• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snkrjeff020

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Honestly, I'd pad that estimate by 2 months to Jan 2024.
Production is slated to start early Aug, but it will still need the OKTB and you should factor in a buffer for any unforeseen issues that arise like part availability, outside vendor part quality, and shipping delays (especially around year's end).
This. I think expectations should be 2024 for the majority of us.
Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
#BubbleBurst :crying:
Just being honest. My brother's new explorer just took almost a yr to get. My Ranger I have now took 6 months , and my bronco took 1.5 years.

It can happen sooner , but ordering is a wtg game and a test of patience.

DirtyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger
I ordered my Bronco a little over 2 years ago. I changed the order from a outer banks to a wildtrack. Well they didn't cancel the outer banks and it came in 2 weeks ago. Now my wildtrack will be in next week. I'm not going to buy either one since the Ranger Raptor came out. It seems to be a more usefull vehicle for me. I hope i won't be waiting another 2 years to get one. The MSRP did go up over the 2 years by about $4000 to $5000.
Did your price go up because you made changes? I thought there was some sort of price protection.

Deleted member 5711

Did your price go up because you made changes? I thought there was some sort of price protection.
When you sign your price is guaranteed by Ford. If you make changes to the order let’s say 60 Days from now and if the price has increased you will have to pay the increase. You are also guaranteed the finance rate the day you place your order or the day you take delivery which ever one you want.

DirtyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger
When you sign your price is guaranteed by Ford. If you make changes to the order let’s say 60 Days from now and if the price has increased you will have to pay the increase. You are also guaranteed the finance rate the day you place your order or the day you take delivery which ever one you want.
I wonder if that covers the people who signed retail Raptor orders already despite the narrative that they shouldn't have been able to.

Sponsored

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
All i can tell you is I am looking at a bulletin that went out to all dealerships on May 25th illustrating how to order a 2024 Ranger Raptor. It clearly states it must be stock and that it must have a priority code of between 20-80 and that they get only one stock order this round. It also says in BOLD type, that no retails orders may be submitted, as they will not be built at this time. I cannot post it on here as those messages are proprietary and it could get my dealer in trouble as well as this site to have it posted on it.

I don't know what to tell you with your dealer saying he can't find it.

At this point I just say good luck to everyone, as this appears to be a huge mess and there are going to be a lot of people pissed off when they don't get their trucks!
Whether or not you saw such a bulletin, a friend who used to work at a Ford dealer confirmed everything you said. :like: :LOL: Apparently, this is the normal allocation process at Ford for specialty models.
And, I received confirmation of my RR from my dealer...and it shows "Type: Stock" and "Prioritty Code: 20"...exactly as you said.

As was explained to me, what a quality dealer will do is allow the "for stock" allocation to move through the standard build process, and then at the appropriate time, tag it with the customer's name. My dealer appears to be doing this, as they are one of the higher volume stores in the country. Any other snags in the process appear to be function of poor dealer management. This process should not be new/news to any dealer.

As of now, I am attached to an October allocation, which may mean delivery before year-end.

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
So I just went on Ford chat, and I gave the guy my order code and Sales code and got this reply:

1685473517037.png

1685473577752.png

I don't know what to think anymore guys...
Seems like all that means is that Ford has received your dealer's request for allocation modification. You can't use that link yet anyway because production hasn't begun, so there's no VIN yet. A VIN will not be applied to an allocation until it flips to production.

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Interesting, GM just said my order was July allocation for august production. I’m going to pretend to know what that means
That means that your dealer has a July build-slot allocation, which is then expected to flip to production in August.

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
My story is the same. Just texted the GM and he sent me an email I never got. Reconfirmed my email with him too. Ford may not be sending emails
You probably won't get anything from the manufacturer until the allocation flips to production and received a VIN. Otherwise, there is nothing to update you on...as production has not yet begun.

OP
OP
Snkrjeff020

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Seems like all that means is that Ford has received your dealer's request for allocation modification. You can't use that link yet anyway because production hasn't begun, so there's no VIN yet. A VIN will not be applied to an allocation until it flips to production.
I'm at the point where I am just going to let the chips fall as they may. I can't message my dealer anymore, as I feel like I am approaching annoying level, even though I haven't gotten a straight answer on am I getting the first one, or no chance on that.

They know I am a serious buyer, as I've been messaging them about this for over 2 years and checking in almost on a monthly basis. So if that isn't enough, I'm not sure what else I can do. It's too late for me to start a conversation with another dealer, and still get MSRP, so I am essentially at their will and just hope they do right by me.

Sponsored

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
I'm at the point where I am just going to let the chips fall as they may. I can't message my dealer anymore, as I feel like I am approaching annoying level, even though I haven't gotten a straight answer on am I getting the first one, or no chance on that.

They know I am a serious buyer, as I've been messaging them about this for over 2 years and checking in almost on a monthly basis. So if that isn't enough, I'm not sure what else I can do. It's too late for me to start a conversation with another dealer, and still get MSRP, so I am essentially at their will and just hope they do right by me.
As to whether or not you're the first, I cannot say...but everything else is out of their hand, as far as allocations & production. There are 2,944 Ford dealers in the US (per Google), and everyone of them wants to be a high priority with the OEM...with an average of one RR per store, not every store can be the first to receive their unit.

dguffin

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger,23 Aviator, 01/08 Must, 08 Zuma
Occupation
Shop Foreman
There was a communication today on the ford order site that states retail orders for the Ranger Raptor were accepted, and should not have been. Any orders have to be changed from retail to stock by the dealer, or they have no chance of being built for now.

Deleted member 5711

There was a communication today on the ford order site that states retail orders for the Ranger Raptor were accepted, and should not have been. Any orders have to be changed from retail to stock by the dealer, or they have no chance of being built for now.
I just received an email from my guy at the Ford Store and that is what he said. Mine was ordered originally for Retail so he duplicated the order and made it Stock. He just left the other order so we have all the bases covered.

OP
OP
Snkrjeff020

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I just received an email from my guy at the Ford Store and that is what he said. Mine was ordered originally for Retail so he duplicated the order and made it Stock. He just left the other order so we have all the bases covered.
I wish I had a sales guy like yours. Mine definitely lacks the determination to make sure I get their first unit.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Whether or not you saw such a bulletin, a friend who used to work at a Ford dealer confirmed everything you said. :like: :LOL: Apparently, this is the normal allocation process at Ford for specialty models.
And, I received confirmation of my RR from my dealer...and it shows "Type: Stock" and "Prioritty Code: 20"...exactly as you said.

As was explained to me, what a quality dealer will do is allow the "for stock" allocation to move through the standard build process, and then at the appropriate time, tag it with the customer's name. My dealer appears to be doing this, as they are one of the higher volume stores in the country. Any other snags in the process appear to be function of poor dealer management. This process should not be new/news to any dealer.

As of now, I am attached to an October allocation, which may mean delivery before year-end.
I did see the bulletin on the 25th and was aware of how my order needed to be placed. This only confirms what I've been saying on here for days, but glad yours is getting straightened out.
Sponsored