• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2024 Ranger Release Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor, '13 Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Just weird how this truck is, or should be, so close to NA launch yet Ford is saying zero. Odd as heck. And where is the marketing targeting NA????
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Just weird how this truck is, or should be, so close to NA launch yet Ford is saying zero. Odd as heck. And where is the marketing targeting NA????
Hopefully Ford does a better job marketing the 6G than they did the 5G. I guess that's not setting the bar to high since I have never seen a tv ad for the Ranger since it was launched here back in 2019. I read more articles back in 2017 then after that nothing but a few car magazine articles and YouTube videos.

Some say they didn't want to take sales away from the F150 but that's kind of ridiculous. Anyone shopping for an F150 needs a full size truck and the Ranger wouldn't really be on their radar. If anything I think it's hurt them because they probably went over to the competition. Most likely Toyota because they market the Tacoma very well. Even now I get stopped in parking lots by those asking me about my Ranger who didn't realize the Ranger was being made again.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Hopefully Ford does a better job marketing the 6G than they did the 5G. I guess that's not setting the bar to high since I have never seen a tv ad for the Ranger since it was launched here back in 2019. I read more articles back in 2017 then after that nothing but a few car magazine articles and YouTube videos.

Some say they didn't want to take sales away from the F150 but that's kind of ridiculous. Anyone shopping for an F150 needs a full size truck and the Ranger wouldn't really be on their radar. If anything I think it's hurt them because they probably went over to the competition. Most likely Toyota because they market the Tacoma very well. Even now I get stopped in parking lots by those asking me about my Ranger who didn't realize the Ranger was being made again.
This is perplexing to me. Do you watch any network TV? This isn't a trick question or set up. My experience was totally different with 5G launch and exposure. I'm a cheap ass and don't pay for satellite TV or big bundle or streaming packages, but we had just relocated to Colorado in mid 2017 and by end of the year network TV was literally saturated with new Ranger ads. Like every half hour at minimum. They had ads targeting towing capability in shots of recognizable locations like Parker Dam, desert East of San Diego, foothills and more. They also had a big promotion for invitations to regional test drive clinics. I signed up for the Phoenix clinic but never made it with too much on my plate and a new F-150 in the driveway. I wasn't really looking for a mid size, but they had a new 2019 Ranger on long term display at local dealer (and they tipped me off about the "new" Ranger on the way, lol). I just couldn't avoid exposure to the 5G even in my little rural town.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
This is perplexing to me. Do you watch any network TV? This isn't a trick question or set up. My experience was totally different with 5G launch and exposure. I'm a cheap ass and don't pay for satellite TV or big bundle or streaming packages, but we had just relocated to Colorado in mid 2017 and by end of the year network TV was literally saturated with new Ranger ads. Like every half hour at minimum. They had ads targeting towing capability in shots of recognizable locations like Parker Dam, desert East of San Diego, foothills and more. They also had a big promotion for invitations to regional test drive clinics. I signed up for the Phoenix clinic but never made it with too much on my plate and a new F-150 in the driveway. I wasn't really looking for a mid size, but they had a new 2019 Ranger on long term display at local dealer (and they tipped me off about the "new" Ranger on the way, lol). I just couldn't avoid exposure to the 5G even in my little rural town.
I don't watch a ton of tv but enough to have never seen one tv ad. We've talked about this many times on the 5G forum and serval others agreed they too have never seen any. Maybe they targeted certain markets more than others but I honestly can say I've never seen one single Ranger commercial ever.

With all the competitors releasing new Gens this year I surely hope Ford has some good advertising lined up but they also better fix all these warranty issues that have been piling up over the past 2-3 years too. Sadly those are the articles and YouTube videos I'm seeing more and more of and trust me people are noticing them. I'll admit I'm nervous and apprehensive about shelling out $60K right now with all these ongoing issues.

Robo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, VW Atlas
I am un-patiently waiting for a 2024 Tremor. This sales guy in FL. says that order banks won't open until August or September of this year. This is from 3 days ago, so it's the most up-to-date info I have seen.

2024 Order Bank Info

Last edited:

Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
I am un-patiently waiting for a 2024 Tremor. This sales guy in FL. says that order banks won't open until August or September of this year. This is from 3 days ago, so it's the most up-to-date info I have seen.

2024 Order Bank Info
I don't understand how these random sales people on Youtube have more insight than every other dealership in the country. Are they making stuff up or do these memos not get pushed out to every other dealer?

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
Those random sales people don't have more insight then every other Dealership.
They're just taking what ever info they find off of random clueless sites they visit, like Motorbiscuit (which is pretty bad, btw) and put their own spin on the info just to get clicks on their YouTube channel.

Long McArthur channel is really good and dependable info and he does a live cast each Tuesday at 5pm Pacific/7 Central.

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I'll admit I'm nervous and apprehensive about shelling out $60K right now with all these ongoing issues.
I’m glad I’m not the only one. Normally my predisposition would be just to email the Ford sales dude & go with a Ranger, but I plan to study all 3 main competitors (plus the Ridgeline) quite carefully. I’m not excluding a Ranger from my shopping but neither will it be the automatic choice after my last couple of short term Fords.

I’ve considered an F150 but even if I decided I could do that much of a budget, between issues & deleted options it’s hard to see value in what amounts to a mortgage payment.

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
They're just taking what ever info they find off of random clueless sites they visit, like Motorbiscuit (which is pretty bad, btw)
Are some of these sites written by bots? Not quite so bad for the Ranger which of course has a ton of ‘real’ info out there to create content off of, but if you try searching for any particular make/model & go beyond the first page of google that you’ve already read the links on, you start getting random sites like motorbiscuit come in. Read an article & it seems to be put together with equal parts of:
1. information you already know which is readily available otherwise.
2. False information that’s already been proven false & out of date.
3. Pretenses & half truths combined with wild guesses to fill out an article’s worth of nothing.
Sometimes the phrasing is just awkward enough that I‘m sure it’s bot generated for clicks.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
I’m glad I’m not the only one. Normally my predisposition would be just to email the Ford sales dude & go with a Ranger, but I plan to study all 3 main competitors (plus the Ridgeline) quite carefully. I’m not excluding a Ranger from my shopping but neither will it be the automatic choice after my last couple of short term Fords.

I’ve considered an F150 but even if I decided I could do that much of a budget, between issues & deleted options it’s hard to see value in what amounts to a mortgage payment.
No you're definitely not alone. lol I've always owned Fords and have bought new F150's and E100's for my business every 3 years when I lived back east. When I sold it and moved out there the Ranger wasn't out yet so I bought the new 2016 Tacoma. Long story short I hated it and dumped it as soon as the Ranger came back in 2019. Besides the HVAC box it's been flawless and so were all my other Fords. But seeing all these issue along with all the deleted items has me nervous and keeping my eyes more open. The F150 is just way to big for my needs now and it's to expensive.

Honestly the only other truck I'd consider would be the ZR2 right now. Sorry @Friday yet? but I would consider it in blue. 😁 I really like what they've done with the redesign but they're still using that transmission. Although "supposedly" they fixed the issues but I was reading an article earlier that says otherwise so I'll have to see some real world experiences first. I don't care for any of the others so my choice will be a little limited than yours. So far it seems like the ROTW Rangers are performing well with little issues so I'm really hoping to get the Raptor baring a crazy price.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
I don't understand how these random sales people on Youtube have more insight than every other dealership in the country. Are they making stuff up or do these memos not get pushed out to every other dealer?
Most just push out BS content for clicks on their channel. Honestly I think we get better info here on the forums than they do. There was a member over on the Bronco forum who works at MAP and he'd post all kinds of info and pictures back in 2020. Sadly he had to stop because they found out and he almost got fired for it but it was nice while it lasted.

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
No you're definitely not alone. lol I've always owned Fords and have bought new F150's and E100's for my business every 3 years when I lived back east. When I sold it and moved out there the Ranger wasn't out yet so I bought the new 2016 Tacoma. Long story short I hated it and dumped it as soon as the Ranger came back in 2019. Besides the HVAC box it's been flawless and so were all my other Fords. But seeing all these issue along with all the deleted items has me nervous and keeping my eyes more open. The F150 is just way to big for my needs now and it's to expensive.

Honestly the only other truck I'd consider would be the ZR2 right now. Sorry @Friday yet? but I would consider it in blue. 😁 I really like what they've done with the redesign but they're still using that transmission. Although "supposedly" they fixed the issues but I was reading an article earlier that says otherwise so I'll have to see some real world experiences first. I don't care for any of the others so my choice will be a little limited than yours. So far it seems like the ROTW Rangers are performing well with little issues so I'm really hoping to get the Raptor baring a crazy price.
Yes, after having fleet Fords forever I bought a 2007 F150 for myself, the first one I or anyone in the extended family had bought, & drove it all over the western half of the continent for 10 years. Bullet. Proof. Led me to a couple nice vintage Fords too, a 89 mustang & 93 explorer, and all of the 3 were really awesome! Should’ve never sold the F150. A 2020 explorer was nice, but even it had a few minor issues I never worked with the dealer enough to correct as some circumstances seemed to dictate I trade it in. My Bronco Sport however hasn’t been all that, perhaps because my expectations are set based on it’s price being about what I paid for the F150, except that price now buys about the cheapest thing on the lot.

Like you, I’ve been studying the new Colorado/Canyon, in particular the Canyon Denali. I expect the half assed Government Motors of old, but that’s not what I see reading about these trucks. It seems they’ve gone all out to truly put out a class leading product! It’ll be interesting to see yes what the real world experiences have to say.

Not sure I’d consider a current Tacoma as everything I’ve read so far seems to say I won’t enjoy the seating position. & really my priorities are seating comfort & technology, another area the current Tacoma apparently lacks in.

At the end of the day, with everything I’ve loved about so many Fords over the last 15 years, I’m really hoping the ROTW experience makes the Ranger an obvious choice by the time it shows up here. Hoping for a Platinum, but if they don’t bring that then there’s no denying the cool factor of a Raptor! Even if my off-roading consists of curbs at my community mall parking lot. If the 6G offers comfortable supportive seats with enough room & continues to offer so much tech without subscriptions, I’d be hard pressed to actually buy something else.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Just weird how this truck is, or should be, so close to NA launch yet Ford is saying zero. Odd as heck. And where is the marketing targeting NA?
Just had another thought on this: Maybe the N/A slow roll is deliberately designed to stifle initial demand just enough they don't get hammered with overwhelming demand as soon as Order books open leading to closing orders prematurely (in their forecasting) and long waiting time with thousands of angry buyers like a couple other recent rollouts? Maybe they figured having so much ROW info out there already would satisfy the early adopters while keeping the buzz alive until the reveal?

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I watch a Dealer's YouTube live-stream on Tuesday evenings (Ford Video Guy and I'm pretty sure he visits here from time to time), and he had a note that mentioned G6 Ranger order-banks opening end of April.

The time frame wasn't set in stone, because we all know how things have gotten changed and/or pushed out, but we can roughly piece together a potential time frame.

If the order-banks opening holds true, then the New York Auto show is where it'll show up (April 7th - 16th), even though the attendee list still links to the '23 B&P.

There will be an information dump coming and more than likely in March, if things don't get pushed out again.
I'm really hoping for pricing and information before mid-April, since my Bronco order is currently scheduled for a build week of April 10th.
Couple things - thanks for the info on Ford Video guy but I can't see what specific video from his site that has the Ranger mention. I was going to the Chicago Auto show but pre-show schedule, etc. and made no mention of anything on '24 Ranger or Raptors and didn't go. Can't see anything on the NY show page either as the Ranger pic on attendee list is '23. One would wonder if Ford had something different in NY than Chicago is the biggest in US, I was talking to my dealer's sales manager and he said he was still waiting for a 2022 F-150 Raptor they ordered to be delivered, he is friend and reliable source of info. Haven't seen updated order info on Ford Authority site either. I don't know how analogous it is to what will be available in the US but there was a link Ford Middle East that had what was a ME specific '24 Raptor brochure which had a complete list of features, etc. and pricing. https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/...mercial-vehicles/PL-all_new_ranger_raptor.pdf

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor, '13 Focus ST
Occupation
Sales

Blue almost saved your butt there. Almost.

Work with me here @AzScorpion, once again for the slow learners:

Ford = good :like::clap:

GM = bad 🥵😩

Toyota = 💩
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.