• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2024 Ranger Release Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
Just had another thought on this: Maybe the N/A slow roll is deliberately designed to stifle initial demand just enough they don't get hammered with overwhelming demand as soon as Order books open leading to closing orders prematurely (in their forecasting) and long waiting time with thousands of angry buyers like a couple other recent rollouts? Maybe they figured having so much ROW info out there already would satisfy the early adopters while keeping the buzz alive until the reveal?
It's hard to say what their reason is for the slow roll as it could be any combination of things.

I personally think part of it is that they're looking at previous roll-outs and making sure they have enough commodities to handle upper trim levels high demand (the G6 Bronco is a great example of this).

The Global Ranger Raptor and Wildtraks are a good example of the reason I'm alluding to and if they do a reveal and those particular trims are some what highlighted by it, you can bet the order banks will be slammed with orders for them. Of course if they put a stupidly high MSRP on those trims, that will curb some demand, but only for those not willing to pay Bronco Raptor or F150 Raptor prices (like me).

Couple things - thanks for the info on Ford Video guy but I can't see what specific video from his site that has the Ranger mention. I was going to the Chicago Auto show but pre-show schedule, etc. and made no mention of anything on '24 Ranger or Raptors and didn't go. Can't see anything on the NY show page either as the Ranger pic on attendee list is '23. One would wonder if Ford had something different in NY than Chicago is the biggest in US, I was talking to my dealer's sales manager and he said he was still waiting for a 2022 F-150 Raptor they ordered to be delivered, he is friend and reliable source of info. Haven't seen updated order info on Ford Authority site either. I don't know how analogous it is to what will be available in the US but there was a link Ford Middle East that had what was a ME specific '24 Raptor brochure which had a complete list of features, etc. and pricing. https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/...mercial-vehicles/PL-all_new_ranger_raptor.pdf
We'll see what happens in the next 6 to 8 weeks, as far an information and any reveal goes.

I know Chicago is the biggest Auto Show, but with them pushing production out to July, the New York show seems the most logical to have any G6 Rangers at it, even if the attendee list still links to the '23 (the Mustang link still goes to the '23, but order banks for the '24 supposedly open soon).

Also, the currency conversion from that brochure puts that regions cost at $70,034. I'm hoping they don't follow that pricing model for NA.
Sponsored

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor, '13 Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I don't watch a ton of tv but enough to have never seen one tv ad. We've talked about this many times on the 5G forum and serval others agreed they too have never seen any. Maybe they targeted certain markets more than others but I honestly can say I've never seen one single Ranger commercial ever.

With all the competitors releasing new Gens this year I surely hope Ford has some good advertising lined up but they also better fix all these warranty issues that have been piling up over the past 2-3 years too. Sadly those are the articles and YouTube videos I'm seeing more and more of and trust me people are noticing them. I'll admit I'm nervous and apprehensive about shelling out $60K right now with all these ongoing issues.
Concur on the ads, or lack of. With all the automotive stuff I read i am constantly inundated with car related ads. Every day. Practically any site I visit. Additionally I still get old school (paper in hand) fleet mgt. publications which in turn means my mailbox is regularly the recipient of various manufacturers advertising literature targeting commercial fleets. All that said, I've yet to have a Ranger ad pop into my feed during my internet use nor have I received one thing in my mailbox where Ford is pushing the Ranger. Ford Super Duty, Class 5, 6 and 7? Yep. Plenty of Ford mail. Ranger literature? Zero.

Really odd.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
It's hard to say what their reason is for the slow roll as it could be any combination of things.

I personally think part of it is that they're looking at previous roll-outs and making sure they have enough commodities to handle upper trim levels high demand (the G6 Bronco is a great example of this).

The Global Ranger Raptor and Wildtraks are a good example of the reason I'm alluding to and if they do a reveal and those particular trims are some what highlighted by it, you can bet the order banks will be slammed with orders for them. Of course if they put a stupidly high MSRP on those trims, that will curb some demand, but only for those not willing to pay Bronco Raptor or F150 Raptor prices (like me).

We'll see what happens in the next 6 to 8 weeks, as far an information and any reveal goes.

I know Chicago is the biggest Auto Show, but with them pushing production out to July, the New York show seems the most logical to have any G6 Rangers at it, even if the attendee list still links to the '23 (the Mustang link still goes to the '23, but order banks for the '24 supposedly open soon).

Also, the currency conversion from that brochure puts that regions cost at $70,034. I'm hoping they don't follow that pricing model for NA.
Agree on NY only thing I was thinking was that it is easier for them to use the displays/vehicle they have in the bag already but you nevern know. I was hoping for mid-50's. I will pay cash and have my '19 sold for KBB high private sale number, but dealer wanting it too. And supply may put me out of the picture anyway. I even told my wife of tentative plans and she didn't pitch a fit. All I really want is the V-6 but all info seems to indicate that it will be Raptor specific.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor

While I'm really hoping they've learned from the past bad launches I'm not holding my breath on it. I still have a very bad taste in my mouth from the Bronco launch and if this one goes the same I will run, not walk away. Farley can scream all he wants (he seems like he's doing this a lot lately) but actions speak louder than words. I know everyone is dealing with constraints but I've been over on the Chevy forum and I just don't see the same over there. Now I'm not saying they don't have any, it's just not as noticeable as on all the Ford forums. Even when I ordered my Jeep back in late '21 I never had any problems. It was a fairly loaded Rubicon with all the tech and I encountered zero delays. Actually I received it 3 months earlier than I was told. :shock:

IIRC the Aussie Raptor came out to right around $60K USD. I wouldn't even consider one if it comes in at or even close to $70K USD. At some point the consumer needs to say enough is enough with these high prices and walk away.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Blue almost saved your butt there. Almost.

Work with me here @AzScorpion, once again for the slow learners:

Ford = good :like::clap:

GM = bad 🥵😩

Toyota = 💩
:idea: What if I paint my house blue, will that score some points? 🤔

Well we do agree on one thing, the Tacoma. 😆💩

Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
While I'm really hoping they've learned from the past bad launches I'm not holding my breath on it. I still have a very bad taste in my mouth from the Bronco launch and if this one goes the same I will run, not walk away. Farley can scream all he wants (he seems like he's doing this a lot lately) but actions speak louder than words. I know everyone is dealing with constraints but I've been over on the Chevy forum and I just don't see the same over there. Now I'm not saying they don't have any, it's just not as noticeable as on all the Ford forums. Even when I ordered my Jeep back in late '21 I never had any problems. It was a fairly loaded Rubicon with all the tech and I encountered zero delays. Actually I received it 3 months earlier than I was told. :shock:

IIRC the Aussie Raptor came out to right around $60K USD. I wouldn't even consider one if it comes in at or even close to $70K USD. At some point the consumer needs to say enough is enough with these high prices and walk away.
The whole Bronco ordeal has pretty much zapped any enthusiasm I had for it. Don't get me wrong, though, I still love the 2Dr's looks and wouldn't mind owning one (even with the crappy MiC top).
If I had kept my Bronco order as a Badlands without Sasquatch, the chances of it getting built this year were pretty slim, even with Ford doing the whole drop this/change to that deal in January. The lack of scheduling these last 2 weeks and the March order change or else deadline looming doesn't bode well for a lot of the remaining order holders.

I did a lot of searching, number crunching and such last month and barring a $70k price tag on the RRaptor, I'm fully committed to it, BUT in the event Ford does something stupid and puts a price like that on it, I changed my Bronco order to a Base with 2.7, modular bumper and Sasquatch package. I basically changed it to the minimum spec'd Bronco I'd consider owning for myself and use the Aftermarket to make up for some of the stuff it lacks compared to other trims. Needless to say, 4 days after the COVP was updated it got scheduled for production the week of April 10th.

Was it a stupid move on my part, since I'm trying to go for the RRaptor? More than likely, yes it was, but this way my Private offer and such won't go to waste and I'll get a vehicle to tinker with if RRaptor is priced stupidly high.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Concur on the ads, or lack of. With all the automotive stuff I read i am constantly inundated with car related ads. Every day. Practically any site I visit. Additionally I still get old school (paper in hand) fleet mgt. publications which in turn means my mailbox is regularly the recipient of various manufacturers advertising literature targeting commercial fleets. All that said, I've yet to have a Ranger ad pop into my feed during my internet use nor have I received one thing in my mailbox where Ford is pushing the Ranger. Ford Super Duty, Class 5, 6 and 7? Yep. Plenty of Ford mail. Ranger literature? Zero.

Really odd.
well... maybe it's due to advertising budget cutbacks? The Super Bowl would have been the best advertising for the reveal but really expensive. There is also recent precedent for no blanket advertising too- the Maverick. That reveal was strictly on-line (Featuring Gabrielle Union as spokesperson) and they also announced the reservation system and opened that like 1 week later. Could be the same coming here too..

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
The whole Bronco ordeal has pretty much zapped any enthusiasm I had for it. Don't get me wrong, though, I still love the 2Dr's looks and wouldn't mind owning one (even with the crappy MiC top).
If I had kept my Bronco order as a Badlands without Sasquatch, the chances of it getting built this year were pretty slim, even with Ford doing the whole drop this/change to that deal in January. The lack of scheduling these last 2 weeks and the March order change or else deadline looming doesn't bode well for a lot of the remaining order holders.

I did a lot of searching, number crunching and such last month and barring a $70k price tag on the RRaptor, I'm fully committed to it, BUT in the event Ford does something stupid and puts a price like that on it, I changed my Bronco order to a Base with 2.7, modular bumper and Sasquatch package. I basically changed it to the minimum spec'd Bronco I'd consider owning for myself and use the Aftermarket to make up for some of the stuff it lacks compared to other trims. Needless to say, 4 days after the COVP was updated it got scheduled for production the week of April 10th.

Was it a stupid move on my part, since I'm trying to go for the RRaptor? More than likely, yes it was, but this way my Private offer and such won't go to waste and I'll get a vehicle to tinker with if RRaptor is priced stupidly high.
I'd be happy with the Base SAS! I've said it from day 1 that's the best value model that they had and it was my second choice. I probably should've changed my order to one too but out of anger I just cancelled it. I really wanted the 2dt Badlands non SAS and High package for the larger screen and cameras. Like you the enthusiasm was gone and I just didn't care about it as much as I did 2 years ago.

Whats funny is my buddy back east is selling his now. Fully loaded 2dr Badlands with every option and accessory you could get with 3K on it. He just doesn't use it and has 3 other vehicles and while he likes it he would rather get out of the payment right now. He asked me if I was interested in it but I'm not dropping $60K on one and that's at his msrp. Mine was only $47K with the price protection, invoice pricing and another $2K off that so way more than I wanted to spend. Good luck with yours I think it'll be fun and even more fun customizing it.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
I'd be happy with the Base SAS! I've said it from day 1 that's the best value model that they had and it was my second choice. I probably should've changed my order to one too but out of anger I just cancelled it. I really wanted the 2dt Badlands non SAS and High package for the larger screen and cameras. Like you the enthusiasm was gone and I just didn't care about it as much as I did 2 years ago.

Whats funny is my buddy back east is selling his now. Fully loaded 2dr Badlands with every option and accessory you could get with 3K on it. He just doesn't use it and has 3 other vehicles and while he likes it he would rather get out of the payment right now. He asked me if I was interested in it but I'm not dropping $60K on one and that's at his msrp. Mine was only $47K with the price protection, invoice pricing and another $2K off that so way more than I wanted to spend. Good luck with yours I think it'll be fun and even more fun customizing it.
If things go south on the Ranger Raptor, it should be a fun daily driver project to work on. It's part of the reason I would really like some solid information on the G6 RRaptor so I can decide whether to accept it or refuse it.

I don't expect the build week to hold because the two build weeks before mine have already been pushed out and some of those ended up on the April 10 build week with me. I'm actually hoping is does get pushed out in case Ford keeps dragging it's feet with information release.

If the build week holds, I 'should' be good until early May time frame and hope information has been released by then.

ssjx7squall

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
wasn't there something posted here a week or two back where the forum had insider info on when production was going to begin? In July I believe it was an August was when they would hit dealerships.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
wasn't there something posted here a week or two back where the forum had insider info on when production was going to begin? In July I believe it was an August was when they would hit dealerships.
The last update I remember seeing here was Job 1 starting on July 10th. Hopefully that doesn't get pushed out any further because this wait for a Raptor it killing me. lol

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Release Date? Waitin

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
The last update I remember seeing here was Job 1 starting on July 10th. Hopefully that doesn't get pushed out any further because this wait for a Raptor it killing me. lol

Waiting.gif
I'd rather they get it RIGHT rather than get it QUICK. I would at least like to see OFFICIALLY what the NA 6G looks like though..... Seems like that is the least they could do for us.

If there is no PHEV, I'm perfectly happy to keep my 5G long term - I kept my last Ranger for 13 years, so...... Maybe by then they will finally have fixed all their problems! :LOL:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
I'd rather they get it RIGHT rather than get it QUICK. I would at least like to see OFFICIALLY what the NA 6G looks like though..... Seems like that is the least they could do for us.

If there is no PHEV, I'm perfectly happy to keep my 5G long term - I kept my last Ranger for 13 years, so...... Maybe by then they will finally have fixed all their problems! :LOL:
True, as much as I hate waiting I'd rather (hope) they get it perfect.

You know darn well the longer you wait the more they'll delete. By the end of the 6G cycle this is what'll show up at your dealer. 😝

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Release Date? 1677377026505

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
A real mixed bag here for me. Like everyone else, the wait and expectations on seeing the real NA product and all the details is maddening. It will be a simple process for me to see if the few must haves are available or not. If not, I'm fine with what I have and out of the market for anything new and excited for Spring so I can get outside and play again 🏍😎

Biggest upside I'm seeing at this point is so many people already have made up their minds they hate the new design means far less competition to build, order, and receive the truck I DO want if it meets my simple basic needs at the right price point 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.