• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Window Tinting -- 20% to match the rear window factory tint?

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Also, the custom shop has a RR they are purchasing, but not delivered, yet.
They are doing a complete custom Ranger Raptor for SEMA in Vegas in November with all their fun stuff they do.
They said they ARE also doing a moon roof for the RR they ordered. I contemplated letting them use me as the guinea pig but decided not to do this (for now).
P.S. Since we did all this tracking, I know their dealer who still has the truck on their site, and am now tracking their truck. I should probably get a life but am still going through withdrawal from tracking mine.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Nice look. Can't go that low in Minnesota - they don't enforce it as much lately, but our law lists it as a primary offense, meaning they can use tint as a primary reason to pull over a vehicle.

My factory rear windows' glass says 18% min, so your 15% front matches pretty closely.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Just got back from getting mine done.

Ford Ranger Window Tinting -- 20% to match the rear window factory tint? Drv side view tint

Ford Ranger Window Tinting -- 20% to match the rear window factory tint? Pass front side view tint

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Nuclear Weapons Technician
I’m gonna get it tinted next Wednesday. CTX all around and Air 80 on the windshield for $400 walk-away. Probably good enough ✅

Sponsored

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2023 Toyota GR86
Nice look. Can't go that low in Minnesota - they don't enforce it as much lately, but our law lists it as a primary offense, meaning they can use tint as a primary reason to pull over a vehicle.

My factory rear windows' glass says 18% min, so your 15% front matches pretty closely.
It's the same here in Florida (primary offense) but they seem pretty lenient about it.

Sponsored

Rapture2423

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Think there is any appreciable difference between a 70 and 80 on the front windshield? Doing an XPEL XR Plus install soon

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Let us know what you think of the Air 80.
Got my truck back yesterday and they guy did an outstanding job. It now has CTX on the rear and all four windows and Clear Air 80 on the front. I asked him to try and match all 5 windows so that they look the same and he said that wasn't a problem . . . except that the rear window would be a tad darker. Not sure of all the different percentages he used but it looks great. The front Air80 is perfect and not to dark.
Ford Ranger Window Tinting -- 20% to match the rear window factory tint? Tint 03
Ford Ranger Window Tinting -- 20% to match the rear window factory tint? Tint 01
Ford Ranger Window Tinting -- 20% to match the rear window factory tint? Tint 02