• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Doors hard to close

Ice.candi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor/2005 Dodge Durango
No, it's not "just a tight cabin" for many of us. My passenger side doors close much easier than my driver's doors and the driver's side doors are noticeably out of alignment. Tested opening and closing one at a time.

Just like many of us have to slam our hood to get it to latch. At least a couple members here have had their doors and/or hood adjusted which has remedied needing to slam them. My back upper rear seat also needs much more effort than normal to latch.
I had to adjust my hood latch because it would close at all after I opened it, back seat I have to push fairly hard but that's not really an issue. Drivers side door is the only one that's hard to close for me, but definitly looks lined up and if I open the window it's fine, which really doesn't make sense why the other ones are always easy. I don't see any way to adjust the latch though.
Sponsored

NASSTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor / 1994 Bronco
It's just a tight cabin, shutting the door harder works with the windows fully closed. Open a window just a bit and it closes fine. Probably will get easier as the various door and window seals wear.
That's how mine is. With the widows all the way up I have to slam all 4 doors but they close easy if there is a window slightly open.

rogueshark18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Same issue, seeing both the passenger and driver doors are hard to shut compared to my 2021 Bronco and other Fords I have owned. Constantly having to reshut the driver door and tell my passengers to fix theirs.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Has anyone seen this insulation stuck between the bed and the cab of the truck? I believe it’s keeping the pressure relief door from opening when doors are shut. Just want some feedback before I get a tool to grab it and yank it out
IMG_0256.jpeg
IMG_0255.jpeg
IMG_0257.jpeg
Hi there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Raptor (4/19/24)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Same issue. Driver's door needs a lot of force to shut. Very annoying.
Plus, hood needs to be slammed shut to close.
My F-150 never had any of those problems.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Hi there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.
Pretty bad when a official ford account person doesn't know that's there. :LOL: It's on all of them so why just single out 1 person.

Carbon6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I'm having issues with my doors closing as well. Twice they have appeared shut and while driving you hear the door move and I get the alert saying the door is open, have to pull over and slam the door.

Sponsored

KarateMonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
I just checked and mine has the same fiberous foam piece in the same spot. It is starting to seem like an expected piece. I didnt notice it before, but my truck is white so it blends in.

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat
Just checked my Lariat and has the exact same thing...was wondering why I felt like I needed to slam the doors to get them to close...I had to lock my cameras focus in on something else to get a really clear crisp shot of it.

Ford Ranger Doors hard to close foam

NickyFlippers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2005 Dodge SRT4
Occupation
Gov't Stooge
This has been plaguing me since day one and I've just chalked it up to the cheapness of parts and overall quality. Whether it's the doors not closing or this plastic "premium" upholstery, I can't help but feel offended that this is a $50k vehicle.

zadagr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Promaster, 4runner
Just checked my Lariat and has the exact same thing...was wondering why I felt like I needed to slam the doors to get them to close...I had to lock my cameras focus in on something else to get a really clear crisp shot of it.

foam.jpg
Did removing the foam help with closing the doors?

Carbon6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I took mine in for it's first oil change and wanted them to adjust the doors and align the headlights. I was told they couldn't reproduce it and there were no codes - they would need to report it to Ford.
The dealers are a joke anymore. Unless they have a code punching them in the face they do nothing. I had to tell a Lincoln dealer my AC compressor was bad on my Explorer because they couldn't find anything wrong. Cracked head on our 22 Ranger at 10,000 miles and they couldn't figure out where the coolant was leaking from. One dealer said they didn't have the tools to do it.
Horrible representation of the brand through the dealers and it's not just one in our area. Trying to create a paper trail of the issue for Ford so they can see there are issues but I guess I will figure it out myself.
Sponsored