• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

FX4 Package now requires Running Boards

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus ST
I just received my build notification from Ford today, stating they will start the build Sept 25th. However, I also received a rando email from my dealership today with a new build sheet stating Ford is now requiring running boards if you have the FX4 package

• All Retail, Stock, and Fleet 24MY Ranger orders with the FX4 Off-Road Package option (Option Code 914) will now require running boards.
which of course adds another $700 to the build bringing it to $52,875 I mean hell at this point I might as well just order the Raptor considering it's only 5k more.
Sponsored

APmech

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
A&P mechanic
I just received my build notification from Ford today, stating they will start the build Sept 25th. However, I also received a rando email from my dealership today with a new build sheet stating Ford is now requiring running boards if you have the FX4 package

• All Retail, Stock, and Fleet 24MY Ranger orders with the FX4 Off-Road Package option (Option Code 914) will now require running boards.
which of course adds another $700 to the build bringing it to $52,875 I mean hell at this point I might as well just order the Raptor considering it's only 5k more.
Add the 2.7L option and it becomes even more ridiculous.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford logic: we've created an FX4 trim to help you enjoy offroading. Also we are adding two gigantic attachments that decrease your ground clearence by 3-4 inches and are very likely to get ripped off if you do anything more difficult than a manicured dirt road.

HighDesertRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Occupation
Sales Manager
Interesting. The configurator on Ford's website doesn't require that yet. At least not on the XLT trim.

Sponsored

Reddead

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Seltos / Deciding between Maverick or Ranger
My dealer just confirmed it as well. Running boards added hopefully I get scheduled next week now.

Has anyone with an FX4 been scheduled yet?

OP
OP
Nate

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus ST
My dealer just confirmed it as well. Running boards added hopefully I get scheduled next week now.

Has anyone with an FX4 been scheduled yet?
I'm scheduled for September 25th

Hmc610

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Taurus edge
From what I have read, if you all ready have the truck ordered Ford is giving you the running boards at no extra cost.

Jacfield

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler
Occupation
Developer
From what I have read, if you all ready have the truck ordered Ford is giving you the running boards at no extra cost.
Where did you read that?

Sponsored

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher

Hope thats true, dealer hasn't contacted me yet, maybe Canada different from US...don't know.

OP
OP
Nate

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus ST
That’s definitely not my experience or my dealer is trying to screw me over…

ROBOT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4 Lariat
I’ve called my dealer and Ford directly and they both laughed at me and said nothing is showing running boards need to be added. They both checked order notes and said lariat fx4 is just constrained so I’m not sure what to believe. Does anyone have proof of this? Email screenshot or dealer report?
I’d prefer not to have running boards.

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
If true, Ford just continues to push perspective buyers away. I am not sure what I will get yet, but the running boards would take the FX4 option off of the table for me. Marketing geniuses they are not. Hopefully this is not a reality but it would not surprise me if it is at this point. Hmmmm wonder why the non-Raptor orders aren’t doing so great? Just amazing.

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
The question should be is Ford trying to steer everyone to the cash cow F150.
Sponsored