• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Looking like 10k over MSRP is going to be the standard for the Ranger Raptor at (most) dealerships

OP
OP
Zaman

Zaman

First Name
Gibran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ranger Raptor, 19' Model Y LR
I have an allocation spoken for as of right now at a semi-local dealership. 10k ADM (absurdly, I had to talk them down from 30), and I'd be able to select my color/options. I've tried small towns and such, no dice. Most folks are telling me they are "auctioning" the 1 allocation they have to the highest bidder, and that they aren't doing customer orders, and instead will be choosing the specs on their own.

We'll see how tomorrow shakes out, have a few phone calls I'm expecting but it's likely either pay the 10k and be happy I got an allocation or try to salvage my integrity and not allow myself to pay over sticker (and not get the truck for another year or more)
Sponsored

Labradorguy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Fun. I have a 1st edition I'll likely get rid of. The quality has been subpar, being nice about it. Have wanted a ranger raptor since first teased 8 or so yrs ago.

Hope u get one and enjoy it and I hope ditching my first edition for it turns out to be a genius.
I am #1 on my dealers list and they will be placing an order for me tomorrow. I will say, I’m not thrilled about the color choices….

I made $35,000-$40,000 on my 1st Edition. Sold it 9 days after I got it. That launch and the roof issues were a fiasco.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
I am #1 on my dealers list and they will be placing an order for me tomorrow. I will say, I’m not thrilled about the color choices….

I made $35,000-$40,000 on my 1st Edition. Sold it 9 days after I got it. That launch and the roof issues were a fiasco.
Just be sure they give you a copy and assure you it's yours. There are no retail orders until q4. This will be a stock unit they are selling you.

OP
OP
Zaman

Zaman

First Name
Gibran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had an allocation spoken for in writing and I’d paid a $1000 deposit. Just cancelled it. I can’t stomach the ADM. it’s been driving me up the wall and I’ve gone back and forth about it so many times but I just can’t do it, doesn’t make sense. Total was coming out to around $76,000.. absolutely ridiculous for a ranger (raptor or not).

absolutely gutted. I know this means I won’t be getting one any time soon (or maybe even ever?) and after waiting so long.. bleh. Is what it is I suppose

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
My experience echos most of this, dealer (small town) only getting one, and other offering what GM called a "crazy" bid - not sure how crazy but will find out tomorrow. Would pay cash, money not a real concern, but on principal it would be hard to go over $5K above MSRP. Not sure if they know even what adds on or even color at this point. If they got black that would seal it as I've had black and won't go back. It is also hard to say if once people have the few that will be available how much over what they paid will becoming the going price. If the front end wasn't so ugly on the non-Raptors I might think of a 2.7. Or who knows one can buy a 3.0 and have it put in probably for the price over what I'll get for my near perfect low miles /19 Lariat.

Sponsored

RaptorFP

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sonata N Line
Make sure to reach out to smaller dealers in the area, like ones in the middle of nowhere. And never agree to pay a cent of ADM. All that money is going straight to the dealer owners pocket. You might as well burn that cash or give it to him as a gift for no reason lol.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had an allocation spoken for in writing and I’d paid a $1000 deposit. Just cancelled it. I can’t stomach the ADM. it’s been driving me up the wall and I’ve gone back and forth about it so many times but I just can’t do it, doesn’t make sense. Total was coming out to around $76,000.. absolutely ridiculous for a ranger (raptor or not).

absolutely gutted. I know this means I won’t be getting one any time soon (or maybe even ever?) and after waiting so long.. bleh. Is what it is I suppose
$20k mark up? Msrp is under $60k

OP
OP
Zaman

Zaman

First Name
Gibran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20k mark up?
Sorry that’s including taxes and fees.

So about $58,000 for my build (wheels + Bedliner), $10,000 adm, and then CA taxes and fees.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry that’s including taxes and fees.

So about $58,000 for my build (wheels + Bedliner), $10,000 adm, and then CA taxes and fees.
Ouch ca has high taxes and fees

DarkSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LMR C6 Corvette - Reaper
I'm early on the list at a few dealers (or so I think, lol). Some of them charge insane ADM's, while others sell most of their cars at MSRP- so far all have told me expect to be paying $10,000 if I can even get an allocation tomorrow. I'm very bummed to say the least, I'd been waiting for the RR to hit the US since It's release ROW and had been working the phones since around Feb. Curious how other folks are fairing?

Not even sure what to do at this point- I suppose I'll continue working the phones!
Seems to depend. In my area, dealers have two lists. People who want to pay more and people who want to pay MSRP. The dealers in my area seem to be offering MSRP orders, but are prioritizing people willing to pay over. Top spot at two dealers I've talked with had voluntary $10k/$20k over msrp offers from the consumer.

That said, I put together a build on Ford's website this morning and just started shooting down the list. I'll see what bites. I'll get one eventually, have no desire to be first.

Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A fool and their money are soon parted.
Not foolish if they voluntarily choose to pay that. If they want it that bad and it's worth it to them to have an early one, it's not foolish. It's a choice.

You're not a fool for deciding to wait because that's your choice you feel comfortable with.

OP
OP
Zaman

Zaman

First Name
Gibran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m full on wait mode now. I’ve let multiple dealerships know I’m in for MSRP only, and I’m a serious buyer If they choose to sell it at that price. If it happens it happens, if not, all good

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m full on wait mode now. I’ve let multiple dealerships know I’m in for MSRP only, and I’m a serious buyer If they choose to sell it at that price. If it happens it happens, if not, all good
They'll make more after this first round.

BadBoyBillyRaptorRanger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
It’s a Ranger it’s not worth a 10k mark up! I was told I had a Raptor at MSRP, when I went in to place the order I was told 10k markup. You can keep it I refuse to pay 70k for a Ranger!
Sponsored