• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Looking for recommendations on air compressor

entersandmann

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 1996 Mystic Cobra
Occupation
Controls Engineer
  • Banned
My Ranger Raptor is likely months away from actually getting here, but I would like to add an air compressor to it basically as soon as I get. I am hopeful I can shove it under the bed side and have it supply an air chuck were the 400w outlet will be. I want it to be operated by the aux switches as well. Will this be possible?
Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
The Raptor already has wiring under the bed suitable for an air compressor wired to an aux switch. It’s literally labeled air compressor.

In AUS they offer an official ARB compressor through Ford that mounts behind the bedside through the parts catalog. I don’t know if this is coming to the US. But clearly it’s possible.

Since no parts manufacturers have these in hand yet, we’re still months away from starting to see vehicle specific parts. So if you have a bit of patience, I’m sure you’ll see things start coming out this winter

SurfRanger

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Occupation
Product Design Engineer
The Raptor already has wiring under the bed suitable for an air compressor wired to an aux switch. It’s literally labeled air compressor.

In AUS they offer an official ARB compressor through Ford that mounts behind the bedside through the parts catalog. I don’t know if this is coming to the US. But clearly it’s possible.

Since no parts manufacturers have these in hand yet, we’re still months away from starting to see vehicle specific parts. So if you have a bit of patience, I’m sure you’ll see things start coming out this winter
Ive been planning on using this method if its available in the US. Seems like a great spot and having the chuck right there in the bed like oem.

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
I want this and I don't even need it lol.
Sponsored