• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Cactus Gray Ranger 6G spotted

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
You are correct. There have been no official announcemenst yet. Hopefully next week or two at the NY auto show. He was so adamant about something he knew nothing about that my response was basically throwing a bone because so many testers have been seen driving around the past 2 months with that bumper. I do hope they surprise us all when they announce it but I'm also trying to come to terms with it in case it's staying.
Glad I didn't miss something big like that :LOL: - I hope Ford announces something soon, even it gets delayed a bit further. It would be nice to know for sure what the NA 6G is going to look like and what trims they will offer - will it still be just the 3? Or will they add more trims like the ROW models? (Wildtrack, etc)
Sponsored

OP
OP
rwolfcastle

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Glad I didn't miss something big like that :LOL: - I hope Ford announces something soon, even it gets delayed a bit further. It would be nice to know for sure what the NA 6G is going to look like and what trims they will offer - will it still be just the 3? Or will they add more trims like the ROW models? (Wildtrack, etc)
Same. I'm more focused on the Ranger Raptor as I've dreamt of one since the original F-150 Raptors were released years ago. If they become impossible to find, it will be interesting to see what the Tremor/Wildtrack version will look like and what it will officially be called.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Same. I'm more focused on the Ranger Raptor as I've dreamt of one since the original F-150 Raptors were released years ago. If they become impossible to find, it will be interesting to see what the Tremor/Wildtrack version will look like and what it will officially be called.
I honestly would love a Ranger Raptor, but I can't justify how much it is going to cost... Unless they decide to make them more affordable, which I HIGHLY doubt. I do like the looks of the 6G Raptor a lot more than the regular 6G.

OP
OP
rwolfcastle

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know why it took me so long to notice this (and I haven't seen anyone else point it out) but the US testers DO have a slightly different bumper than ROW. It's less of a sports bra look and I think it does look better by comparison. I still wish it was closer to the Raptor with the bumper being separate but it might grow on me.

Ford Ranger Cactus Gray Ranger 6G spotted Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 5.52.14 PM

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
I don't know why it took me so long to notice this (and I haven't seen anyone else point it out) but the US testers DO have a slightly different bumper than ROW. It's less of a sports bra look and I think it does look better by comparison. I still wish it was closer to the Raptor with the bumper being separate but it might grow on me.

Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 5.52.14 PM.png
It's the same bumper as our Ranger Sport.
Ford Ranger Cactus Gray Ranger 6G spotted Ford-Ranger-Sport-Bi-Turbo-HERO-16x9-1

Sponsored
OP
OP
rwolfcastle

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's the same bumper as our Ranger Sport.
Ford-Ranger-Sport-Bi-Turbo-HERO-16x9-1.jpg
Ah, thank you! I was searching Rangers and every one that popped up was either the Wildtrack or the Raptor.

Robo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, VW Atlas
Ah, thank you! I was searching Rangers and every one that popped up was either the Wildtrack or the Raptor.
I think it's done to distinguish it as the Wildtrak or Wildtrak X. As far as I have seen, all other trims look the same (so far).

thefastgoer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ranger 2wd