• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2024 Ranger Raptor ADM Market Adjustment Price = CRAZY

nappy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
Karen attitude!?!?!

What dude calls another dude a "Karen?"

That comment is so imbecilic, you JUST MADE SGT Rangers point!

What is the slang definition of a Karen?

Karen is a pejorative term used as slang for a middle-class white woman who is perceived as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is normal. The term is often portrayed in memes depicting middle-class white women who "use their white and class privilege to demand their own way".

While of course we all more then welcome you here, here are some other forums that may peak your interest!

Best Soccer Mom Cars
  • Chevrolet Traverse.
  • Chrysler Pacifica.
  • Dodge Durango.
  • Fiat 500L.
  • Honda HR-V.
  • Mercedes-Benz GLC.
  • Subaru Outback.
  • Toyota Avalon.
This is comical. So in your Google "research", you missed that there's no universal name for the male version of Karen, hence, Karen was used as it seemed appropriate - loud mouthed and obnoxious. Too funny.

Maybe LexisNexis will work better for you.
Sponsored

nappy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
I think when addressing a male it's supposed to be a "Chad" and not Karen. 😆
The name fits you well - so wear it proudly. "I'll gladly pay any markup, any time, and I'm an American dammit - I pay taxes.!!!" lol

Because you gladly pay markups, nobody cares either. Believe it. Do what you want, you are an American, as are the rest of us. I'll we'll whatever makes sense for us, but not based on the rhetoric that you want to project. Not everyone wants (or will) pay more than they need to....Look at the title of this thread. Why don't you go after the OP?

We'll have to agree to disagree and move on at this point.

nappy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
I agree on the price, then the trade in, then I talk finance or if it's cash.

Dude, YOU ARE the Karen. God forbid people don't agree with you. Grow up and have a snickers
Dude! lol. Someone suggesting to grow up, yet throws out dude to start. lol

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
The name fits you well - so wear it proudly. "I'll gladly pay any markup, any time, and I'm an American dammit - I pay taxes.!!!" lol

Because you gladly pay markups, nobody cares either. Believe it. Do what you want, you are an American, as are the rest of us. I'll we'll whatever makes sense for us, but not based on the rhetoric that you want to project. Not everyone wants (or will) pay more than they need to....Look at the title of this thread. Why don't you go after the OP?

We'll have to agree to disagree and move on at this point.
Talk about unhinged.

Sign off the internet for a bit good lord.

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Escape SE, 23 Colorado LT
Write whatever you want in the future. People like you are not worth any further time even trying to have a reasonable discussion with! Why, because it is impossible.

Sponsored

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Write whatever you want in the future. People like you are not worth any further time even trying to have a reasonable discussion with! Why, because it is impossible.
I believe the term you're looking for is "insufferable".

nappy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
This is great YT vid of the new RR.

TheCarCrazyGuy also has some terrible advise for consumers. 69 likes. Hmmm....

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Raptor ADM Market Adjustment Price = CRAZY Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 6.27.28 AM

BadBoyBillyRaptorRanger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
My dealer told me MSRP before it was released, then the day before order banks open my salesman called and said 10k markup. I walked! I didn’t pay a markup on my Badlands Bronco I am not paying one for a midsize pickup.

Deleted member 6753

They aren't discounting the MSRP. I still pay that so they're still compliant. They're just adding on their fees like this adjustment.,
My order form listed the MSRP, if they try to increase that I’ll walk

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Escape SE, 23 Colorado LT
My order form listed the MSRP, if they try to increase that I’ll walk
The order/build sheet does not mean much in obligating the dealer to MSRP as some think. I 100% get where you are coming from, but some dealers are asking 10k-20k above ADM. Be prepapred that they do, and think before turning down your RR if it's a 2.5k-5k ADM. I just spoke to my salesman and friend for years. He believes the availability of the Raptor is just going to get harder and more expensive next year. I wish you the best!

Sponsored

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Laramie Sport
You seem to be mistaken this discussion is about non-raptor trims.

If you aren't, everything you've said will not be happening.
You don't think that in another 18 months we'll see the new Rangers all over the roads? I'll take that bet.

Interest rates aren't going down anytime soon, especially as there continues to be talks of an upcoming recession in 2024.
We've been hearing that a recession is coming since 2021. Yet, people are buying and selling like mad, traffic volumes are up, general construction is up, and the economy is flowing. It defies logic, I will grant you that. But the COVID shut-downs stole 3 years of our lives and I think people just don't care if the economy is trash, they're going forward with life anyway.

Rates will start coming down in less than 12 months.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
You don't think that in another 18 months we'll see the new Rangers all over the roads? I'll take that bet.

We've been hearing that a recession is coming since 2021. Yet, people are buying and selling like mad, traffic volumes are up, general construction is up, and the economy is flowing. It defies logic, I will grant you that. But the COVID shut-downs stole 3 years of our lives and I think people just don't care if the economy is trash, they're going forward with life anyway.

Rates will start coming down in less than 12 months.
As someone that works in construction, construction is NOT up. It is way down. Interest rates are too high on construction loans so it’s slowing down. You’re not seeing the effects just yet because prime interest rate hikes delaying it, but we are diving head first into a recession. Yes people have been saying it’s gonna happen, but now it’s actually happening.

Wisdumb

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1952 IH R-110, 1974 C3 Stingray, 1981 Yamaha G1
Occupation
IT Manager
I was first on the list for 6 months, spoke to dealer regularly, finally put a deposit down when they let me. He took my card number, ran it, emailed me a receipt for the $1000 deposit, then called me back to tell me the deposit went through. Well, when he called me back he decided it was a good time to mention the $10k ADM and act like he had talked to me about it before running my card. I told them to refund it instantly I'm not dealing with 'just because' ADMs.
Ended up finding a dealer that sells at MSRP, got my order confirmation a couple weeks ago, waiting on a build date. No ADM was hard to find, but after calling 10 dealerships I finally found one.

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Laramie Sport
As someone that works in construction, construction is NOT up. It is way down. Interest rates are too high on construction loans so it’s slowing down. You’re not seeing the effects just yet because prime interest rate hikes delaying it, but we are diving head first into a recession. Yes people have been saying it’s gonna happen, but now it’s actually happening.
Maybe it's different where you live. In Kentucky you can't swing a dead cat without hitting new construction right now. Houses, stores, shopping centers, etc.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Maybe it's different where you live. In Kentucky you can't swing a dead cat without hitting new construction right now. Houses, stores, shopping centers, etc.
Construction projects that are in progress were financed and begun months to years ago. You can’t look at what you see as a gauge of the market.

I’m heavily involved in the pre-construction process and projects are dried up. Contractors are laying people off. There’s no new upcoming business. I also cover parts of Kentucky and it’s the same thing for those markets.
Sponsored