• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Loaded XLT vs Lariat differences

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Speaking of which…

For those of you who have taken delivery of an XLT, how does the remote-start from the key fob actually work? On Lariat, you can start it remotely, but I assume you still have to press the start button once you get in the truck, which is how it works in my Bronco.

So on XLT, do you have to put the key in the ignition if you’ve started it remotely? Do you have to turn it?
Yup, just got mine today, had 2019 Lariat before that, same thing on the remote, lock + start 2x,s then just stick the key in and go when you get in, and yes on Lariat you had to hit the start button after you get in. I will miss that no key thing, but this truck was a dealer order and checked most boxes of the lariat except leather and start, I,ll live with it.
Sponsored

Moto26

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '17 F150
Yup, just got mine today, had 2019 Lariat before that, same thing on the remote, lock + start 2x,s then just stick the key in and go when you get in, and yes on Lariat you had to hit the start button after you get in. I will miss that no key thing, but this truck was a dealer order and checked most boxes of the lariat except leather and start, I,ll live with it.
Thanks. So the remote start is good for warming up the truck when it’s cold (or cooling it down when it’s hot), so there’s definitely a benefit there. My F150 doesn’t have that, so I have to go out there and physically start it up. Still dumb in this day and age to have to carry a metal key around that you have to fish out of your pocket every time you climb in, but look at the bright side: You’re much less likely to have someone intercept your key fob signal with one of those wireless cloning devices and just drive away in your truck whenever they please! Plus, if you lose a key fob, it won’t cost as much of a fortune to replace…

Nice truck, BTW!

richman555

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Occupation
Software Engineer
I agonized with the same delima, ultimately I went with the Lariat primarily because of the push button start. The pricing was pretty similar to the fully load XLT vs. Lariat, but I really enjoy the convinience of not having the manual key.

I do like the XLT wheels better though.
The XLT definitely has the better wheels between the two. If Ford put a push button start and the upgraded headlights (and the 2.7 turbo), the XLT would be pretty close to perfect. At least from where I'm sitting.
I agree with you. I hate that the push button start is not available on XLT but I guess I can live without it. Its really silly as you can get the high package with a 12 inch screen with all the technology included.

The last thing I am contemplating before pulling the trigger is the 2.3 vs 2.7 liter engine. On one hand its nice having better MPGs. On the other hand, the 2.7 is a really good engine and may last longer. Should I hold out and wait? :)

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
The last thing I am contemplating before pulling the trigger is the 2.3 vs 2.7 liter engine. On one hand its nice having better MPGs. On the other hand, the 2.7 is a really good engine and may last longer. Should I hold out and wait? :)
I also considered waiting for the 2.7 but it will be available so late that a 2025 may be a consideration. And may have more options to choose from

Sponsored

engus13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator

Fast Lane Truck YouTube channel is in the middle of a mid-size truck comparison and the 2.3 Ranger won the drag race competition, even against the 2.7L Colorado, which will have similar specs to Fords 2.7L. The offroad competition has not been released yet to my knowledge, but I eagerly await that. They have released to towing video. The 2.3L holds its own.

I'm coming from a 2020 Gladiator, so I'll be looking forward to the increased milage.

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
Another thing the Lariat has but not on XLT is the Matrix headlights. They electronically move left, right up and down.
Sponsored