• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company Here

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Medic
So what you're saying is that Ford should be OK with their truck being at the bottom of the barrel? The Ranger is outsold by every single midsize truck on the market except the Ridgeline which isn't even a truck. And they should be content with that?

Well, they're going to continue to be eaten alive by the new Tacoma, Colorado, and Canyon. So they're going to get what they asked for.
So what you're saying is that Ford should be OK with their truck being at the bottom of the barrel? The Ranger is outsold by every single midsize truck on the market except the Ridgeline which isn't even a truck. And they should be content with that?

Well, they're going to continue to be eaten alive by the new Tacoma, Colorado, and Canyon. So they're going to get what they asked for.
Gotta say, I'm not with you on this one. I've seen advertising for all the others, but Ford ads for Ranger are a zero. Bottom line is, if they don't build them they can't sell them. Seems as though Ford has pretty well sold through their past production run. If they build them and don't tell anyone, again, nobody will consider purchasing one.
I'm really not sure that the front bumper design will be a factor for most people. The Ranger has been a great little truck. The biggest issue is that not enough people know.

B.
Sponsored

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Medic
...... Plus Ford has said making $ on what they sell, not market share is what they are focused on. So I'm not sure they care whether or not they are at the top of mkt share leadership in this segment.
That is most certainly the battle cry of a company who lacks market share. Yes, you gotta be profitable, but market share is the other pillar of profitability. No one says no to that. Besides, that whole sentiment is silliness anyway. We all know that Ford is drowning in loss for other reasons.
I'm the current CO of one of the 40 FDNY EMS stations in New York. I have a fleet of 21 Ambulances assigned to this station, all Fords. (F450 & F550) At any given time, 8-10 are off service. 3 or 4 are out for warrentee service at a Ford vendor. Every one has a check engine light on for some reason. ...and thats just my one station. Add to that the other 39 stations, other miscelanious vehicles, the Explorers that the Deputy Chiefs get, etc. ...and we're just one agency in one city. Not for nuthin, but the biggest moneymaker for Ford in the near future is gonna be to stop the hemorrhaging of cash out the back door.

...just Sayin.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor, '13 Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Hello Ranger enthusiasts!

We're thrilled to be joining you on this forum. We will be monitoring our inbox and assisting you with any needs regarding your Ford Ranger. Don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message. We look forward to joining the conversation!

-Ford Motor Company Social Media Team
So where have you been all this time on the Ranger5G forum?!

OHTREMOR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Lariat Tremor
Hello Ranger enthusiasts!

We're thrilled to be joining you on this forum. We will be monitoring our inbox and assisting you with any needs regarding your Ford Ranger. Don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message. We look forward to joining the conversation!

-Ford Motor Company Social Media Team
Very courageous of you Ford. Hope your roll out of the Ranger goes better than other vehicles or you will be fielding a lot of angry emails. As for me….love my 21 Tremor. Hope a 6G Tremor is in the works as I replace my vehicles every 2-5 years and I’m starting to look at all the new midsize trucks.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SCREW STX SE
Occupation
machinist
A lot of talk about 'Please do something about ridiculous ADM'. Yeah, Ford doesn't really care about that. If they say they do, it's just lip service. As long as the vehicles are sold, they don't care if a dealer adds 10K to the MSRP any more than if a dealer cuts the price by 10K. FMC got their money either way.

Sponsored

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
A lot of talk about 'Please do something about ridiculous ADM'. Yeah, Ford doesn't really care about that. If they say they do, it's just lip service. As long as the vehicles are sold, they don't care if a dealer adds 10K to the MSRP any more than if a dealer cuts the price by 10K. FMC got their money either way.
I mean the "S" in MSRP stands for "suggested" - it's not MRRP, "required". Pretty sure Ford likes the idea of people willing to pay way over MSRP on their product, regardless of what they say.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I mean the "S" in MSRP stands for "suggested" - it's not MRRP, "required". Pretty sure Ford likes the idea of people willing to pay way over MSRP on their product, regardless of what they say.
Considering they are only making 2000 Raptors initially, when there's probably 10k orders right off the bat, is probably good grounds that they dgaf about ADMs.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement

Why would they like the idea? Once it is sold to the dealer, what the dealer makes in profit has nothing to do with Ford Corporate.

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Why would they like the idea? Once it is sold to the dealer, what the dealer makes in profit has nothing to do with Ford Corporate.
Custom order need to be sold as the manufacture sets it. Used fine they have no say. Custom order is direct order from custom to manufacture back to the customer. Ford already has this in place with EVs making it non negotiable.. The dealer is just the holder. Ford has already taken away allocations from dealers who don't have 70% custom order sold. It gives ford a bad name and gives money to another automaker.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Custom order need to be sold as the manufacture sets it. Used fine they have no say. Custom order is direct order from custom to manufacture back to the customer. Ford already has this in place with EVs making it non negotiable.. The dealer is just the holder. Ford has already taken away allocations from dealers who don't have 70% custom order sold. It gives ford a bad name and gives money to another automaker.
Ok let me know when this applies to non-EV. Until this does us F-all any good.

Sponsored

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Ok let me know when this applies to non-EV. Until this does us F-all any good.
70% Of ALL custom orders . just not EV must be met. IF not the dealer has to write up why a customer order has not been met. If because of ADM they are in trouble. Ive see few dealers that have lost ton business because of this.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
70% Of ALL custom orders . just not EV must be met. IF not the dealer has to write up why a customer order has not been met. If because of ADM they are in trouble. Ive see few dealers that have lost ton business because of this.
I'll believe it when I see it. Ford plays lip service, but that is about it.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truckles 2024 RR Stock Order Placed
Thanks for having a presence on here @FoMoCoFoMe.

I'm the current CO of one of the 40 FDNY EMS stations in New York. I have a fleet of 21 Ambulances assigned to this station, all Fords. (F450 & F550) At any given time, 8-10 are off service.
Our fleet of Chevy police Tahoes fair no better. Constantly down for warranty service. Windshield washer fluid. Haha. The reservoirs will not keep fluid. Not a major issue but one of many issues that don’t down a unit but are irritating. Our old Ford Explorers are holding up much better.
Just saying.
Not trying to poke the bear, just pointing out I think in our lines of work we are very hard on vehicles and they all have their issues.

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
You are correct, but it proves people really want their product. In a perfect world, people would see the mark-up and walk away and Ford would lose sales. That's the only way Ford would step in. If this hurt their image enough their shareholders suffered, they'd do something about it, but it does not so they do not lift a finger, short of, "haha, ok guys, knock it off, please." And things have changed how much?

IMO, we don't need dealerships as a middle man. We should be able to purchase directly from the manufacturer. But lobbying has kept that archaic practice in place and here we are. Dealerships have their purpose but it does not need to be a middleman to get a car from the dealership to your possession, at least not in the form it is now.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Thanks for letting dealers, F customers over with dealer markups! I had a Raptor order at MSRP I went to place the order sorry it’s a 10k markup.

Even if you get MSRP that does not stop the dealer from adding addons like paint protection etc.. That happened to allot of Maverick buyers. They go to pick it up and there are all these add ons and dealer added fees.
Sponsored