• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

If you got a build email, what was your Priority Code

If you got a build email, what was your Priority Code

• Total voters

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I ordered on May 26. My salesman got a confirmation immediately.

For some strange reason, I just now got an order email. Almost a week afterwards.
Sponsored

Slappybabs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
My order is a “stock” order. My dealer told me they don’t do or do not want to do retail raptor orders anymore according to Ford.

Slappybabs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
Many were ordered as stock units so they'd actually be built this cycle. The dealer is earmarking (in house) the 1 they get to them. The ones putting in retail orders are only putting in orders that will be fulfilled way down the line. Anyone with a retail order should get an email. Those who are buying the first stock unit, or only Raptor the dealervis getting this cycle, will not get an email since it's dealer stock.
same exact thing my dealership manager told me 2 minutes ago on the phone. Sounds like if you’re getting emails you’re not going to see it for a while. The first “stock” order is the one that matters.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Code 20

Keep in mind code 20+ it's going to be a priority order queue for any rangers the dealer puts in for stock orders. So for example some of you reporting code 80 which means between now and when production starts if they put additional stock orders in for rangers 20 to 79 those are going to be built first if they're ready for production. The priority system is now for my understanding based on a model not a trim so there is no separate production queue for Raptor and an XLT for example.

Code 20 tells Ford the dealership wants priority on this unit which translates to if two rangers are ready to be built the one with the lowest code is going to go first. The Raptor trim does not have any special flags which put it ahead of any other trim in the order system, it appears a ranger is a ranger.

Last edited:

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
same exact thing my dealership manager told me 2 minutes ago on the phone. Sounds like if you’re getting emails you’re not going to see it for a while. The first “stock” order is the one that matters.
I believe if dealerships don't get a grasp on how the order system works or more specifically how the Raptor needs to be ordered we are going to see one hell of this shitstorm with some customers when it turns out their order got stuck in limbo.

Although the dealerships one allocation won't somehow accidentally be sold off somewhere else what I think will happen is the retail order will sit as I said in limbo until it's corrected but at that point that Raptor is going to have to hop in line at that point in time which means those who have correct orders in are going to be seeing their trucks first.

Sponsored

Zaman

First Name
Gibran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ranger Raptor, 19' Model Y LR
If your order is Retail, then theoretically it would just be picked up when the dealer receives retail allocations right? So those folks would only be waiting until Q4 or whenever it is until their build is pulled. I suppose worst case is the next round is stock orders again and retail orders don't appear for awhile.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor & 21 Bronco FE 4-Dr
If your order is Retail, then theoretically it would just be picked up when the dealer receives retail allocations right? So those folks would only be waiting until Q4 or whenever it is until their build is pulled. I suppose worst case is the next round is stock orders again and retail orders don't appear for awhile.
Yes, they'll be wtg quite a while.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Correct but with production being delayed till September 1st and barring any more delays the first allocation of 3,000 units are only being allowed to be built under stock orders.

So theoretically what could happen is someone who is under the impression that they are part of this first allocation will have their order sitting there doing nothing until someone at Ford notices or someone at the dealership notices and somebody makes some sort of contact with each other to say hey your allocations for your stock order is still floating here but we see you have retail orders what's the deal?

In the end the customer who was expecting the truck to arrive within the same similar time frame as everybody else who ordered in the first allocation get shafted and their order delayed.

And an absolute worst case scenario nobody notices anything and the retail order sits there and sits there and sits there until retail orders are open and then it's processed. Meanwhile that dealerships one allocation for the first batch just sat there and did nothing and was not utilized.

Of course none of this applies if somebody purposely wanted to wait a couple batches for an actual retail order but what I suspect is going to happen in some cases his customers were under the impression they were part of the first batch but something went wrong.

Zaman

First Name
Gibran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ranger Raptor, 19' Model Y LR
Correct but with production being delayed till September 1st and barring any more delays the first allocation of 3,000 units are only being allowed to be built under stock orders.

So theoretically what could happen is someone who is under the impression that they are part of this first allocation will have their order sitting there doing nothing until someone at Ford notices or someone at the dealership notices and somebody makes some sort of contact with each other to say hey your allocations for your stock order is still floating here but we see you have retail orders what's the deal?

In the end the customer who was expecting the truck to arrive within the same similar time frame as everybody else who ordered in the first allocation get shafted and their order delayed.

And an absolute worst case scenario nobody notices anything and the retail order sits there and sits there and sits there until retail orders are open and then it's processed. Meanwhile that dealerships one allocation for the first batch just sat there and did nothing and was not utilized.

Of course none of this applies if somebody purposely wanted to wait a couple batches for an actual retail order but what I suspect is going to happen in some cases his customers were under the impression they were part of the first batch but something went wrong.
Yeah you're not wrong, and factor in the majority of folks that ordered probably have no idea this forum exists and probably never saw the lengthy discussions about stock vs retail orders, they're in for a hell of a surprise when they realize their truck never got built. You'd hope the bulletin telling dealers to switch over the orders would cover most of this but judging by how this rollout has gone so far.. lol. Your last sentence actually applies to me. My order is retail, I'll be patiently waiting and envying all of you getting yours earlier. Just closed on a house this week, probably serves me well to save up a bit more anyway lol

Monty

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Cyber Security
Lariat with special order options ordered 5/27/2023 from dealership is listed as Priority 10. The resulting email received 6/6/2023 is below. The Order ID: D111 on the later, was also on the initial order document from the dealership- (the document/receipt you get when you pay the $500)
Ford Ranger If you got a build email, what was your Priority Code from Ford confirm order

further on down in the email from ford, it says:

You will receive an update on your order within 45 days. We’ll let you know once we have the necessary parts and your vehicle has been placed on the production schedule.

Please note: High demand combined with global supply‑chain constraints may impact vehicle model year, trim and feature availability. Please know we’re working hard to deliver your chosen vehicle and features as quickly as we can.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Lariat with special order options ordered 5/27/2023 from dealership is listed as Priority 10. The resulting email received 6/6/2023 is below. The Order ID: D111 on the later, was also on the initial order document from the dealership- (the document/receipt you get when you pay the $500)
from Ford confirm order.gif

further on down in the email from ford, it says:

You will receive an update on your order within 45 days. We’ll let you know once we have the necessary parts and your vehicle has been placed on the production schedule.

Please note: High demand combined with global supply‑chain constraints may impact vehicle model year, trim and feature availability. Please know we’re working hard to deliver your chosen vehicle and features as quickly as we can.

Congrats! But they made you put a deposit?

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Congrats! But they made you put a deposit?
I had to put down a $500 deposit too. It's refundable until the build starts. I prefer to have the deposit because then it's harder for them to screw you out of it. I was first in line with another dealer that had no deposit and they came back to me a week later and said they wouldn't''t sell out of state even though they already said they would.

Dipstick

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lincoln Nautilus, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I offered to put a deposit down but my dealer does not require it until they get a vin#.

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
The dealership I went through asked for a deposit but I know the salesman I'm working with. He told me to write a check instead of cash or credit card because they would just hold on to the check and rip it up when the Raptor arrived. It was more for piece of mind to the dealer that people are serious about buying.

RangerRaptorHopeful

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Occupation
Auto Sales
My priority code is 20. My dealer told me since it was a stock order that I would not get emails from Ford but that he would send me updates as they get them.

I was the only one who inquired about the Raptor but several others put in orders for other trims.
I was told this same thing from my dealer. He told me no expected updates until November with Priority 20.
Sponsored