• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Rear air

LuckyMonkey7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Lightning
Not in 100 F. Not for 50k.. I ride a motorcycle when I am alone, 100F is brutal and it's 95F+ for 6-8 months out of the year here.
Same, it doesn't drop below 80F many nights. You get swampy real quick when riding during the summer months of April - December.
Temperature in cars sitting in the sun can be 150+ easily. That doesn't just cool down quickly with 100 degree air from outside.

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
I just got to thinking. Perhaps the Rear Air or HVAC is under the seats.
This is how it's done in the Bronco and I bet that the vents do exist just in the NA market they're under the seats.
Not that, that is any consolation because if you follow the Bronco forum you'll know the under seat vents are hot garbage :)

Robo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, VW Atlas
This is how it's done in the Bronco and I bet that the vents do exist just in the NA market they're under the seats.
Not that, that is any consolation because if you follow the Bronco forum you'll know the under seat vents are hot garbage :)
Probably the case... both of my frontiers had under seat vents (only). We lived in Fort Worth where it was 100+ on any given summer day and the entire cab was cool. My kiddo gets hot and she never complained. Of course it always took a few minutes to cool the cab, but after that it was fine.

Sponsored

LuckyMonkey7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Lightning
Doesn't make any sense when other countries get rear ac vents where there is a pocket in the US version

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
The fact that some of the trim levels STILL have keys... no rear air surprises me not at all. WTF is Ford thinking?
They're thinking only the younger generations think having a key is a negative. The more tech and gadgets you add means more cost, problems, recalls, and complaining about it in forums, for no discernible benefits for many of us. Ever hear of the K.I.S.S. principal?

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Not in 100 F. Not for 50k.. I ride a motorcycle when I am alone, 100F is brutal and it's 95F+ for 6-8 months out of the year here.
it was joke,... yea I know its bs... And car over 40k should have that feature.

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Doesn't make any sense when other countries get rear ac vents where there is a pocket in the US version
why didnt they copy and paste the global ranger what is the price differnce... must be milllions...

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
I’m not saying it makes sense or is justified just another thing i thought of

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bt_okst

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
No. All rangers outside of us mkt have rear air in mod console. We get a handy storage hole for crap to collect.

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
No. All rangers outside of us mkt have rear air in mod console. We get a handy storage hole for crap to collect.
No what?
I’m not arguing the ROW didn’t get console hvac vents. Nor am I saying the NA version shouldn’t have them as i agree it’s a disappointment.
I’m just saying that some are posting the rear cab has no hvac vents at all. I’m just saying I don’t think that’s accurate. I’m sure they’re under the seats.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor, '13 Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
They're thinking only the younger generations think having a key is a negative. The more tech and gadgets you add means more cost, problems, recalls, and complaining about it in forums, for no discernible benefits for many of us. Ever hear of the K.I.S.S. principal?
I haven't been young since Santa was in kindergarden... and I view keys as a negative. Keyless has huge benefits in my opinion.

As to keeping it simple, not much complicated about push button start. You want simple, get rid of the stupid ass touch screens. How about some buttons and switches in a truck. I don't need a laptop stuck to the dashboard.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I haven't been young since Santa was in kindergarden... and I view keys as a negative. Keyless has huge benefits in my opinion.

As to keeping it simple, not much complicated about push button start. You want simple, get rid of the stupid ass touch screens. How about some buttons and switches in a truck. I don't need a laptop stuck to the dashboard.
I seem to remember the floorboard mounted push button being hailed as a huge advancement over the hand crank starter. Then it was universally replaced by dash or column mounted keyed ignition. Now we come full circle with companies pushing keyless ignitions as superior? With Toyota and others attempting to impose monthly subscriptions to fully use your key fob I suspect profit is the driver on the move away from keys again. I figure don't fix what ain't broke. YMMV

Totally agree with you on the stupid and dangerous touch screens. For all the warnings about not texting and distracted driving safety problems - they decide big touch screens are the answer? Fortunately, many companies have come out saying they will phase them out again as a recent article I read exposed the driver for screens was also $- it costs more to purchase and install mechanical knobs and buttons than screens. Who would have thunk it?
Sponsored