• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Honestly this could be several things at play here. It could very well be an uninformed or poorly knowledgeable dealer, but at this point its less likely.

If you're only now starting to inquire, I'm afraid you're a little late. If we are talking about a Raptor, a lot of dealers probably have all their future allocations spoken for already. You might need to try expanding to out of state or if you're willing to pay a ADM to jump the line, that could be an option.
Yes, if you're willing to pay a markup, there's still some available. I had a dealer contact me yesterday and ask me if I wanted a Raptor at $15k ADM. I told them to take a hike. I told them I already ordered one at MSRP and they didn't believe me.
Sponsored

Zaman

First Name
Gibran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ranger Raptor, 19' Model Y LR
So all these dealers I call and they tell me the order banks haven't opened yet.... do you think they're talking about for customers to build and order because they don't know it has to be a stock order? Do you think Ford has opened them to some dealers but not all of them to avoid everyone putting in an order at the same time? I've never ordered a truck or dealt with this before.
Best bet now’s is to call around and see where you can submit a retail order. It will sit in the queue and not be pulled until that dealer gets retail allocations (most folks saying Q4- though I had a dealer tell me July but idk if I believe that), but there should be plenty dealers that may have sold their stock order but don’t really have a running waitlist going for future allocations. I’m in this boat. I had a stock order spoken for and paid the deposit, it would have been a 10k adm so I backed out and searched around the country. Ended up submitting a deposit for a retail order but it would be at MSRP, so now I’ll be waiting until it gets pulled one day. Could be a long wait, but this is your only chance at getting into the next batch.

UNLESS folks back out of their orders and dealers are willing to sell those for sticker once they hit lots (very unlikely)

Submitting the retail order and paying deposit doesn’t guarantee the order ever actually gets pulled and built but it’s at least better than just having your name down in the system.

Last edited:

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor & 21 Bronco FE 4-Dr
Best bet now’s is to call around and see where you can submit a retail order. It will sit in the queue and not be pulled until that dealer gets retail allocations (most folks saying Q4- though I had a dealer tell me July but idk if I believe that), but there should be plenty dealers that may have sold their stock order but don’t really have a running waitlist going for future allocations. I’m in this boat. I had a stock order spoken for and paid the deposit, it would have been a 10k adm so I backed out and searched around the country. Ended up submitting a deposit for a retail order but it would be at MSRP, so now I’ll be waiting until it gets pulled one day. Could be a long wait, but this is your only chance at getting into the next batch.

UNLESS folks back out of their orders and dealers are willing to sell those for sticker once they hit lots (very unlikely)

Submitting the retail order and paying deposit doesn’t guarantee the order ever actually gets pulled and built but it’s at least better than just having your name down in the system.
Good advice and dead on.

However, production is now delayed until Sept on rangers and the ok to buy on raptors will come some time later as the press and others will get them first as test vehicles. And they have to produce the almost 3000 stock units promised to dealers first.

I'd not expect to see retail ranger raptors until next spring or later. But.. We've all waited this long so what the heck.

Last edited:

KevR

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor in AGM
Honestly this could be several things at play here. It could very well be an uninformed or poorly knowledgeable dealer, but at this point its less likely.

If you're only now starting to inquire, I'm afraid you're a little late. If we are talking about a Raptor, a lot of dealers probably have all their future allocations spoken for already. You might need to try expanding to out of state or if you're willing to pay a ADM to jump the line, that could be an option.
I'm already talking to out of state dealers especially ones in my home state. I missed one by just a few days.

Sponsored

KevR

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor in AGM
Update for Canada, my dealer just called me and was able to order the raptor today.

They had 1 allocation only and i was 1st in line.

So its done, now lets the wait begin :)
Congrats. I just called a small Ford dealer in my home state. I've been calling tons of different dealers and finally one says the magic words: "No, our Ranger Raptor isn't sold yet." No waiting list, I was the first who called.

Zaman

First Name
Gibran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ranger Raptor, 19' Model Y LR
Congrats. I just called a small Ford dealer in my home state. I've been calling tons of different dealers and finally one says the magic words: "No, our Ranger Raptor isn't sold yet." No waiting list, I was the first who called.
dude. I saw this post from you today and thought "you know what, let me try calling around again". After settling on my Retail order and being content with waiting forever, I decided to pick up the phone and start calling random dealers again. Turns out, quite a few still have theirs, granted most of them were selling at an ADM.. until I found one that wasn't! Submitted their one and only Stock order, priority code 20 at MSRP! Shelter Green Metallic w/ beedlock capables! Didn't even need a deposit while a lot of dealers were asking for up to 5k.

thank you for inspiring me to pick up the phones again lol

KevR

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor in AGM
dude. I saw this post from you today and thought "you know what, let me try calling around again". After settling on my Retail order and being content with waiting forever, I decided to pick up the phone and start calling random dealers again. Turns out, quite a few still have theirs, granted most of them were selling at an ADM.. until I found one that wasn't! Submitted their one and only Stock order, priority code 20 at MSRP! Shelter Green Metallic w/ beedlock capables! Didn't even need a deposit while a lot of dealers were asking for up to 5k.

thank you for inspiring me to pick up the phones again lol
That's awesome!

Sponsored

Cnyce413

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger FX4
Occupation
Dpw
So all the dealers local to me are telling me banks haven't opened yet for raptors (I'm in Massachusetts) obviously a few of you lucky ones got your order in, just curious if it was a region thing? Or is there any updates? I just got this text from another dealership that I called

Hey Chris, its Cody here from Balise Ford. Just checking in with you hope all is well. Letting you know I am checking weekly for that Ranger Raptor order banks to open up. We will be in touch and in the mean time if you have any questions feel free to text me

OP
OP
Snkrjeff020

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
So all the dealers local to me are telling me banks haven't opened yet for raptors (I'm in Massachusetts) obviously a few of you lucky ones got your order in, just curious if it was a region thing? Or is there any updates? I just got this text from another dealership that I called

Hey Chris, its Cody here from Balise Ford. Just checking in with you hope all is well. Letting you know I am checking weekly for that Ranger Raptor order banks to open up. We will be in touch and in the mean time if you have any questions feel free to text me
Hey Chris,

This is because right now, dealers can only place dealer stock orders for Raptors. You essentially need to find a dealer, that is willing to order their stock unit to your build specifications, and then sell it to you when it arrives. Otherwise, retail orders probably won't take place until Q4. The dealer you were talking to either doesn't know that, or they already submitted their stock order, and plan on keeping it and sell it, probably for a huge markup.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truckles 2024 RR Stock Order Placed

They are 1/2 correct. Retail order banks have not opened yet. Stock order banks are open. The only real and big differences are on a stock order you are not price protected and the dealership has no true obligation to sell you that vehicle. It is not a contract to sell you the RR.
It is a dealer order for the RR and if you don't have a great relationship or it's a shady dealership, if they get a better offer, they are not obligated to sell it to you.

Price protected means any price increases will be passed onto you if there are any. Unlike a retail order, the price is not locked in at order time. It is whatever the price is when the RR shows up at the dealership on a stock order.

I went through this with my 2022 GT500. I had to pay $1,500 in price increase compared to when I tried to retail order. Stock order was my only option. No markup though. My brother ordered a Transit van almost 2 years ago. It showed up yesterday. He did not get the price from 2 years ago, but he did get last years price saving him about $6,000 spec the way he wanted it. His was a retail order.

As @Snkrjeff020 said, they can order it exactly as you want but it's still a stock order and what I said above applies.

Last edited:

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
but if they put in 4 STOCK orders each dealer is only getting one to start correct? So if that's the case and then RETAIL orders open in Q4 they both get filled?

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truckles 2024 RR Stock Order Placed
but if they put in 4 STOCK orders each dealer is only getting one to start correct? So if that's the case and then RETAIL orders open in Q4 they both get filled?
Good question. I have heard each dealership is only getting one stock order. I have no clue on how allocations will go for retail.
Historically what you say is not necessarily true. Ford, by some magic formula no one seems to know, will pick and choose who gets how many retail allocations of specialty cars.
Sponsored