• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor & 21 Bronco FE 4-Dr
They all have been doing it.

What is funny is in that particular thread they keep pointing out Ford.

But Toyota dealer have done it in the past. Last small revision I think they added like android and carplay to the Taco they did the exact thing.

I saw Hyundai dealers do it with that small truck they have.
Our Toyota dealer has been adding $5000 and up on popular models.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Wow anyone see the mark up on the new Taco.

Retail 53,000
15,000 market adjustments.
then they have all dealer add ons which are crazy high.

Saw a couple of things yesterday on it like :
you can find crazy adjustment anywhere. There are honest dealers though . Dont give them your business.

OP
OP

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our Toyota dealer has been adding $5000 and up on popular models.
Im not sure what the policy are on used trucks for toyota but if its new custom order it should be msrp....... Ford has the same issue with mavericks . Hot trucks that are used right now have market up. You really have to custom order.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im not sure what the policy are on used trucks for toyota but if its new custom order it should be msrp....... Ford has the same issue with mavericks . Hot trucks that are used right now have market up. You really have to custom order.
The Toyotas I have ordered(can't custom order, but can let dealer know what to find in regional allocation), were all bought well under msrp. I'm not paying MSRP and im sure not paying over it.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Used is mkt driven as it's all up to what a dealer gave for the vehicle and how much they want to mark it up over that amount, both of which are typically determined by the mkt for that type of vehicle in its condition at that time. Completely different animal than new vehicles.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Toyotas I have ordered(can't custom order, but can let dealer know what to find in regional allocation), were all bought well under msrp. I'm not paying MSRP and im sure not paying over it.
interesting but that's good , that you can pay under invoice. It really has to do with the dealer your working with. There are good dealers and bad dealers.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
interesting but that's good , that you can pay under invoice. It really has to do with the dealer your working with. There are good dealers and bad dealers.
Tis very true!

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
The link was in my post.

What is funny is had had not even known they set the price yet.
I don't see any links in your post. It looked like you meant to links something but never did. Anyway, what model is that $53k for?

RaptorFP

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sonata N Line
As a long time Ford fan and current '22 Bronco owner, i was dead set on getting the ranger raptor next but now i am seriously looking at the TRD pro/Trailhunter.

Personally, i dont like any other trims of rangers except the raptor, but i would most likely get get a standard tacoma trim vs a standard ranger based on what ive seen so far...
I think the new TRD Pro/Trailhunter are badass trucks, but they missed with making the hybrid drive train the only option on these. I was hoping for a good Raptor competitor but hybrid isn't for me.

Last edited:

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I don't see any links in your post. It looked like you meant to links something but never did. Anyway, what model is that $53k for?

Hmm weird I can click on it and every one that quoted me. It was on reddit and it was the TRD PRO.

Maybe Ranger6g is blocking it.

Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
I think the new TRD Pro/Trailhunter are badass trucks, but they missed with making the hybrid drive train the only option on these. I was hoping for a good Raptor competitor but hybrid isn't for me.
I really like the idea of hybrid with way better MPGs, but when storage space is at a premium in these trucks and you're taking the entire under backseat storage for batteries, that kind of sucks.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really like the idea of hybrid with way better MPGs, but when storage space is at a premium in these trucks and you're taking the entire under backseat storage for batteries, that kind of sucks.
Definitely makes it not work for a lot of people. Same thing happened with new sequoia, batteries don't let 3rd row seat fold flat on floor like the competition. Not a good idea to take up your storage on vehicles that are bought for that very thing in mind.

RaptorFP

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sonata N Line
Definitely makes it not work for a lot of people. Same thing happened with new sequoia, batteries don't let 3rd row seat fold flat on floor like the competition. Not a good idea to take up your storage on vehicles that are bought for that very thing in mind.
Very true. It's not beneficial from the practical standpoint. Mpgs are nice, but a more complicated powertrain and less space are not so nice hence why I feel ICE options should be offered along with hybrid for people to choose what they want/need.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very true. It's not beneficial from the practical standpoint. Mpgs are nice, but a more complicated powertrain and less space are not so nice hence why I feel ICE options should be offered along with hybrid for people to choose what they want/need.
Need it to be usable more than I need better fuel economy. I'm buying it for its size and utility.

OP
OP

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Need it to be usable more than I need better fuel economy. I'm buying it for its size and utility.
i think mpg where the ranger is going better than tacoma and is bit bigger than tacoma and has more leg room. To me being comfortable is number 1 when driving
Sponsored