• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Window Tinting -- 20% to match the rear window factory tint?

Skitrem47

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner TRD Pro
Occupation
Teacher
20% to match the rear factory? I believe factory tint(which isn’t really a tint, but rather a tinted glass) is not very heat reflective so I may want to go over the rear as well.
Sponsored

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
I getting limo tint on back windows and rear glass and 18% on front. Ceramic of course.

Last edited:

CherryCoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 ranger, 94explor, 16 Focus RS, 21 Bronco, 24 RR
Occupation
Drinking CherryCoke
5% sides/back
45% up front 😎

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Anyone know the specs for the stock tinted glass % for front side, rear side, and back windows? Was looking to calculate the % max I can add for ceramic tint. My state allows no tint, except the brow, on the windshield.

Sponsored

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Anyone know the specs for the stock tinted glass % for front side, rear side, and back windows? Was looking to calculate the % max I can add for ceramic tint. My state allows no tint, except the brow, on the windshield.
Someone that has one will be able to get the number off the glass.

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Nuclear Weapons Technician
Thinking about getting ceramic tinting to protect the leather interior from dry rotting and cracking. I don’t need privacy tint just protection tint. Any suggestions?

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
Thinking about getting ceramic tinting to protect the leather interior from dry rotting and cracking. I don’t need privacy tint just protection tint. Any suggestions?
Ceramic tint would be perfect then. Just go with your local city/state limit unless you find that too dark and go from there. That will cut down a lot on heat/UV. 3M and Johnson Films make good ceramic films.

I have an appointment next Saturday and looks like I'm going 20% all around and 70% on the windshield.

pablo94sc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
I can't remember if it's 3M or Llumar that makes it, but Air80 and Air90 are basically clear ceramic tint that will do exactly what you want. I plan to do this to my windshield with the dark strip of 15-20٪ at the top.

For everyone else, might I suggest nothing darker than 35% on your front windows. It might not look as cool, but it will make backing up easier when it's night. Or, on second thought, we have a reverse camera so this may not be a problem.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
I getting mine done on Thursday. Back doors and rear window 5%(limo tint) and front doors 15% and also getting a strip along top of window. Getting LLumar IRX Ceramic film.

Sponsored

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Getting LLumar IRX as well. The shop will help me decide when I bring it in, because I told them I want front door windows darker and rear and back, too, but want to stay within the MN tint laws. Plan to get the windshield brow done, too. MN technically doesn't allow any tint on windshield other than the brow., unless one gets a doctor's exception letter.

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Powerboost King Ranch, 2024 HPR Ranger Raptor
I went with FormulaOne Pinnacle 30% front windows and air 80 on the two rears and back glass.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
I did ceramic ir reducing tint 10% everywhere and 60% on the windshield. Looks great!

Scotty piffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 ranger lariat
Occupation
Sales
Very happy with what I had done. 50% ceramic on windshield has desired effect from outside with 0 visibility issues from inside, first time doing ceramic tint and difference is noticeable and worth the added cost.

Ford Ranger Window Tinting -- 20% to match the rear window factory tint? IMG_2200

Ford Ranger Window Tinting -- 20% to match the rear window factory tint? IMG_1988

Last edited:

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Nuclear Weapons Technician
I went to a tinting place that only uses Llumar. The owner has been doing this for 30 years and dose all installations himself which I like. I asked him about the IRX and he said he doesn’t carry it because it costs him $1700 a roll and not enough people want it over the CTX to warrant keeping it in inventory. He said he would be happy to do my install with CTX or I can look around and find other Llumar dealers and find the IRX. What do you guys think about CTX?
Sponsored