• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Random Q.C. Inspection

Powers 4x4

First Name
Cullen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ineos Grenadier, '22 F250 Tremor, '85 Bullnose
Occupation
Photo/Video
My pizza tracker is stuck on "In Production" for 2 weeks, so I reached out to my dealership to see if they could find out anything. Turns out I was randomly selected for a Quality Inspection.
Anyone have an idea of how much of a delay I should expect? Appears it's been about a week so far.

Ford Ranger Random Q.C. Inspection qc rr
Sponsored

Ranger Raptor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse-Mach E GTPE-Ranger Raptor 🤞
Sounds like the Added Nuisance Search at the airport gate from years ago. Hope it is released from TSA soon. I finally got a build week of 4-22 for my RR.

PawnX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
My tracker showed an update on 3/9 but no change in status. Was you tracker last updated on the 8th with no movement?
My blend date was 1/12/24.

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2023 Toyota GR86
My pizza tracker is stuck on "In Production" for 2 weeks, so I reached out to my dealership to see if they could find out anything. Turns out I was randomly selected for a Quality Inspection.
Anyone have an idea of how much of a delay I should expect? Appears it's been about a week so far.

qc rr.jpg
mine is built (tracker stuck in production) and had a delivery eta of 3/7 which never happened. it has the same qa hold. i suspect all of us who are produced and have not yet moved to built show the qa hold

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor

qc rr.jpg
My order has been on QC hold location 4g since the end of February. The truck was blended on 2/22. My dealer was able to see it's location and it was at a Visteon Parking lot just a few miles from the Michigan Assembly Plant. It went there right after it was built and hasn't moved since. I have an estimated delivery from 19-25 March but I don't think that is quite going to happen.

Sponsored

RacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
My Bronco went through that. Added about a week, maybe a day or two more vs other Broncos during that build week.
I was delivered with a bit over 20 miles on the odo and a sticker about extra mileage due to extra QC.

DanTheMan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Occupation
Social Worker

qc rr.jpg
Mine has shown Inn Production since 01/22...

OP
OP
Powers 4x4

Powers 4x4

First Name
Cullen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ineos Grenadier, '22 F250 Tremor, '85 Bullnose
Occupation
Photo/Video
My tracker showed an update on 3/9 but no change in status. Was you tracker last updated on the 8th with no movement?
My blend date was 1/12/24.
Mine was last updated on 3/5.
Dealer said that was the day the build was completed.

FarelaneF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger

qc rr.jpg
Mine has been "in production" since 1/22.

Jacfield

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler
Occupation
Developer
Mine has been "in production" since 1/22.

Mine has been since 1/23 and I'm starting to lose hope that it'll ever be officially "built". I'm suspicious that they screwed something up with the early builds.

We're starting to see people that ordered their Rangers in January... JANU-FRICKEN-ARY... get their trucks shipped before folks that ordered in May.

Rant over.

It sucks, it really does, but it is what it is.

Sponsored

FarelaneF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Mine has been since 1/23 and I'm starting to lose hope that it'll ever be officially "built". I'm suspicious that they screwed something up with the early builds.

We're starting to see people that ordered their Rangers in January... JANU-FRICKEN-ARY... get their trucks shipped before folks that ordered in May.

Rant over.

It sucks, it really does, but it is what it is.
Agree. I think something is up with those January builds. Ford should manufacture new trucks and replace them if they are going to be much longer. This truck was ordered in May of 23.

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, ordered '24 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I will remain patient. I almost considered the incentives on the 2023 F-150, but it won't easily fit in either of my garage stalls. And it isn't a RR.

Now that we are pretty sure they are shipping Rangers, even with a railcar shortage, they can move a lot of trucks per week off the storage lots.
They have already planned which other vehicles will share my rail car, based on research about the rail car codes and how they plan every part of the delivery (plan well? The jury is out on that).
I'm told that the dealer will get the email about shipping, then a day or so later our trackers get updated with built.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
My order has been on QC hold location 4g since the end of February. The truck was blended on 2/22. My dealer was able to see it's location and it was at a Visteon Parking lot just a few miles from the Michigan Assembly Plant. It went there right after it was built and hasn't moved since. I have an estimated delivery from 19-25 March but I don't think that is quite going to happen.
I'm in the exact same boat. Stuck since Feb 20th.

DockDog

First Name
D K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F 150
Occupation
Retired
Having not seen my tracker updated since January 11th and the Ranger I ordered still in production I am wondering several different things as to why this is the case. #1 - It wont be shipped anytime soon because it was manufactured January 12th and is parked deeply inside the holding lot. Who knows it is maybe awaiting a software update which is the QCH (Quality Control Hold). #2 - The other issue I see as to why it is not being listed being built and shipped is that since it is deep inside that holding lot it will be one that was first in the lot and now last out since it is traveling by convoy aka truck. Which is to say that since it will be loaded on the car carrier when the 5-6 Ford products going to my dealership in Maryland when all are ready to ship. When have you ever seen a car carrier unload only two new cars/trucks at a dealership. My experience is the entire load is off loaded at a dealership makes it more efficient. This is again me making things up and I have no way of knowing why a truck manufactured January 12th is not on its way to my dealership, not to say why the tracker has not been updated since January 11th.

Patiently awaiting an update to the tracker to see something different that what I have seen for over two months now.

TMP Montana

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT, 2023 Mazda CX-50, 2006Scion Xb
Occupation
Retired
Having not seen my tracker updated since January 11th and the Ranger I ordered still in production I am wondering several different things as to why this is the case. #1 - It wont be shipped anytime soon because it was manufactured January 12th and is parked deeply inside the holding lot. Who knows it is maybe awaiting a software update which is the QCH (Quality Control Hold). #2 - The other issue I see as to why it is not being listed being built and shipped is that since it is deep inside that holding lot it will be one that was first in the lot and now last out since it is traveling by convoy aka truck. Which is to say that since it will be loaded on the car carrier when the 5-6 Ford products going to my dealership in Maryland when all are ready to ship. When have you ever seen a car carrier unload only two new cars/trucks at a dealership. My experience is the entire load is off loaded at a dealership makes it more efficient. This is again me making things up and I have no way of knowing why a truck manufactured January 12th is not on its way to my dealership, not to say why the tracker has not been updated since January 11th.

Patiently awaiting an update to the tracker to see something different that what I have seen for over two months now.
My 2014 Mustang was the only car on the car carrier when it arrived at the Maryland dealership. But things may have changed since 2013 when it was delivered.
Sponsored