• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger Raptor steering rack and tie rod

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Powerboost King Ranch, 2024 HPR Ranger Raptor
Couldn't find it in the specs, But wondering which steering rack and tie rods the Raptor will have. The base bronco comes with a weaker setup, then the Wildtrack comes with Hoss 3.0 Ford Performance severe-duty steering rack. The standard setup seems to be able to break tie rods in the mall parking lot bumps.
Sponsored

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
As far as I am aware, no the Ranger Raptor gets a standard rack. Another clear miss by the engineering team sadly.

mykrrrr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor - UN white
Occupation
Analyst
Are you comparing PN for PN on that or just speculating?

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Are you comparing PN for PN on that or just speculating?
From what I’ve seen during pre-production it’s not the Ford Performance rack and I have not seen any indication of Nexteer supplying multiple racks for P703 at this time.

mykrrrr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor - UN white
Occupation
Analyst
From what I’ve seen during pre-production it’s not the Ford Performance rack and I have not seen any indication of Nexteer supplying multiple racks for P703 at this time.
But same PN's between base and Raptor? Does Nexteer sequence parts for the plant? That's why I ask if the PN's are different.

Sponsored

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
But same PN's between base and Raptor? Does Nexteer sequence parts for the plant? That's why I ask if the PN's are different.
Yes that’s what I meant by not seeing multiple parts. Nexteer is our supplier for racks and all models have the same part number.

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t anticipate it being upgraded due to the Ranger Raptor only being on 33’s to begin with.

Last edited:

3231haven

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Next Gen Ranger Wildtrak -RA
Occupation
Retired Automotive Cad Monkey
They are different steering racks between Ranger and Ranger Raptor, have different motor sizes, different steering arm lengths, and different rack travels as the IFS geometry's are completely different and so are the track widths, but look the same. Bronco's steering rack is similar but again is different in all the aspects I mention above as the geometry's are different than Ranger.
Never seen a broken Tierod ever on a Ranger and I had 3 5G Ranger Raptors and did some pretty heavy 4x4 stuff in them.

SCFast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 RRaptor, '22 Ford Bronco, '18 Raptor Prior
Honestly have not had an issue with my bronco's tie rods across a ton of trails and i am running 35in KM3's which are running almost 20lbs heavier for each over the stock Goodyear 35's and out of the gate switching to 35's on the RR. So not to concerned about this "issue"

Last edited:

UpInTheAir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still not a Raptor
You all get 35s on them stock/from the factory?

SCFast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 RRaptor, '22 Ford Bronco, '18 Raptor Prior
Last edited:

UpInTheAir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still not a Raptor
My reading comprehension isn't there. You said Bronco, but my brain went to Ranger.
Sponsored