• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC, 1998 Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired
Trying to hold out hope that this color combo is driving how underwhelmed I am by this redesign. I drove the new Frontier and it was very nice. The new GM twins look amazing. Looking forward to driving one. Come on Ford…this thing is literally as vanilla as it gets.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
The article says this is a Lariat..... And it says it is obvious this is a NA unit due to the side marker lights which are only required here apparently.

Maybe I won't be getting a new Ranger after all...... I honestly like the looks of the 5G quite a bit better than this one.
Actually it says "it appears to be a Lariat". :wink:

Otherwise, this Ranger appears to be a Lariat-based model given its body-color door handles, the chrome portion present on the side badges in front of the doors, and the wheels, which appear to be the same exact ones that come standard on the 2023 Ranger Lariat.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
I would suggest that the US version will get the seperate steel bumper like the 5G, reason is that the Bronco has a seperate steel bumper and you need to maintain the same assembly process in the plant between the two vehicles. The Plastic bumper version like what is shown in the image, has a different assembly process onto the end of the crash cans than steel bumper version.
The spy photos of the Raptor have a separate bumper too. Otherwise it would be very difficult to mount a winch or aftermarket bumper on a non-Raptor.

2024 Ford Ranger Raptor Eruption Green.jpg
Good call on the assembly process. Here's a spy picture from TFL showing the Raptor with the same 2 piece bumper.

Ford Ranger North American 2024 Ford Ranger Spotted Without Camouflage 1674135196107

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
White can make some vehicles look decent and make others very bland.

In this Lariat's case, it's very bland and boring.
It needs something to break up it's monotony like different color wheel opening trim/flares and something on the front bumper cover/fascia. I'm sure the Aftermarket will eventually come to rescue it and ones like it, but I nearly fell asleep looking at the spy shots. 💤

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
an interesting mix of comments for and against the new styling :) I'm on record not really liking the styling of my Maverick, but bought it because it met a lot of other criteria I was after. I actually like the front end of the spy photos here, but that won't be a critical factor in my decision to buy. I'm not after a rugged looking "Raptor light" truck with more off-road capability than maybe FX-2 package. Don't want to kill MPG in the process. Top of my list is SCab + 6' bed combo. Without that I have no reason to consider any further. If I get that configuration, I'll move on to price and options, then compromises on lower priority items on my list. Not sure what availability will be like either- but that probably falls into the compromises category. YMMV

Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Good call on the assembly process. Here's a spy picture from TFL showing the Raptor with the same 2 piece bumper.

1674135196107.png
Where is the source of this spy shot from? Would love to see some more if any.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorta unrelated, but the images i embedded in my post seem to be removed, and a bunch of the front-page images got removed as well (now they are all the same stock ranger image). did we get DMCA'd by ford authority? :p

Xtreme Thunder

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
That's reducing my excitement for this product, even for a non-Raptor trim level.

I do find it strange Ford would show NA version completely uncovered prior to an official reveal. Not expecting huge differences between NA and ROW, but this particular example is lackluster.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 lightning blue w/302A
Occupation
Retired
sorta unrelated, but the images i embedded in my post seem to be removed, and a bunch of the front-page images got removed as well (now they are all the same stock ranger image). did we get DMCA'd by ford authority? :p
Yeah, what happened to the white trick??? Those are the pictures we all were commenting on.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
I was looking for the pictures of the one that showed the step in the side of the bumper. When you click the link this shows up now:

What happened?
The owner of this website (fordauthority.com) does not allow hotlinking to that resource (/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/2024-Ford-Ranger-American-Market-Model-Prototype-Spy-Shots-Camo-Free-January-2023-Exterior-010.jpg).

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
The article is 2 years old so they might have tried/changed a lot since then. But I'd doubt the Raptor (and possibly the rest) will have a solid front piece.
Your N/A Raptor is going to be practically identical to ours.

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Machinist

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
That's reducing my excitement for this product, even for a non-Raptor trim level.

I do find it strange Ford would show NA version completely uncovered prior to an official reveal. Not expecting huge differences between NA and ROW, but this particular example is lackluster.
They did same with the Maverick. Even worse actually. There were spy photos of test mules all over the internet for a good 6 months while Ford wouldn't even admit Maverick existed. Then full pre-production units were spotted in the open all across the country including filming commercial footage and other promotional shots uncovered. While they finally admitted it was real in late 2020, the reveal didn't happen until June 2021 on the internet only and Reservations opened shortly after.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
After looking at the picture of the white 6G Ranger I got to thinking, yes that's dangerous. Is it possible this white one will be the non Fx4 and the Fx4 Package will have the separate bumper and steel bash plate? I just can't see Ford having this front end on the Fx4 package.
Sponsored

Reactions: DHH