• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2024 Ford Ranger Elephant In The Room

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Where is the Wildtrack X with rock crawl mode?? Poor move on Fords part.😞 I’m now looking for a Tacoma.
It'll more than likely come out later this year or next. Fords not going to release everything all at once so this way they can make a big deal about "Hey Look at this!" As far as buying a Tacoma... 😂 They'd better have done a complete 180 with them or it'll be junk just like the 3rd Gens!

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
It'll more than likely come out later this year or next. Fords not going to release everything all at once so this way they can make a big deal about "Hey Look at this!" As far as buying a Tacoma... 😂 They'd better have done a complete 180 with them or it'll be junk just like the 3rd Gens!
Exactly! Some people are jumping off the bridge already because Ford didn't announce every last detail and roadmap for later variants on initial reveal? That's not how they do things :headbang: Mavericks came out with the base models in 3 trims with some options the 1st year of production, then added Tremor the 2nd year. Bronco Sport only added the Heritage Editions this year. Same for Full size Bronco too?

Ford continually updates the Mustang line with Shelby variants, Bullit, California Editions, etc. The impatience and fatalism on display is ridiculous :yawn: Look at the ROW roll out for guidance. No, we won't get everything they get and it will be limited this year for multiple reasons, but you can bet more and more will be added each year if sales are there to support it. Personally, I'm a little deflated after waiting so long, but I never put too much hope into having all the details before we even have order guides and B&P tool up for the 1st time. I can wait on this with what I have at least through end of this model year and see what happens over time. Life goes on 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP

Latour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Exactly! Some people are jumping off the bridge already because Ford didn't announce every last detail and roadmap for later variants on initial reveal? That's not how they do things :headbang: Mavericks came out with the base models in 3 trims with some options the 1st year of production, then added Tremor the 2nd year. Bronco Sport only added the Heritage Editions this year. Same for Full size Bronco too?

Ford continually updates the Mustang line with Shelby variants, Bullit, California Editions, etc. The impatience and fatalism on display is ridiculous :yawn: Look at the ROW roll out for guidance. No, we won't get everything they get and it will be limited this year for multiple reasons, but you can bet more and more will be added each year if sales are there to support it. Personally, I'm a little deflated after waiting so long, but I never put too much hope into having all the details before we even have order guides and B&P tool up for the 1st time. I can wait on this with what I have at least through end of this model year and see what happens over time. Life goes on 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, my expectations are deflated as well. Months upon months of looking at the Wildtrack in Australia, Phillipines,Europe, come to find only 3 watered down variants ( sans Raptor) come out for 2024. Raptor has too much HP for my needs,but I would be willing to pay for the Wildtrack X which bridges the gap between Lariat and Raptor. I bet a lot of other folks would snap that up as well. Need that rock crawl mode. Now come to find after years of waiting, hurry up and wait till 2025 and MAYBE there may be another US variant. So sad.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Where is the Wildtrack X with rock crawl mode?? Poor move on Fords part.😞 I’m now looking for a Tacoma.
In Australia. If you're going to make your judgements on the day 1 release, you're always going to be disappointed. The good tech will likely come to NA with a Tremor model, the US will not see the Wildtrak nameplate. Wildtrak X is also just a trim pack, it has no real additional hardware over a standard Wildtrak, other than offering the 2L Biturbo diesel with the 4A T-case and a few terrain management modes.

Sponsored

c5ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ranger
Occupation
n/a
WHERE IS THE %$%&&^$ EXTENDED CAB???

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
My purchase window starts in January. Hope they have more options by then.
I think you will be good but I expect it may be April until we know more. My guess will be at least Tremor, supercab, and maybe more.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
WHERE IS THE %$%&&^$ EXTENDED CAB???
Wow, you should check out Prozac :) As seen in several posts and sites, there has been a scab seen in the wild, in camo, but spotted. I want one, too, cause I only need 2 doors and a long bed, so no need for a 5' bed.

Now, for my crazy post: Where IS the PHEV!!!!!!!!!

JBTN

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Wow, you should check out Prozac :) As seen in several posts and sites, there has been a scab seen in the wild, in camo, but spotted. I want one, too, cause I only need 2 doors and a long bed, so no need for a 5' bed.

Now, for my crazy post: Where IS the PHEV!!!!!!!!!

I so want a PHEV.....at this point I would buy pretty much any truck that was offered in PEHV.