• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Scole31

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado Z71
Does this mean that the regular ranger will get produced after this period of time?

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Does this mean that the regular ranger will get produced after this period of time?
This indicates that the only scheduling they’re doing right away is Raptors.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
This indicates that the only scheduling they’re doing right away is Raptors.
Now I'm going to be even more jealous if I can't get one in the first batch. Hopefully this means that timelines are moved up and those who are not first in line might get a chance to get one sooner than expected.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
It looks like they're going to get schedule an initial batch of RRaptors to be built.

I'd love to get my hopes up and hope the guy ahead of me gets picked, but I know better from the Bronco rodeo that drug me thru the dirt for almost 3 years. 😒

Sponsored

Mikknj

First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT Cactus Grey
Waaaa What about my non Raptor order.... :frown:

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
It looks like they're going to get schedule an initial batch of RRaptors to be built.

I'd love to get my hopes up and hope the guy ahead of me gets picked, but I know better from the Bronco rodeo that drug me thru the dirt for almost 3 years. 😒
I simply don't believe that all 3,000 allocations have been reserved. Finding a Raptor at numerous dealers within a 50 mi radius of me was a very simple thing. The only thing I had to whittle down is which dealership was going to charge me the ADM amount that I had set for my budget.

And with Ford now instructing dealerships to convert stock orders to retail orders for customers I suspect retail orders are going to get a priority over those dealerships with an unspoken allocation left that just want to order for their lot.

Of course Old Murphy and his law loves to throw a wrench in things but I think it would be okay to be optimistic depending on their units per day production that nearly everyone on here stands a good chance.

I guess with some of us e-detectives need to do at this point is see if we can dig up statistical history regarding Ford's production and how many units they can produce. Starting with the F-150 Raptor would be a good base point.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I simply don't believe that all 3,000 allocations have been reserved. Finding a Raptor at numerous dealers within a 50 mi radius of me was a very simple thing. The only thing I had to whittle down is which dealership was going to charge me the ADM amount that I had set for my budget.

And with Ford now instructing dealerships to convert stock orders to retail orders for customers I suspect retail orders are going to get a priority over those dealerships with an unspoken allocation left that just want to order for their lot.

Of course Old Murphy and his law loves to throw a wrench in things but I think it would be okay to be optimistic depending on their units per day production that nearly everyone on here stands a good chance.

I guess with some of us e-detectives need to do at this point is see if we can dig up statistical history regarding Ford's production and how many units they can produce. Starting with the F-150 Raptor would be a good base point.
Haven’t historical production numbers for the Ranger been posted here at some point?

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Haven’t historical production numbers for the Ranger been posted here at some point?
Not sure.

But a cursory glance at Google using a search for how many raptors can ford build in 24 hours some rather unconfirmed data is that it takes somewhere between 6 to 12 hours from the start of the production to it finishing. Of course this would only matter if it was one station doing everything but once the assembly line is moving that means it's only spending so much time at the station and gets moved along in the station it was at starts right back up again on the next one.

Of course even if that's true that's not the information we want to know on another form someone said that a vehicle rolls to the finish line about once every 60 seconds.

So let's say that 60 seconds is accurate that would mean in a 24-hour period they could produce 1,440 Ranger raptors.

So in a little less than 3 days they could complete all 3,000 allocations.

Of course all of the above is purely hypothetical dreaming.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Not sure.

But a cursory glance at Google using a search for how many raptors can ford build in 24 hours some rather unconfirmed data is that it takes somewhere between 6 to 12 hours from the start of the production to it finishing. Of course this would only matter if it was one station doing everything but once the assembly line is moving that means it's only spending so much time at the station and gets moved along in the station it was at starts right back up again on the next one.

Of course even if that's true that's not the information we want to know on another form someone said that a vehicle rolls to the finish line about once every 60 seconds.

So let's say that 60 seconds is accurate that would mean in a 24-hour period they could produce 1,440 Ranger raptors.

So in a little less than 3 days they could complete all 3,000 allocations.

Of course all of the above is purely hypothetical dreaming.
https://www.ranger6g.com/forum/threads/production-figures-for-ranger-updated-with-june-figures.7524/

Found the thread. Somewhere between 4,000 and 6,000 a month at full steam. So theoretically they could finish in 2-3 weeks. They probably wont be at full steam so figure 3-4 weeks? Assuming their choice is to knock out all the Raptors at once.

Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist

When I said initial batch I wasn't referring to them scheduling all of the first 3000-ish RRaptors (though most of us here would love to hope that's the case). They're gonna schedule a small batch to be built over that time span.
I was commenting on how I hoped the guy ahead of me would get picked in this round so he can be done and I move up for the next allocation when it comes time.

The availability of parts for RRaptor is going to be the biggest thing to keep an eye on, so once this initial scheduling is done we're going to have to watch and see if we can get a number on how many were scheduled and what will be scheduled over the next 8-ish weeks.

The Bronco scheduling happening this week is for 'specialty' models only (Everglades, BRaptor, Heritage).

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Got mine in 1st day and a second as a retail order. So hopefully one of them is pulled for production.

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
Usually they will build a single model on the line for a bit as the RR is slightly different than the other models. This saves them re-tooling everything.
Not sure how true this is. The Raptor seems to go down the DTP line randomly intermingled with all other F-150 trims. MAP is just assembling the final product so I don't think there's significant, or any, retooling necessary. In general, everything bolts together the same across trims, the Raptor just requires performance-oriented parts in place of the standard offering.

Just my understanding though, I could be completely off.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
They're all intermingled and they don't just tool up to build one specific model. since the Bronco models are built on the same line.
I think the only one that may require something is the Bronco Raptor, since it has 37's and is wider than all the rest. They put smaller wheels & tires on it to get it down the assembly line, if I remember correctly.

Zaman

First Name
Gibran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ranger Raptor, 19' Model Y LR
By all accounts it sounds like there weren't that many orders put in, fingers crossed all of us get scheduled this week. I'm guessing that's when VIN's are assigned?
Sponsored