• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Where are the Rangers that have been built

Mikefili

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger, 2004 Ranger
Occupation
Construction
does anyone know where the 24 Rangers are that have been built already? it looks like some where around 1500 were built before the strike, I wonder if they were delivered to retail or ordered buyers.
Sponsored

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Some went to dealers as there are a ton of youtube videos, some went to different shows and so forth.

Rda2w

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2019 BMW X3 M40i
Occupation
Engineer
does anyone know where the 24 Rangers are that have been built already? it looks like some where around 1500 were built before the strike, I wonder if they were delivered to retail or ordered buyers.
I was wondering the same. Could there be a media blackout restriction in place? I haven't seen any new images from the US since the media day videos last fall. There have been more recent videos but all have been outside the US that I have come across.

1986YellowRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
I think your 1500 number built before the strike is way high. They could have had 1500 trucks in “ready for build” status with all components available, but they did not build that many. They were pushing through remaining 2023 Bronco inventory until mid December. The real number is likely in the 200-400 range, almost all of those went to testing or employee use. Production is ramping up in January, so they will start showing up at dealerships in the Midwest in another week or two. The rest of the country will start seeing them at dealerships in mid February.

HighDesertRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Occupation
Sales Manager
Right now there are 171 listed on cars.com. Most don't have pictures though so probably aren't actually on a lot somewhere.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mikefili

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger, 2004 Ranger
Occupation
Construction
I think your 1500 number built before the strike is way high. They could have had 1500 trucks in “ready for build” status with all components available, but they did not build that many. They were pushing through remaining 2023 Bronco inventory until mid December. The real number is likely in the 200-400 range, almost all of those went to testing or employee use. Production is ramping up in January, so they will start showing up at dealerships in the Midwest in another week or two. The rest of the country will start seeing them at dealerships in mid February.
Thank you for that info

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was wondering the same. Could there be a media blackout restriction in place? I haven't seen any new images from the US since the media day videos last fall. There have been more recent videos but all have been outside the US that I have come across.
I don't think so on the media blackout. We have a youtuber on the forums (i forget his name) who has said recently that ford has been radio silent regarding any press or media events.

Sevokevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Occupation
LTL Truck driver
We must also remember they said they also will be ensuring QA checks on the trucks before they ship so we don’t have the issues some of the 2023 have that people are hating

cpnkirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
I read just last month that only 8k had been built since the switchover to the 24 model. But, I've read this month that they are adding another shift to produce rangers & broncos because of demand.

Still watching for one to show up in a dealership in my area!

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor, '24 BMW IX EV
Occupation
None of your business!
I've checked 2 of my local dealers and they don't even have the 'demo' truck in the show room yet. Really disappointing. The strike really pushed Ford to the rear burner and then all the media coverage got blown up with new Tacoma news.

I test drove the new gmc Canyon AT earlier this week and really liked it. Comes with stock 2" lift and wider stance and $45k (plus I get my company discount). Also test drove a diesel Gladiater and almost traded my Tremor cos Jeep is desperate right now and dealers are trying to get rid of it..was qouted $45k for the diesel Glady Willys trim. But weary of Jeep...owned the redesigned Grand Cherokke back in the day and did a lemon buyout cos of random tranny issues that dealer was never able to resolve.

But yeah, for '24, there's tons of options available now other than just the Ranger...imo, the non Raptor Ranger looks pretty plain compared to new gen Colarado/Canyon and new Tacoma is meh with the fulgy plastic skirt on the front (and terrible gas mileage as usual).
Sponsored