• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
Then why would they bother emailing the dealership and saying I need to either drop the FX4 or add the running boards? If they were only scheduling those, they likely wouldn't bother emailing the dealership and just push my order out to a later date.

We already know there are very low numbers of orders in the system, it isn't like they are strapped for time with scheduling these things. More likely just an oversight in the build & price tool. It sucks that I've got to add-on a feature I don't want but it's either that or be like the Bronco people still waiting for their vehicle 2 years after they ordered it.
Or the build site has not been updated?????
Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Or the build site has not been updated?????
yeah that's what im saying. Running boards are likely required for FX4 and it just didn't get shown correctly in build & price or it was a recent change that was made and they haven't had a chance to update the build info.

regardless I am confident my dealership isn't trying to screw me over, they are well established and they have a great reputation...plus they know I am a forum person and know all the info as soon as it's out there. i'm open to being proven wrong on this but more than likely anyone else getting an FX4 will also need to add the running boards or they'll see the same fate.

ROBOT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4 Lariat
I ordered a lariat FX4 no running boards

Called my dealer they looked up my order in the system and said there are just constraints on the Lariat trim currently and changing anything wouldnt do much. Im not sure but guess im just on the waitlist. This is just god telling me I should wait for the 2.7 i guess

Jacfield

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler
Occupation
Developer
I'm not accusing your dealer of trying to jack up the price. I just personally found it odd that it's not in the B&P and was trying to make you aware of it to be helpful.
I'm trying to make sense of why Ford requires the running boards. Wouldn't it just be easy for them to not install them?

Either way, you have me worried. I called my dealer and asked him if I need to add running boards. Still waiting to hear back.

Sponsored

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
I ordered a lariat FX4 no running boards

Called my dealer they looked up my order in the system and said there are just constraints on the Lariat trim currently and changing anything wouldnt do much. Im not sure but guess im just on the waitlist. This is just god telling me I should wait for the 2.7 i guess
That is me I am riding the wave waiting to order a Ranger Lariat with the 2.7tt

Jacfield

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler
Occupation
Developer
I added the running boards. Do we know if scheduling is happening next week as well?

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I added the running boards. Do we know if scheduling is happening next week as well?
Should happen every week moving forward.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did your dealer get the same email from Ford, or did you just do it as a precaution?

I added mine at 11am CST and never got a schedule email, hopeful for next week.

Jacfield

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler
Occupation
Developer
Did your dealer get the same email from Ford, or did you just do it as a precaution?

I added mine at 11am CST and never got a schedule email, hopeful for next week.
I took your dealer's word for it... Worst case, I bought running boards that I don't need and can maybe sell.

Sponsored

Cabostu

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 24 Ranger Lariat FX4/Azure
Occupation
Real Estate
As title states I hope everyone of you gets scheduled 🤟
Last week I received my first 45 day notice from Ford for my 24 Ranger Lariat FX4. Not sure if that means I won't get scheduled this week or if it means I'm back to the waiting room. I don't know why they would send me 45 day notice and then schedule me a week later?- although I think I've heard of this happening.

Deleted member 6764

Last week I received my first 45 day notice from Ford for my 24 Ranger Lariat FX4. Not sure if that means I won't get scheduled this week or if it means I'm back to the waiting room. I don't know why they would send me 45 day notice and then schedule me a week later?- although I think I've heard of this happening.
It's just an automated email at 45 days.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
I going to wait and see, we don't get email updates here in Canada :(

auromed

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX50
I have one order for an XLT FX4 put in the first week ordering was open, and then got a cash offer and put in a Lariat FX4 order at another dealer last week. Neither order had running boards. Neither was scheduled, so I'd lean towards the FX4 and maybe the running board situation as the constraint over just Lariats.

Did anyone with an FX4 get scheduled today?

OP
OP

RapVillin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Occupation
business owner
I gotvthe 45 day notice and was scheduled the next day. There is hope
Sponsored