• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company Here

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Medic
Thanks for having a presence on here @FoMoCoFoMe.

Our fleet of Chevy police Tahoes fair no better. Constantly down for warranty service. Windshield washer fluid. Haha. The reservoirs will not keep fluid. Not a major issue but one of many issues that don’t down a unit but are irritating. Our old Ford Explorers are holding up much better.
Just saying.
Not trying to poke the bear, just pointing out I think in our lines of work we are very hard on vehicles and they all have their issues.
Too funny!

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Has any one got any answers from Ford when you messaged them. Us in Canada are wondering when the Build option will be offered at Ford.ca

Reactions: MJE

NC Spuds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Lexus RC 350, GMC Canyon Denali on order
Occupation
Seed potatoes
Has any one got any answers from Ford when you messaged them. Us in Canada are wondering when the Build option will be offered at Ford.ca
Their presence here is purely to provide excitement it seems. It’s the social media team (person) and they appear to avoid answering questions like the plague. But, that color of Ranger will look good on you! 🤓

drzmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Yeah, i got an answer pretty quick, they told me to contact Ford Canada and sent me some non working links to contact them...

Sponsored

drzmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, i got an answer pretty quick, they told me to contact Ford Canada and sent me some non working links to contact them...
And meanwhile, my local Chevy dealer have a Colorado Zr2 already scheduled for production and available...... 🤔

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SCREW STX SE
Occupation
machinist
You are correct, but it proves people really want their product. In a perfect world, people would see the mark-up and walk away and Ford would lose sales. That's the only way Ford would step in. If this hurt their image enough their shareholders suffered, they'd do something about it, but it does not so they do not lift a finger, short of, "haha, ok guys, knock it off, please." And things have changed how much?

IMO, we don't need dealerships as a middle man. We should be able to purchase directly from the manufacturer. But lobbying has kept that archaic practice in place and here we are. Dealerships have their purpose but it does not need to be a middleman to get a car from the dealership to your possession, at least not in the form it is now.
The part that worries me about it, is FoMoCo seeing that people are willing to pay an ADM of $5-10K, and thinking " If people are willing to pay that much, maybe we should raise MSRP", and then we all get it shafted.

NC Spuds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Lexus RC 350, GMC Canyon Denali on order
Occupation
Seed potatoes
And meanwhile, my local Chevy dealer have a Colorado Zr2 already scheduled for production and available...... 🤔
Aww, c'mon now... Where's your brand loyalty? I've had a Ford (of one type or another) in my garage since 1982. I trust that they will deliver a quality product, made mostly in America. If there are issues, they will correct them.

One thing is for sure, Ford knows trucks! It's true that their North-American mid-sized truck market share is small, but they have made a lot of improvements to regain momentum.

drzmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I never own any GM products, im a Ford guy and current owner of a 2022 Bronco Badlands and 1966 mustang.

Im just not sure those big companies care about us anymore as much as we do, if i find a better value elsewere, i think i may go for it.

Im not saying ill 100% get the chevy but yeah im following the new Colorado/canyon and Tacomas closely thats for sure.

Sponsored

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
Maybe if we were talking the precious but non-profitable electrics they would be responsive. Dang I miss the old Ford that “the best never rest” Fords since 1981, off road and performance but they have lost their focus. It breaks my heart.

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
You are correct, but it proves people really want their product. In a perfect world, people would see the mark-up and walk away and Ford would lose sales. That's the only way Ford would step in. If this hurt their image enough their shareholders suffered, they'd do something about it, but it does not so they do not lift a finger, short of, "haha, ok guys, knock it off, please." And things have changed how much?

IMO, we don't need dealerships as a middle man. We should be able to purchase directly from the manufacturer. But lobbying has kept that archaic practice in place and here we are. Dealerships have their purpose but it does not need to be a middleman to get a car from the dealership to your possession, at least not in the form it is now.
Dealers have warranty service . Thats the main draw of dealer revnue. Its not really selling cars being the top thing these days. Its service. Without them where do you get your warranty service done? Ford has license a shop for warranty service.

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
Dealers have warranty service . Thats the main draw of dealer revnue. Its not really selling cars being the top thing these days. Its service. Without them where do you get your warranty service done? Ford has license a shop for warranty service.
Exactly. They have their purpose, warranty work and service being it. Car sales should be just a side gig with pricing set from the manufacturer.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Why would they like the idea? Once it is sold to the dealer, what the dealer makes in profit has nothing to do with Ford Corporate.
Holds the value for the vehicle. Keeps them from having to add incentives.