike.

Sponsored

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Escape SE, 23 Colorado LT
Thanks Karen.
This ladies and gentlemen is like convincing a drunk they have a drinking problem.
Obtuse or oblivious, people can draw their own conclusion.
Karen attitude!?!?!

What dude calls another dude a "Karen?"

That comment is so imbecilic, you JUST MADE SGT Rangers point!

What is the slang definition of a Karen?

Karen is a pejorative term used as slang for a middle-class white woman who is perceived as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is normal. The term is often portrayed in memes depicting middle-class white women who "use their white and class privilege to demand their own way".

While of course we all more then welcome you here, here are some other forums that may peak your interest!

Best Soccer Mom Cars
  • Chevrolet Traverse.
  • Chrysler Pacifica.
  • Dodge Durango.
  • Fiat 500L.
  • Honda HR-V.
  • Mercedes-Benz GLC.
  • Subaru Outback.
  • Toyota Avalon.

Last edited:

Wags

Threads