• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Dealer wants a $20K mark-up... Anyone else been hit with this???

PawnX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I saw one with an 18-20k markup here when I was considering buying an in stock standard ranger since I'm still waiting on mine.

Even though they didn't have the mark up on the normal ranger Icrossed that dealer off my list.
20k markup is just ridiculous and I don't want to do business with them even on a non marked up vehicle.
Sponsored

gstahl

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor, 20 F-150 Raptor, 23 Taycan GTS
Occupation
Software
I started very late with cars.com and emailed or called 17 dealers (I skipped the ones with more than 10K markups advertised which were a bunch). I had 15 more on the list that I had not reached out to yet.

A bunch ghosted me (e.g., no reply). A bunch responded. About half were sold/reserved. Of the other half, the average markup was slightly over $7,500, with the top one being $15K and most being $7.5K.

I found a dealer with the color we wanted, within driving distance, who was very good to work with and paid ADM of less than $5K. Which, for me, was worth it. I expect others may not think the same way.

Note, I did not find any dealers who responded that had a truck at MSRP; all had ADM, and none were less than 5K (at least that was their starting point). I suspect you can find MSRP out there, I did not see any with the dealers I spoke to. As Dustin said, if you can or want to wait, Ford will make more, and the ADM will likely go away

That is my story from the last week or so, good luck to everyone in their search. If anyone wants info from my list, happy to share; just DM me

average

First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
I just picked up my Shelter Green RR, paid no ADM. Don't rush, you will find one. But be ready to put down a deposit.

I started out on Saturday looking around and calling every dealership with one online within a 200 mile radius of Central FL. Went to the local dealer here (Peacock Ford) and they wanted a $7500 ADM for a no optioned RR, said no thanks on that, on the drive home I got a call from one I inquired at (Garber Ford, amazing dealership), and they happened to have one that someone backed out on and I put a deposit on it as quick as I could.

Just be patient, luck will come your way. Don't contribute to the issue that these greedy dealers are capitalizing on. There is zero reason or excuse why you should pay above MSRP.

You may have to look a bit further, but you will find one.

dboot66

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor, Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I found my silver Raptor a week ago for MSRP, after only looking for a week. Price for trade-in was more than fair. Doc fee $199. Good discount on extended warranty. All in all I am very pleased. So, to echo others in this thread, hang in there and don’t pay an ADM.

Ag3ntC00p3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
D-Patrick in Evansville, IN had SG listed at MSRP on Autotrader and their website. Spoke with someone to confirm availability and pricing. They stated it was in stock and available and wanted to setup a time to come in and look at it. I stated I was out of state and willing to put deposit down and arrange financing for pickup any time this week or weekend. Got placed on hold and was then told they wanted a $20k markup. Laughed and hung up.

Sponsored

Roverhound

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanic
NoVA and Richmond VA dealers all seem to want a mark up. Anywhere from 5 to 15k.
In my search it was mostly availability. They either had one dealer ordered or someone already had dibs.
The Ford site only lets you search within 100 miles of your zip and even then didn't show whether it was actually in dealer possession or not.
I also did the search on cars.com, car guru and auto trader and found mine in a WV dealership about 120 miles from me.
Talked to them Friday and brought it home Saturday.

Edit. Ramey Ford in Princeton WV called me Monday, they have a Hot Pepper Red there that someone backed out of.

JAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
Mitchell Selig Ford in Windsor, CT has a cactus grey one on the lot for $10k over sticker.

Funny thing is that they are happy to order one for you at MSRP with no markup. They told me that the one on the lot was ordered & 'sold' at MSRP, but then the buyer backed out. So, they were willing to sell it for MSRP, but because the person backed out it is now worth $10k more.

Dnible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NONE
I saw one with an 18-20k markup here when I was considering buying an in stock standard ranger since I'm still waiting on mine.

Even though they didn't have the mark up on the normal ranger Icrossed that dealer off my list.
20k markup is just ridiculous and I don't want to do business with them even on a non marked up vehicle.
Here in Phoenix AZ, we have one dealer among all the rest that is openly advertising NO DEALER MARKUP! My wife and I bought an Escape there last October and they had posters all over the place to “SAY NO TO DEALER MARKUP”. I placed my order for my RR then and was openly offered a price of $500 BELOW the MSRP, simply because I’m a repeat customer. Another dealer I checked openly said they’re marking up the Raptors both for the F150 and the Ranger As well as the Bronco. They also said they went over $50k markup on the 2023 F150 Raptor. Then he said half under his breath that there were people “stupid enough to pay it”, too. I let him know that I’d buy a Chevy before I would let a dealership do that to me…

The dealership is the largest Ford dealer in AZ Per volume sold so do a google search. For $20 to $50k you can fly in, drive home and have a nice vacation in-between…

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Retired
After I learned that my order on 5/26/23 might never be built, as dealer used only allocation for themselves, I started looking around in mid-March. Lots of dealers had them on the way. Found a dealer a few hours away with one inbound on a train. Nearly what I had ordered, with a few things I had not (beadlocks, keyless entry and mud flaps). Asked about ADM, salesman said $18. I said hundred? He said thousand and I laughed. Settled on $2k over sticker and it came in the next week.
After I signed the deal, multiple dealers got back to me on trucks that they had inbound.

Be patient, but you have to decide how bad do you want it. I never thought I would pay over MSRP either, but after waiting nearly a year and learning that my order was essentially worthless, I was open to a small markup.
Sponsored