• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Just One Simple Question

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4Runner, 2019 CR-V, 2017 Civic, 2006 Explorer
How is it that the rest of the world has the next gen Ranger, and the Raptor, and yet Ford won't make a basic reveal to the U.S. market. Not even a "future" vehicle on the Ford website. This has to be the most asinine thing I've come across in some time. What is the deal...?
Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
So you missed Farley saying both the Ranger and Ranger Raptor were coming to the US market this year? Did you see the stories about the Raptor racing the Baja 1000 this year in basically stock form? Then the stories about them touring it around the country to select dealers after winning the race?

have you seen the horror stories about all the massive response to orders for new Broncos and long wait times because they can't build enough of them fast enough to fill all the orders? Are you aware they are still closing out building the current 5G Ranger at the same plant as new Bronco, then have to shut down to retool and change the line to build the new Ranger on the same platform as the current Bronco? How about all the recalls on recent launches like Bronco and Maverick costing millions of $ because of quality problems (mostly).

When I add all that up, I'm left with the strong impression they don't want to keep screwing up the same way and announce it before they are actually ready to start building them correctly and filling most the orders with less long wait times. I'm guessing they will get a huge amount of orders immediately like 100K and can't afford to be unprepared and screw this up.

Besides, if they would have pulled a Santa Cruz or Cybertruck reveal 5 years before it was production ready- people would be complaining about how long THAT is taking too! Ford can't win for losing on this stuff it seems.

Last edited:

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Because the Ranger, for a long time now, has been a global vehicle first. Your love of F trucks in the US means that the Ranger plays second fiddle. This is why the new gen and the previous gen were designed in Australia. Ford is a global company.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Yes the standard Ranger takes a back seat to the more profitable Bronco. The Bronco's popularity and demand is not helpful for the Ranger in the MAP.

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
The Ranger announcement was pushed back to May 26 and production to August 7 or something like that...

I chalk it up to this; Ford doesn't need the Ranger to be a success. They are kicking the can down the road until the electric trucks are what they need to sell us on. There's a Bronco problem in Wayne Michigan and a popular midsize truck will do nothing but exacerbate that problem. It seems to me like the reason why the Ranger is a good proposition for Ford is it gives them something to run down the line when Bronco parts run out.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
They'll still F it up in about half of the ways you mention as possibilities. May as well get on with it.
okay thanks for that. Totally ignore the legitimate hurdles to continue your senseless rant. Good job :thumbsup:

Question I have is why you're even wasting a minute of your life considering Rangers in the 1st place when you are convinced Ford is supposedly so incompetent they won't be able to successfully launch the 6G at all?

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
The Ranger announcement was pushed back to May 26 and production to August 7 or something like that...

I chalk it up to this; Ford doesn't need the Ranger to be a success. They are kicking the can down the road until the electric trucks are what they need to sell us on. There's a Bronco problem in Wayne Michigan and a popular midsize truck will do nothing but exacerbate that problem. It seems to me like the reason why the Ranger is a good proposition for Ford is it gives them something to run down the line when Bronco parts run out.
But the 5G Ranger has already been built at MAP since 2019 model year capably up to 100k units annually before the new Bronco was introduced, and alongside the Bronco ever since. Doing so sharing 1 single assembly line too. Ford recognizes the massive market opportunities in the midsized category and wants as big a share of that as possible. Broncos have the spotlight now, but historically is in and out of fashion over the decades and nowhere near the potential of a well designed and popular Ranger for long term sales success.

Ford can always add a 2nd assembly line if 6G Ranger is a big hit, it's not a 1 or the other proposition here. We used to call this a Cadillac problem :clap:

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
2nd assembly line? More likely they would add a 3rd shift if they could get parts. That seems to be the real issue here. The supply chain is still screwed up.

On a related subject I sent a message to Roush a few weeks ago asking what they might be planning for the 6G Ranger. I was curious if that might be an alternative to the potential of waiting another year for the Ranger Raptor. Their response was that their last Roush Ranger was for the 2022 model year and that they do not currently have any plans for a future Roush Ranger. They sited supply chain issues as the major reason for that decision.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
From here on out and whether we like it or not, supply chain issues will be a thorn in everyone's side.

I don't see the Bronco capitalizing the assembly line and taking away from the 6G's production.

The only reason is seems like it is that way now, is because Ford is pumping out as many early reservation holders Broncos as they can with the parts they have while the 5G winds down. They've scheduled Broncos out to June so far, and new Bronco orders have restrictions on them until M.Y '24 production starts up and are part of the plan to get 6G Ranger production up to speed by then.

I'm a bit annoyed with the delayed release of info & pricing, since my Bronco is scheduled to arrive at the Dealer as early as next week, but I'll just have to bite the bullet and buy it if the RRaptor's pricing and such is delayed too much longer. If the RRaptor's pricing is withing the range I'm willing to pay, I'll either sell the Bronco or trade it.