• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

So What Engine Oil Are Y'all Running/Planning on Running?

1TruckLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge ST, 2024 Ranger Raptor (On Order)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
While we all wait...............

I'm thinking about running Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic in my RR. What's everyone else planning to run?
Sponsored

coldconfession13

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford edge
Occupation
IT

I'm thinking about running Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic in my RR. What's everyone else planning to run?
That is pretty good oil right there. I'll probably just run platinum but the3e days I just let dealer do the changes. But synthetic for sure

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
whatever the dealer uses

Reactions: MJE

Sponsored

olefordguy

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Limited, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired

I always liked Pennzoil for years but I almost positive it does not meet Fords WSS-M2C961-A1 specification. Wouldn't want to give Ford an excuse for using oil that doesn't meet spec. However, haven't looked in quite a while, they may have updated to meet that spec now.

Tagtexas

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I will make sure the oil meets the specs stated in the manual which will probably be Mobil 1 full synthetic. I have been running Mobil 1 in all my vehicles for several years now.

FreezingFlatlander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Retired
It may not make a difference as long as one changes the oil regularly but I have been using the Valvoline Advanced, a full synthetic oil advertised to help in reducing the carbon buildup on the valves for direct injection engines. There is more blowby with turbocharged engines so have been changing oil at 5000 miles and that's just me as there seems to be endless opinions on what oil to use and oil change interval.

Sponsored

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger
Mobil 1 FS 5W-30

Been running Mobili 1 0W-40 European Formula in my GT350 for 8 years, and the valve springs and timing chains are as clean as the day I brought it home (you can seen them under the oil cap). The 5-quart jugs are readily available at Walmart and are reasonably priced too.

Will the Raptor use the same FL2062A filter that the 3.0L in the Explorer ST uses?