• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL STX FX4 Magnetic Super Cab

Lmood

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Ford Logo'd Otter Box Cooler

When we bought our Ranger in mid September 2019 they had a special going where you got a free cooler. It arrived today. It's an "Otter Box", Model Ventur 45.

Wow.. really nice quality and made in the USA. And the "Ford" branding is pretty cool too.

DSCF3066.JPG

DSCF3065.JPG
Man thats nice. Hate that Ford didn't do anything like this when I bought mine.
Sponsored

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
No worries! Thanks for your input. I'll change my data above.

And interestingly enough the Mobil 1 site shows that the Mobil 1 Annual Protection Ultimate Full Synthetic SAE 5W-30 Motor Oil is superior to all their other oils for our turbocharged Ranger motors.

https://mobiloil.com/en/product-comparison?p1={750237b0-a15c-4fd5-bdaa-24d61c3519e7}&p2={6f399141-eac1-4ba1-940a-f409f3e10238}&p3={91d544a1-74d6-4033-9266-5e863373453e}&p4={13d37eac-ed45-4e21-ba36-944912a51197}

Mobil 1 Comparisons.jpg
I was originally planning to switch to the Ford full syn. Did you fid the noack number for that in your research?

OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCab XL - STX - FX4 - Magnetic

Craig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
CSA
WeatherTech Floor Liner Installation

I installed a set of WeatherTech Floor liners today. What a great product.

Here's a comparison from member Northlight comparing the WeatherTech's and Ford's optional liners. The Ford liners are just a piss poor design. There isn't even any tray under the gas pedal, so all the "gunk" on your foot ends up going on the floor, not into the liner? And there "safety warnings" molded into the drivers side mat is lame too.

John

Floor Liners.JPG
Ford vs WeatherTech comparison by Northlight on Ranger5G.jpeg
Ford vs WeatherTech comparison by Northlight on Ranger5G Ford Warning.jpeg
love weather Tech ave tan seats like tan floor mats, they don't make them in that color for the Ranger

Sponsored
OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
love weather Tech ave tan seats like tan floor mats, they don't make them in that color for the Ranger
Agreed... I'd have preferred tan myself. The black shows dirt like crazy.

OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Door Sill Scuff Plates, continued from Post 42

Modified the sill plates by using an air die grinder and cut off wheel to remove the rear mounting tabs.

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 001.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 002.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 003.JPG

Next step was using a palm sander and 80 grit.

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 004.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 005.JPG

When I test fit the sill plates they were a bit to wide and hung out over the edge of the sill. I used the angle grinder and 60 grit flap disc to remove the top lip and sanded it down flush with the top rib.

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 006.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 007.JPG

And here they are mocked up, ready for tape.. or silicone.. or ????.

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 008.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 009.JPG

The tape I bought to mount these isn't going to work. It doesn't stick to the plastic sill plates. Here's what I tried to use. Anybody have any suggestions on what type of tape would work best in this application? How about clear silicone?

Link to Installation Using Silicone

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 010.JPG

Last edited:

Lmood

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Did you try cleaning the trim with some isopropyl alcohol? It's possible you released some oils in the plastic when you were sanding. I've never not known that stuff to not stick to something.

OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you try cleaning the trim with some isopropyl alcohol? It's possible you released some oils in the plastic when you were sanding. I've never not known that stuff to not stick to something.
I did use some Acetone after sanding the surfaces... but no, I didn't use any isopropyl alcohol.

Lmood

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I did use some Acetone after sanding the surfaces.
Hmmm. 3m makes an adhesion promoter, but you may have to go to an auto body supply shop to get it. They could probably also recommend a different 3m tape.

Sponsored

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1931 Ford - 2017 Tacoma-19 Ranger 4x2 lariat
Occupation
retired mechanic
I think that tape likes a smooth surface. Small dabs of clear silicone should work. Nice job!

OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Door Sill Scuff Plates, continued from Post 52

Ended up using some GE 100% clear silicone to attach the scuff plates to the door sill plates. Used blue painters tape to hold them in place... and some duct tap on the end just to make sure they didn't lift up while curing.

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 000.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 003

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 001.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 002.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 004.JPG

OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Drawing of the Door Sill Scuff Plates...

Just in case anybody want's to modify some of these for other applications.... here's a couple drawings and a pdf.

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab Ranger Sill Plate Rev 1 Sheet 1 of 2
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab Ranger Sill Plate Rev 1 Sheet 2 of 2

Attachments

OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When your truck says it is out of fuel.... how much fuel is really left?

(Somebody asked this ^^^ question in another thread. I answered it there, and thought I'd post it up here for future reference)

When we picked up our brand spanking shiny new 2019 Ranger SuperCab at the dealership the "Miles To E " display showed "0 " miles of fuel remaining, and the out of fuel chime was ringing.

We drove about 3 blocks and filled up the tank with 91 Octane Top Tier gasoline.

It took 18.524 gallons before it shut off the pump. Fuel capacity per page 319 of the owners manual is 18.8 gallons.

18.8 - 18.524 = 0.276 gallons remaining.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pickup Box Bed Tie Down Hooks and Bolts

Continued from: Where are my missing bed tie down hooks

Got a call from my local Ford Dealer today. The back ordered Bed Hooks and Bolts were ready for pickup.

They wrote it up as a Service Warranty Claim so there was no charge.

Here are the part numbers in case you need them:

Tie Down Hook - Ford (KB3Z-21550A74-A) $6.49 ea, Quan. (2) = $12.98
Tie Down Hook Bolt - Ford (-W505594-S450B) $3.90 ea, Quan. (4) = $15.60
__________________________________________________Total = $ 28.58

I need to buy a tap to chase the threads in the truck since the truck has the ford factory sprayed Toughbed liner in it.

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 003.JPG

Last edited: