• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
I noticed there is no rear step in the bed of this truck. My understanding is all Rangers except the Raptor will have the step. Holding out hope they just put a 6G Ranger together out of prototype parts to check for things like drivability, road noise or some other metrics where final production parts didn't matter.
Sponsored

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT || 2023 Escape PHEV
I noticed there is no rear step in the bed of this truck. My understanding is all Rangers except the Raptor will have the step. Holding out hope they just put a 6G Ranger together out of prototype parts to check for things like drivability, road noise or some other metrics where final production parts didn't matter.
I think it is there but hard to see from the picture angle. You can see it better here where there are shots from multiple angles:

https://www.motor1.com/news/631984/2024-ford-ranger-north-america-spied-uncovered/

OP
OP
19rngr

19rngr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
On the flip side, the new Mustang 7G Order Banks are rumored to open Monday 1/23
Ford Ranger North American 2024 Ford Ranger Spotted Without Camouflage IMG_1794.JPEG

Sponsored

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
Didn’t think of that, but it would be cool to see the NA variant unveiled during the Super Bowl. That or perhaps the next big auto show? Chicago media days are coming up on Feb 9th and 10th.
Checked the auto show website and no Ranger is listed. Doesn’t mean it can’t happen

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wow, somehow i missed this image the first time i clicked the link, but what is going on with the angle of the bed after the wheel?

i guess that might help the departure angle off road, but the height difference on each end of the bed just does not look aesthetically pleasing at all. do any other trucks currently look like this?

the next image looks even worse. it looks like it's trying to lift its ass off the ground.

https://fordauthority.com/wp-conten...Shots-Camo-Free-January-2023-Exterior-010.jpg

i thought i disliked the front but this is much worse than that now that i've noticed it.

Last edited:

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
That's risky IMO...I didn't care for the C-clamp when it first came out...so the more it spreads to the family, the worse for me...wait till it ends up on the Mustang...
Same here, and I still don't like it! Almost stopped me from buying my Maverick, and why I chose color I did trying to make it not so overwhelming. The good thing is I don't have to look at it while I'm driving it 😅 Sometimes you have to make compromises to get most of what is most important.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
i thought there was a specific mention that the Raptor grille in the new-gen wouldn't fit the non-raptors, because they don't want people replacing it like so many did with the 5g.

can't remember where i heard it, but it was someone on this forum or a video posted here.
Correct, the grill is a different shape on the Raptor.

Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 lightning blue w/302A
Occupation
Retired
wow, somehow i missed this image the first time i clicked the link, but what is going on with the angle of the bed after the wheel?

i guess that might help the departure angle off road, but the height difference on each end of the bed just does not look aesthetically pleasing at all. do any other trucks currently look like this?

the next image looks even worse. it looks like it's trying to lift its ass off the ground.

https://fordauthority.com/wp-conten...Shots-Camo-Free-January-2023-Exterior-010.jpg

i thought i disliked the front but this is much worse than that now that i've noticed it.
It would be less noticeable if the whole front end wasn't body color. Being white it looks too blau like a work truck. Every new picture I see I like less and less. Looks like my 5G sport trim will be around for awhile.

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
If that's what they look like, I'll stick with my current Ranger.

3231haven

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Next Gen Ranger Wildtrak -RA
Occupation
Retired Automotive Cad Monkey
I would suggest that the US version will get the seperate steel bumper like the 5G, reason is that the Bronco has a seperate steel bumper and you need to maintain the same assembly process in the plant between the two vehicles. The Plastic bumper version like what is shown in the image, has a different assembly process onto the end of the crash cans than steel bumper version.

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
The spy photos of the Raptor have a separate bumper too. Otherwise it would be very difficult to mount a winch or aftermarket bumper on a non-Raptor.

Ford Ranger North American 2024 Ford Ranger Spotted Without Camouflage 2024 Ford Ranger Raptor Eruption Green

3231haven

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Next Gen Ranger Wildtrak -RA
Occupation
Retired Automotive Cad Monkey
This is the ARB summit 2 bullbar here in OZ, which requires the plastic bumper to be cut and is winch capable.
Requires camera to be moved and Radar repositioned.
The Raptor has the same sort of bumper attachment like Bronco and US 5G Ranger.

Ford Ranger North American 2024 Ford Ranger Spotted Without Camouflage next gen
Sponsored