• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
I phoned my dealer this morning & initially spoke with my salesman about the bulletin & he put me in contact with the general manager of whom his name is on my order preview. He said that he searched through over a month of correspondence from ford & found no such bulletin, he also said that he attempted to submit my order as stock but the system would not accept it so my order has been submitted as retail with a priority 10. I have yet to receive a email from ford though.

Call your dealer. I was in the same boat and he was able to forward me the confirmation he got. I’m not sure they’re sending emails to customers as my email was correct in the order
Sponsored

pyates999

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150
Occupation
Foreman
Call your dealer. I was in the same boat and he was able to forward me the confirmation he got. I’m not sure they’re sending emails to customers as my email was correct in the order
Thanks

G L Rockwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma off road
Occupation
self
Agreed, but I think they were trying to avoid another bronco fiasco as they don't know when these raptors are going to be built and delivered, and don't want to make any promises. I think they were trying to avoid any form of price protection, as their costs are bound to go up before all of these are produced, and were trying to avoid making any false promises/assumptions on when they'd be built.

As stock units, they'd be not price protected and no guarantees as to when they would be received are made. I think this is why Ford told them there would be only 1 per dealer for now, and that it had to be stock unit, and not to put in any more orders for Raptors. HOWEVER, this message did not seem to be received by all dealers, somehow, or they are choosing to ignore it. Which has taken good intentions and throw them out the window, as now we have a mess.

Probably been better not to offer any orders until production was up fully and they could take both stock and retail orders. But I am sure these first run trucks were going to serve as a test run for quality, production processes, etc and again why Ford wanted them to be stock, not retail units. Guess we will see.
I've aborted my initial deal with my dealer, 2000.00 market adjustment, 1900.00 nonnegotiable service package for the first 2 years and a 1500.00 dealer fee. I can wait for another dealer that promised me MSRP and an 899.00 dealer fee and no deposit required. I'm 15th in line and meanwhile I can see what comes with the new releases and options as I wait. Only wish I dealt with this dealer when I was wasting my time with these others. Next time I sit down with a dealer I'm going to casually tell them I work for the FTC. LOL

Moto26

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '17 F150
I've aborted my initial deal with my dealer, 2000.00 market adjustment, 1900.00 nonnegotiable service package for the first 2 years and a 1500.00 dealer fee. I can wait for another dealer that promised me MSRP and an 899.00 dealer fee and no deposit required. I'm 15th in line and meanwhile I can see what comes with the new releases and options as I wait. Only wish I dealt with this dealer when I was wasting my time with these others. Next time I sit down with a dealer I'm going to casually tell them I work for the FTC. LOL
I like how they have the “market adjustment”, and then they have the “dealer fee”. As if those aren’t exactly the same thing, extra profit for the dealer. 🤪

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snkrjeff020

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Honestly, good for you. These dealers are of control.

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
Question. On average how long does it take to get your truck once production begins? What I mean is once Ford notifies you it has started how long till it’s delivered? I understand delays happen but in a perfect world is it 2 weeks 2 months?

OP
OP
Snkrjeff020

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Question. On average how long does it take to get your truck once production begins? What I mean is once Ford notifies you it has started how long till it’s delivered? I understand delays happen but in a perfect world is it 2 weeks 2 months?
I think I read somewhere that it takes 20 production hours to make an F150, but in real world time its 6-12 weeks with 0 setbacks.

NC Spuds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Lexus RC 350, GMC Canyon Denali on order
Occupation
Seed potatoes
My BMW X5 was the first vehicle I’ve ever ordered. It was built in SC in about 4 weeks. Waiting was the longest part of the build. Once the production actually started - it was assembled in a day. BMW has an online system that you can watch as the various build stages progress.

I can’t speak to a Ford build (yet), but I’m assuming the waiting is also going to be the longest part. I’m hoping production of the new Rangers open on schedule, which I believe (hope) will be around August 7th.

After assembly there will be a quality inspection process, then a process to schedule transportation and delivery to the dealer. Allowing a couple weeks for this to happen, hopefully I’ll take delivery late-August.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
My BMW X5 was the first vehicle I’ve ever ordered. It was built in SC in about 4 weeks. Waiting was the longest part of the build. Once the production actually started - it was assembled in a day. BMW has an online system that you can watch as the various build stages progress.

I can’t speak to a Ford build (yet), but I’m assuming the waiting is also going to be the longest part. I’m hoping production of the new Rangers open on schedule, which I believe (hope) will be around August 7th.

After assembly there will be a quality inspection process, then a process to schedule transportation and delivery to the dealer. Allowing a couple weeks for this to happen, hopefully I’ll take delivery late-August.
There won't be any retail deliveries in August. The shortest turn around is usually 60 days or so, but can take longer.

Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
#BubbleBurst :crying:
I can give a some what related example, since they will be built in the same plant.

My Bronco got scheduled for production the week of April 11th on the week of Jan 23rd. It was built April 12th, shipped April 14th and arrived at the Dealer May 10th. There were others built around the same week that sat in the shipping yard for at least 2 weeks before being shipped.

It's really best if people don't plan anything around an estimated build and delivery date, because it's more than likely delays can and will happen.

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Powerboost King Ranch, 2024 HPR Ranger Raptor
I ordered my Bronco a little over 2 years ago. I changed the order from a outer banks to a wildtrack. Well they didn't cancel the outer banks and it came in 2 weeks ago. Now my wildtrack will be in next week. I'm not going to buy either one since the Ranger Raptor came out. It seems to be a more usefull vehicle for me. I hope i won't be waiting another 2 years to get one. The MSRP did go up over the 2 years by about $4000 to $5000.

NC Spuds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Lexus RC 350, GMC Canyon Denali on order
Occupation
Seed potatoes
Thanks guys. I’m in no hurry, but as I’ll be using the Ranger as a tow vehicle behind our RV I was just trying to determine which trips I’d have it for. At this point, I’ll assume I’ll take delivery early November and if it comes sooner then I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
Thanks guys. I’m in no hurry, but as I’ll be using the Ranger as a tow vehicle behind our RV I was just trying to determine which trips I’d have it for. At this point, I’ll assume I’ll take delivery early November and if it comes sooner then I’ll be pleasantly surprised.
Honestly, I'd pad that estimate by 2 months to Jan 2024.
Production is slated to start early Aug, but it will still need the OKTB and you should factor in a buffer for any unforeseen issues that arise like part availability, outside vendor part quality, and shipping delays (especially around year's end).
Sponsored