• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Thinking of switching from Carbonized Gray Metallic to Cactus Gray. Thoughts?

easyheimer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
I have my order in with Ford for Carbonized Grey Metallic but the Cactus Grey looks really nice with pictures I’ve seen. What are some of the benefits of each color? Thoughts on if I should switch? I wanted a color I could keep clean easily.

Ford Ranger Thinking of switching from Carbonized Gray Metallic to Cactus Gray. Thoughts? IMG_9151

Ford Ranger Thinking of switching from Carbonized Gray Metallic to Cactus Gray. Thoughts? IMG_9121

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor Crew - Cactus Grey
Occupation
Manager
The carbonized grey looks good. I think the advantage is the appeal of a darker almost black. It blends with trim and black accessories better. Also ages better - not a “trendy” colour.

I have a 2021 Lariat Tremor in cactus grey. For what it’s worth - I’m colour blind and have a difficult time with blues and greens and even greys.
I like that it doesn’t look like the battleship greys, wet concrete greys out there. I also like how the colour changes hue a bit in different light.

A couple pics of mine for inspiration (and because I like the way it looks 😄).

Ford Ranger Thinking of switching from Carbonized Gray Metallic to Cactus Gray. Thoughts? IMG_2409
Ford Ranger Thinking of switching from Carbonized Gray Metallic to Cactus Gray. Thoughts? IMG_4832
Ford Ranger Thinking of switching from Carbonized Gray Metallic to Cactus Gray. Thoughts? IMG_7038

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
The Raptor looks like Azure Gray Metallic to me.
It could just be the camera lighting or my computer.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Cactus is one of the new car colors my sister calls "putty". I used to like it but now see "putty" every time. It will grow old on you quickly. Carbonized is timeless, no matter how hard tree huggers try to "de-carbonize" the world! (Yeah I'm an old school metallurgist)

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Raptor looks like Azure Gray Metallic to me.
It could just be the camera lighting or my computer.
yeah, i was gonna say the saturation or something is jacked way up on that first image and it looks like AGM. it's not a good comparison for what cactus grey will look like in the real world.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
I have my order in with Ford for Carbonized Grey Metallic but the Cactus Grey looks really nice with pictures I’ve seen. What are some of the benefits of each color? Thoughts on if I should switch? I wanted a color I could keep clean easily.

IMG_9151.jpeg

IMG_9121.jpeg
I've said this many times before but if keeping it clean is your goal, there is no better color in the world than Cactus Gray. I owned a 5G Cactus Gray Ranger and I'd take it through the muddiest conditions and you could barely tell. I liked it so much I ordered it for my RRaptor.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
This is taken from another thread here, but this is what a Cactus Gray RRaptor looks like:

Ford Ranger Thinking of switching from Carbonized Gray Metallic to Cactus Gray. Thoughts? IMG_2290

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Cactus is one of the new car colors my sister calls "putty". I used to like it but now see "putty" every time. It will grow old on you quickly. Carbonized is timeless, no matter how hard tree huggers try to "de-carbonize" the world! (Yeah I'm an old school metallurgist)
here's my current contribution to continuing Carbonization of the world!

Ford Ranger Thinking of switching from Carbonized Gray Metallic to Cactus Gray. Thoughts? 004.JPG
Ford Ranger Thinking of switching from Carbonized Gray Metallic to Cactus Gray. Thoughts? 001.JPG

Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I was torn between the same two colors (and SGM) so I asked my wife. She said the pale green in the Cactus Gray reminded her of the embalmed bodies she worked on in Med School. That’s all I needed to hear. I’m getting CGM and down the road a bit I’ll be adding my own vinyl accents in my favorite color for a cool contrast.

OP
OP

easyheimer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
here's my current contribution to continuing Carbonization of the world!

004.JPG
001.JPG
Yeah, I saw that picture in the forums. Definitely making my decision hard. Especially when I start thinking white or black too. Lol. I’m sure I’ll have more than enough time to make up my mind.

Stave7

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge, 2022 Ford Maverick
Occupation
Ford Motor Company Electrician
My kids call it Squidward gray…

LoneStarCaviar

First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby Baja700 Raptor, 2018 Shelby Raptor
Occupation
Self Employed
I like carbonized gray, but it's a really old color, and I already have a 2012 f350 and 2014 F150 in carbonized gray. Not a fan of cactus gray at all personally, so I went for azure gray for my new ranger raptor. I wanted lead foot like my 2018 Shelby raptor, or even Terrain tan like my 2013 Shelby Baja700, super rare truck, but not available. Ultimately it was Azure or shelter green, the only colors I liked, and I was hoping shelter green would be close to Black Jade on my boss 429, but they aren't even close. Some lame colors for the first USA ranger raptor lol. Go for the carbonized.
Ford Ranger Thinking of switching from Carbonized Gray Metallic to Cactus Gray. Thoughts? 339
Ford Ranger Thinking of switching from Carbonized Gray Metallic to Cactus Gray. Thoughts? 6898
Ford Ranger Thinking of switching from Carbonized Gray Metallic to Cactus Gray. Thoughts? 8048