• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor & 21 Bronco FE 4-Dr
Wow delayed again as expected. I really don't think we will see any sellable Raptors until early 2024

sideshowbob19

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 escape hybrid awd
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Not saying its not true but I find it hard to believe they would let the factory be shut down for 2 whole months given the demand for any new ford right now. Just my uninformed 2 cents.

Elbajio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Not saying its not true but I find it hard to believe they would let the factory be shut down for 2 whole months given the demand for any new ford right now. Just my uninformed 2 cents.
I believe the factory that produces rangers also produces broncos so perhaps they'll focus on broncos for that period.

Sponsored
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2014 Mustang GT
Occupation
Computer Nerd
They will continue to build current gen Rangers and Broncos. MAP already builds considerably more Broncos as it is.

I work in the industry and also have a family member at MAP. Ford has paused multiple launches including Escape,Mustang and Super Duty.

We make seats for Mustang and just went in to full production last week after being delayed months.

I would not be surprised to see the date slide further.

Brad

I believe the factory that produces rangers also produces broncos so perhaps they'll focus on broncos for that period.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 pinto V8, 1995 Mustang GT conv, 2019 SuperCab 2WD Ranger, 2016 Transit Connect
Chuck Farley! :giggle:

sideshowbob19

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 escape hybrid awd
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I don’t know how the lines/factory work but I know they build broncos there as well. It would make sense if they were building more broncos but are those made on separate lines within the factory or could they change quickly depending on what is needed that month? In my mind it would just be weird to not make rangers on the ranger line for that long or even longer but obviously I am coming at this from a layman consumer point of view. But I also understand “supply issues” and if they don’t have what they need to build them then they can’t build them. I have just been waiting on a maverick for almost 2 years and have decided its not happening and talked myself into a ranger and worried about going through the same thing again.

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2014 Mustang GT
Occupation
Computer Nerd
There is only one main assembly line. Rangers and Broncos are built at the same time on the same line. There are actually multiple lines in the plant when you look at all of the subassemblies.

They are building more Broncos than Rangers and have been for some time. They will build out the current 2023MY Rangers and slide right in to 2024MY. There is no ceremonious shut down.. they start stocking the stations with new parts and one model goes away and the next starts.

If anyone ever comes to Michigan I suggest taking the Ford Factory Tour at the Henry Ford Museum to go watch F150 production run at Dearborn Truck. It will give you an appreciation for how modern assembly runs.

Supply issues and trucking issues are real. I work for a seating supplier that feeds all of the major OEMs and we see supply constraints all the time as well as customer down time.

I don’t know how the lines/factory work but I know they build broncos there as well. It would make sense if they were building more broncos but are those made on separate lines within the factory or could they change quickly depending on what is needed that month? In my mind it would just be weird to not make rangers on the ranger line for that long or even longer but obviously I am coming at this from a layman consumer point of view. But I also understand “supply issues” and if they don’t have what they need to build them then they can’t build them. I have just been waiting on a maverick for almost 2 years and have decided its not happening and talked myself into a ranger and worried about going through the same thing again.

Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Lol I'm afraid we all be getting MY2025 Rangers with 5K MSRP increase.

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
cant say im shocked at all. Oh well. Now tacoma can gain some traction and give people somthing think about ordering Tacoma over ranger , or just get colorado not good for ranger sales.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
This is why I originally got a Colorado. Got tired of waiting for around 2 years for the USA Release of the Ranger launch after delay and delay and delay. I would probably still be driving the Colorado but when Ford had a hard time selling the Ranger and offered up to 8000.00 in rebates and dealer incentives so I jumped in.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
cant say im shocked at all. Oh well. Now tacoma can gain some traction and give people somthing think about ordering Tacoma over ranger , or just get colorado not good for ranger sales.

I have to wonder when the Taco will release too. Considering only a handful were even built for the event and allot of those were not even complete because they didn't have the parts. Even if available they will mostly be sold out for a while. When the Taco did even a minor refresh they were hard to get.

Colorado will probably see a bump.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma production is looking like late this year for lower trims and not until next year for upper trims.
Sponsored