• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger Raptor - 35’s

Labradorguy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Enough said.

Should have a 35” tire option.

You just know they have designed for it?

Current tire size is too small.
Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
I don't understand this mentality. Until now, the biggest tire size offered stock was 31". Ford would have to undergo some serious engineering to fit 35s while still retaining the proper suspension travel.

OP
OP

Labradorguy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I guess just my opinion.

Braptor has 35’s.

Bison will have 35’s.

Raptor has 37’s.

I expected (and wanted) it to have larger tires.

Last edited:

telenerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, Subaru Crosstrek
I’m surprised with no sway bar disconnect in Raptor. 35s I bet they have an add on package for that to the Raptor.

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Quality Manager
I don't understand this mentality. Until now, the biggest tire size offered stock was 31". Ford would have to undergo some serious engineering to fit 35s while still retaining the proper suspension travel.
??? The Ranger is based on the same chassis as the Bronco.... There would be very minimal engineering involved to go to 35s as it's already been done over there on it. The majority of the suspension components likely will carryover from the Bronco or be very, very similar. You could likely swap 35s on at delivery and see very few, if any, issues.

Sponsored

Moto26

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '17 F150
Bronco Sasquatch comes with 35’s. No reason they couldn’t have fit them on the RRaptor.

Good news is there will be many sets of brand new Raptor take-offs for sale - cheap! - that you can put on a regular ranger!

jezzza

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor RA
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
As someone who's driven a 6G Ranger Raptor with 35s, I can confirm that it certainly doesn't drive/handle any better.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
??? The Ranger is based on the same chassis as the Bronco.... There would be very minimal engineering involved to go to 35s as it's already been done over there on it. The majority of the suspension components likely will carryover from the Bronco or be very, very similar. You could likely swap 35s on at delivery and see very few, if any, issues.
The Bronco has no real bumper to speak of. It was engineered to be able to go up to 37s at least. You can watch videos on Youtube where people fit 35s on the Ranger Raptor and they are having to make cuts to get it to fit. It's not as much work as the last gen ranger, but still. Here is a video where they get it to fit. It just doesn't look like it buys them that much and the wheels look like they wouldn't allow full suspension travel.

Last edited:

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I should add that I'm not against 35s at all. I think it would be great if they got it to work. I just knew going in that they wouldn't ever go larger than 33s when their biggest tire to date has been 31.

Moto26

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '17 F150
The Bronco has no real bumper to speak of. It was engineered to be able to go up to 37s at least. You can watch videos on Youtube where people fit 35s on the Ranger Raptor and they are having to make cuts to get it to fit. It's not as much work as the last gen ranger, but still. Here is a video where they get it to fit. It just doesn't look like it buys them that much and the wheels look like they wouldn't allow full suspension travel.

A couple of points about that video:

1) They mounted the 35's on 9" wide wheels with only 18mm of offset, and even with that much poke, the tire almost cleared the wheel well. I would bet money you could install 35's on the OEM wheels with no clearance issues. We'll see shortly, I'm sure.

2) Anyone who cuts metal with a Dremel - especially overhead - without eye protection is a bloody idiot.

Sponsored

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
I think that cosmetically, 35's look good.

FWIW I think the new Ranger Raptor is the whole package and I wouldn't want to mess with the immense amount of engineering gone into the entire Ranger Raptor program.

I have a 5g with fiberglass fenders and bedsides that made my 33's look tiny and when I put 35's they looked perfect. So my first thought was, "dang I wish the Ranger Raptor had 35's." But these OEM RR fenders aren't very wide over stock because the track width is only 3 1/2" wider total over stock, so I honestly think 33's look great.

If I was in charge of the program I would have said to put 35's, make the track width 81", and increase the wheel well arch to allow that extra inch of up travel. This would look cooler, increase total suspension travel, and legally need the "raptor lights."

Throwing 35's on changes the overall handling that had been meticulously put together, so I would say to run the most positive offset wheels you can if you're gonna do it to minimize the extra load on the wheel bearings and give her hell!

So like a 25 to 35 offset wheel.

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Laramie Sport
Devil's Advocate: Ford increased ride height so that 35s will fit, but install 33s at the factory because it improves MPG, towing ability, braking ability, acceleration, etc.

Basically the Raptor with 33s will perform better as a sporty, utility, off-road vehicle while simultaneously allowing room for 35s with little to no modification. I mean, how many enthusiasts keep the OE tires on their trucks anyway?

Richie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor, 21 X5 M50i
I guess just my opinion.

Braptor has 35’s.

Bison will have 35’s.

Raptor has 37’s.

I expected (and wanted) it to have larger tires.
Braptor has 37's*

I was hoping to at least have the option for 35's as well.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I guess I'm the black sheep of the group. I'd only want it with 33's. I think the 35's look too big on that size of truck.
Doesn't really matter though. As much as I want a RR, I'll never get one, because I don't ever expect them to drop to MSRP. :explode: