• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Thinking of switching from Carbonized Gray Metallic to Cactus Gray. Thoughts?

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
@LoneStarCaviar
Wasn’t your F350 and F150 magnetic grey? I thought Carbonized grey was new the last couple years. It’s a lighter grey than the really dark magnetic.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ranger Nick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger
Occupation
Lawyer
I changed from carbonized gray to silver after visiting a Ford Dealer and looking at the carbonized in person. It had the slightest dirt on it and looked bad. Cleaned up looks great but I don’t like daily or even weekly washings. I owned a couple of silver vehicles and they looked great after going off road. The cactus may be trendy…

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, I saw that picture in the forums. Definitely making my decision hard. Especially when I start thinking white or black too. Lol. I’m sure I’ll have more than enough time to make up my mind.
right now, I'm leaning White for my Ranger. Have had 2 White Rangers, White Pontiac Vibe, and currently our White F-150 Sport. I also have a "True Blue Metallic" Grand Cherokee that sparkles when clean, but mostly looks more like Black. White works better in our higher altitude for temperature reasons, and I just think it works aesthetically too with Black trim contrasting for a standard color. I'm also kinda interested in Hot Pepper Red and a darker Blue after my 1st Ranger was kinda like "Race Red" and another Ranger was "Sonic Blue" and may go that way if I decide paying a premium $ for the optional color makes sense. Decisions, Decisions...

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
I wish they had real life pics and videos of the XLT/Lariat Sport in Carbonized Grey. I think the grey they use on the sport front fascia is a darker grey, perhaps Magnetic from a few years back. I want to see how that looks in the real world. It could look really cool or it might look like a botched paint job with the two different greys. I believe we’ve seen every single other color on a Sport in real life in the U.S. except that one.

Sponsored

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
Cactus Gray does appear clean. Here's my wife's Bronco Sport after a day of grouse hunting and it's filthy, but the paint doesn't show the dirt at all

Ford Ranger Thinking of switching from Carbonized Gray Metallic to Cactus Gray. Thoughts? 20230911_232232

PS. I'm unsure exactly what Carbonized Gray Metallic really is on the '24 Ranger Raptor. Is it the classic "charcoal" color from years past or a new "flat" color like is so popular right now? I can't discern which it is from looking at pics online.

LoneStarCaviar

First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby Baja700 Raptor, 2018 Shelby Raptor
Occupation
Self Employed
@LoneStarCaviar
Wasn’t your F350 and F150 magnetic grey? I thought Carbonized grey was new the last couple years. It’s a lighter grey than the really dark magnetic.
It seems I was completely mistaken lol. I will have to see carbonized gray in person and reevaluate which I like better now. I do like the magnetic gray a lot, and had it in my head they were the same, so I didn’t even consider carbonized gray as an option for the RR. Thanks for informing me Gator.

KevR

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor in AGM
I like Cactus Gray but... 2 pictures can be very deceiving.

coldconfession13

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford edge
Occupation
IT
Man TFLoffroad just uploaded a video talking about all new trucks and they show the 24 ranger xlt exactly how I ordered it. I didn't know for some reason is the seat adjustment. I thought it would be electric. Manual? Come on ford.

OP
OP

easyheimer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Man TFLoffroad just uploaded a video talking about all new trucks and they show the 24 ranger xlt exactly how I ordered it. I didn't know for some reason is the seat adjustment. I thought it would be electric. Manual? Come on ford.
Just watched that same video. Sticking with the Carbonized Gray Metallic after they were showing it.

Sponsored

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
Dang I thought your comment meant they finally showed a carbonized grey XLT not cactus grey. Oh well, the wait to see one continues.

The XLT High package upgrades it to power seats as seen on the build and price tool.

coldconfession13

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford edge
Occupation
IT
Dang I thought your comment meant they finally showed a carbonized grey XLT not cactus grey. Oh well, the wait to see one continues.

The XLT High package upgrades it to power seats as seen on the build and price tool.
Didn't notice that. Thanks.

RobTile

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21M2Comp. 20Ram 1500
Carbonized gray at Detroit auto show