• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL STX FX4 Magnetic Super Cab

OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCab XL - STX - FX4 - Magnetic
Flipping The Spare Tire

I flipped the spare tire today so I could easily access the air valve. From the factory the spare is mounted upside down.

Flipping it doesn't affect ground clearances... I measure before and after, see photo's below. I took lots of photo's so the members here could see how all the parts fit together and how the lifting / lowering mechanism works. I have a 2 post lift in our barn... hopefully you folks will find this helpful.

IMO Ford did a good job designing the lifting chain and it's related mechanism. They even included a funnel shaped deal to help ensure the crank rod finds the hoist hole..

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 001.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 002.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 003.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 004.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 005.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 006.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 007.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 008.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 009.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 010.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 011.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 012.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 013.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 014.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 015.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 016.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 017.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 018.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 019.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 020.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 021.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 022.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 023.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab Tire Pressure Sticker Rotated

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab Data Stamped On Spare Wheel.JPG

Last edited:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Thanks for the info, I’ll be doing the same soon!

OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
License Plate Brackets, Hitch Cover and USB Cable

License plate Brackets

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CX7TXG3/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Clear cover for front and just a black plastic surround for the rear.​

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab Plate Front.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab Hitch Cover A.JPG

This is a soft rubber cover that has a lanyard to hold it to the hitch​
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab Hitch Cover 002A.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab Hitch Cover A.JPG

I got tired of my music thumb drive sticking out into the storage area... so this cable moved it out of the way. The other advantage: You're plugging devices into the cable, not the port in the truck. So when the cable wears out from plugging / unplugging devices into it, you just replace it the cable. Easy Peazy.​

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab USB 001.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab USB 002.JPG

Last edited:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 MINI Cooper S Modified
Occupation
Big Toy Designer
October 10, 2019: License Plate Brackets, Hitch Cover and USB Cable

I got tired of my music thumb drive sticking out into the storage area... so this cable moved it out of the way. The other advantage: You're plugging devices into the cable, not the port in the truck. So when the cable wears out from plugging / unplugging devices into it, you just replace it the cable. Easy Peazy.​

USB 001.JPG
USB 002.JPG
Wait, you have one USB Sync port?! I have two there...what going on?

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
I think the XL only gets one.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait, you have one USB Sync port?! I have two there...what going on?
Yep... it's an XL thing, like Anthony said. But they're in the way, be it one, or two ;-).

Last edited:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Thanks for the hitch cover link, I’d like to get something like that. Does your tailgate hit your rear license plate frame?

OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does your tailgate hit your rear license plate frame?
Of course it did. :like: You've obviously been down this path before :clap: Thanks for the heads up.

I sanded off the edges of the frame at the top to gain clearance.

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab Plate Rear Trimmed.JPG

Last edited:

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
I had to point out the license plate bracket issue to my dealer, and had them take them off my truck.

Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab

USB 001.JPG
USB 002.JPG
I just got one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MDXBT87/

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Of course it did. :like: You've obviously been down this path before :clap: Thanks for the heads up.

I sanded off the edges of the frame at the top to gain clearance.

Plate Rear Trimmed.JPG
No problem! I noticed mine hit the dealer frame when I brought it home, in the quiet garage you could actually hear the gate rub against it while opening.

OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CAD Model Of The 6 Ft Bed

Started to create a CAD Solid Model of the bed on my Supercab today.

I've got some projects I want to build, such as a wooden support structure to hold 4' x 8' sheets of lumber and thought having a CAD model would make it easier for me to design the structure.

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 2019 Ranger Bed.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 2019 Ranger Bed Board Caddy.JPG

Last edited: