• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Question for those with a 6 gen already.

Pac987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Is the 6th gen driver seating position similar to the 5th gen model? I’m in Canada and we don’t have the 6th gen released yet but I’m very interested in it. So if I can test drive a 5th gen and get a good idea of the seating position, dynamics, etc it’ll give me a good idea of what to expect for the new model.
Sponsored

telenerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, Subaru Crosstrek
I’m curious too. I’m tall so wondering about head and leg room over old model.

jezzza

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor RA
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
It's a larger overall vehicle and does feel it but the seating position is very similar. I'm 6ft and only have the seat slid about half way back.

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
5g = T6 platform
6g = T6.2 platform

What does this mean? Well, the two platforms are very similar and the cabin is shared between the two - same doors, same roof, same windscreen etc.
So I'd say that if the size and shape of the 5g suits your needs then so too will the 6g.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
5g = T6 platform
6g = T6.2 platform

What does this mean? Well, the two platforms are very similar and the cabin is shared between the two - same doors, same roof, same windscreen etc.
So I'd say that if the size and shape of the 5g suits your needs then so too will the 6g.
Isn't the cabin interior completely redesigned and updated resulting in a little more useful room for passengers? Seems to be what I have read a few places.

Sponsored

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Isn't the cabin interior completely redesigned and updated resulting in a little more useful room for passengers? Seems to be what I have read a few places.
Yes, the interior fit-out is completely different but the shared cabin structure with the 5g will determine the basic size and shape and hence seat spacing and relationship to pedals and steering wheel. Given this, I think it is a pretty safe bet that if the driving position of the 5g suits you then the 6g will as well.

The 6g cabin feels (is) more spacious due to the upright nature of the dash design.

OP
OP

Pac987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Yes, the interior fit-out is completely different but the shared cabin structure with the 5g will determine the basic size and shape and hence seat spacing and relationship to pedals and steering wheel. Given this, I think it is a pretty safe bet that if the driving position of the 5g suits you then the 6g will as well.

The 6g cabin feels (is) more spacious due to the upright nature of the dash design.
Does the new model drive fairly similarly to the 5th gen? I’m sure it’s different, but I’m sure it’s not vastly different that they feel like a completely different truck.

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I'm only a single data point so you really need to consult the various reviews around about the place (look for Australian reviews on YouTube as they have been out in Aus for more than 6 months now and have been reviewed by every man, woman and dog - some channels to look for are CarExpert, Drive.com.au, Chasing Cars, Carsales.com.au, and CarsGuide).
So from my limited sample size which consists of comparing a 5g Raptor with a 6g Wildtrack, and taking into account the suspension differences between these two, I'd say that they provide a very similar driving experience behind the wheel. I think the 6g Wildtrack feels slightly more car-like but if you find the 5g comfortable then you won't be disappointed with the 6g.

I can't compare the 6g Raptor for you yet as mine is sitting on the dock in Melbourne trapped in quarantine and requiring some deep cleaning before it will be released to the dealer and subsequently myself. Two weeks ago the dealer informed me that it could be 2 weeks or 2 months - nobody really knows :mad:

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
I can't compare the 6g Raptor for you yet as mine is sitting on the dock in Melbourne trapped in quarantine and requiring some deep cleaning before it will be released to the dealer and subsequently myself. Two weeks ago the dealer informed me that it could be 2 weeks or 2 months - nobody really knows :mad:
Is that a COVID protocol or something else?

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Is that a COVID protocol or something else?
Nope! Some vehicles were found to have seeds on them from being parked in storage after manufacture and before being loaded onto the ships. Quarantine in Melbourne have said that all cars need to undergo a deep clean before they can be released. Interestingly, cars from the same ships which were dropped off in New South Wales (on their way to Sydney) did not require the quarantine hold-up - go figure.

This is not affecting just Ford but all imported vehicles (which is all vehicles sold in Aus these days). News reports say that there is something like 10,000 waiting to be released with several loaded car carriers outside the bay unable to unload due to the hold up. This has been going on since January.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gen 6 Ranger WildTrak
Occupation
I could tell you, but then I’d have to…
Is the 6th gen driver seating position similar to the 5th gen model? I’m in Canada and we don’t have the 6th gen released yet but I’m very interested in it. So if I can test drive a 5th gen and get a good idea of the seating position, dynamics, etc it’ll give me a good idea of what to expect for the new model.
As many others have said, if the Gen 5 works for you the Gen 6 will as well. I have a Badlands Bronco back in the States which is very similar to the Gen 5 Ranger. With the redesign, what you get it a considerably different cabin layout and wider seats with different bolstering. I’m 6’2-215# and I’m very comfortable in it. Lots of adjustments to seats and steering wheel to fine tune it for you. Hope this helps!
Sponsored