• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

UAW kicks off talks with 'Detroit Three'

Status
Not open for further replies.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Those don’t qualify as tacos lol
Just like watery canned domestics, there is a time and a place for Taco Bell. Usually after too many watery canned domestics.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Raynger24

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Escape SE, 23 Colorado LT
People need to stop being snippy with each other on here. I really don't want this thread nuked because it's the only place I'm staying up to date on the Ford manufacturing/impending union strike news.
BACK ON TOPIC: It appears a strike is becoming an increasing reality, and certainly has the potential to effect our builds. That is the only reason I post what I think are significant updates so we are all informed, not to start arguments. From my reading BOTH sides have their points.

As I stated earlier I am not the forum police, and I certainly don't need to ask adults how to interact as it certainly is not my place. However, trust me, we all know how some of you feel, so we don't piss the mods off and the thread does not get nuked, can we PLEASE keep our comments polite, and within forum decorum and rules.

From my reading different articles Stellantis at least is taking a bit of a hard stance, obviously I don't know what Ford's thinking and stratgey is going to be, but personally, I'm getting a bit of a sinking feeling. I HOPE I am wrong!

Reuters: August 8, 2023

UAW calls Stellantis contract offer 'trash'

United Auto Workers (UAW) union President Shawn Fain angrily tossed contract proposals from Stellantis (STLAM.MI) in a trash can on Tuesday, citing numerous concessions that the Chrysler parent is seeking in labor talks.

"Stellantis proposals are a slap in the face," Fain said during an online chat, disclosing the company is proposing cuts to health-care coverage, fewer vacation days for new hires, employer cuts to 401(k) contributions, and lifting a cap on the number of temporary employees. "Management has chosen to spit in our faces." During the chat Fain tossed a copy of the Stellantis proposal in a waste basket. "That's where it belongs - in the trash - because that's what it is," he said. The July 27 company document seen by Reuters makes many proposals aimed at reducing absenteeism, which the automaker said cost it more than 16,000 vehicles of lost production, or $217 million in lost revenue. Stellantis also seeks to cut pension, health-care and other costs, saying that amid government electric vehicle rules, it "is imperative we find ways to reduce the overall fixed cost structure of our business." Stellantis said the cumulative increase in employee health-care costs over the next four years is expected to be $613 million. The UAW also said the company opposes an end to two-tier wages, a practice of newer hires getting paid much less than veteran workers.

Fain cited an Aug. 1 statement Stellantis made to Reuters that the automaker is "not seeking a concessionary agreement."

Stellantis did not comment.

Last edited:

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
BACK ON TOPIC: It appears a possible strike is becoming a reality, and most likely is going to effect our builds. From my reading BOTH sides have their points.

As I stated earlier I am not he forum police, and I certainly don't need to tell grown adults how and what to state as it certainly is not my place. However, trust me gentleman, we all know how some of you feel. So we don't piss the mods off and the thread does not get nuked, can we PLEASE keep our comments polite, and within forum decorum and rules.

From my reading different articles Stellantis at least is taking a bit of a hard stance, obviously I don't know what Ford's thinking and stratgey is going to be, but personally, I'm getting a bit of a sinking feeling. I HOPE I am wrong!

Reuters: August 8, 2023

UAW calls Stellantis contract offer 'trash'

United Auto Workers (UAW) union President Shawn Fain angrily tossed contract proposals from Stellantis (STLAM.MI) in a trash can on Tuesday, citing numerous concessions that the Chrysler parent is seeking in labor talks.

"Stellantis proposals are a slap in the face," Fain said during an online chat, disclosing the company is proposing cuts to health-care coverage, fewer vacation days for new hires, employer cuts to 401(k) contributions, and lifting a cap on the number of temporary employees. "Management has chosen to spit in our faces." During the chat Fain tossed a copy of the Stellantis proposal in a waste basket. "That's where it belongs - in the trash - because that's what it is," he said. The July 27 company document seen by Reuters makes many proposals aimed at reducing absenteeism, which the automaker said cost it more than 16,000 vehicles of lost production, or $217 million in lost revenue. Stellantis also seeks to cut pension, health-care and other costs, saying that amid government electric vehicle rules, it "is imperative we find ways to reduce the overall fixed cost structure of our business." Stellantis said the cumulative increase in employee health-care costs over the next four years is expected to be $613 million. The UAW also said the company opposes an end to two-tier wages, a practice of newer hires getting paid much less than veteran workers.

Fain cited an Aug. 1 statement Stellantis made to Reuters that the automaker is "not seeking a concessionary agreement."

Stellantis did not comment.

Welp, more time to save for a down payment I guess. Way in going I’ll have half my truck paid off by the time they get around to making it

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Yeah, if there is a bright side to this and there is a strike, I am thinking the same exact thing.

Given stories people here have told about their bronco and maverick wait times I fully expected to be in for the long haul. I can keep my current rig limping along for a while longer if need be. Granted, I’m impatient and would like to be in my new truck but it is what it is and entirely out of my control. If I end up getting the truck and my payments are less than I was expecting, and if he’ll freezes over and interest rates drop all the better. A shorter financing period works for me.

Sponsored

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
I'm "one of those people" regarding the Maverick. Two years now, and no Maverick, no word from Ford, nothing, zero, nada! Like you, I'm impatient as hell, and a "few more months" to get more for a down payment (especially with the APR rates are now, I can live with it). But Eric, having gone through "retail order "Maverick hell" you are 100% correct, it is totally out of our control. As such, and for the above personal "Maverick" reason, it quite frankly makes me more then nervous. Again, may the powers that be, prove me wrong! :frown:
Oh I am nervous too and would prefer it not to happen. but in 6 months I'll be in a better financial position overall with an even larger down payment. If it goes on to a year same, though that would be REALLY pushing my patience

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
Raising health care costs. You don't say. Maybe Ford should be lobbying to address that issue to help bring those costs down. $1000 crutches and $100 advil tablets charged to patients, charged to insurance (and negotiated down!), premiums paid by the employer's. This country, I tell you. Capitalism has ruined our morals.

I digress, to update my situation, I did, in fact, have tacos yesterday - grilled chicken. But no margaritas. :( I had volleyball and then basketball so didn't want to impact my games.

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
The July 27 company document seen by Reuters makes many proposals aimed at reducing absenteeism, which the automaker said cost it more than 16,000 vehicles of lost production,
I thought it was product constraints that where effecting vehicle production at least thats what Ford keeps saying.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raynger24

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought it product constraints that where effecting vehicle production at least thats what Ford keeps saying.
Constraints, as I'm sure you recognize, are for MANY reasons way too long to list here causing production delays. The chip shortage being one of the top issues that the current talks have nothing to do with I don't imagine. Absenteeism is a slice of the greater picture of the many moving parts scheduling keeps getting pushed back. It is one of many topics the automakers wish to address as part of a new contract that would fall under this umbrella.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Raising health care costs. You don't say. Maybe Ford should be lobbying to address that issue to help bring those costs down. $1000 crutches and $100 advil tablets charged to patients, charged to insurance (and negotiated down!), premiums paid by the employer's. This country, I tell you. Capitalism has ruined our morals.

I digress, to update my situation, I did, in fact, have tacos yesterday - grilled chicken. But no margaritas. :( I had volleyball and then basketball so didn't want to impact my games.
Can't do that otherwise the poor insurance companies will go out of business. How will those execs afford their 5th yacht?

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I'm "one of those people" regarding the Maverick. Two years now, and no Maverick, no word from Ford, nothing, zero, nada! Like you, I'm impatient as hell, and a "few more months" to get more for a down payment (especially were the APR rates are now-and hell would would have to turn ICE COLD for them to drop, I can live with it,). But Eric, having gone through "retail order Maverick hell" you are 100% correct, it is totally out of our control. As such, and for the above personal "Maverick" reason, it quite frankly makes me more then nervous. Again, may the powers that be, prove me wrong! :frown:
Did you order the hybrid Maverick? And was it during the MY2022 or MY2023 ordering period? Ford did make some widely reported statements there would be unbuilt hybrids both years as they could not build enough. Some MY2022 orders were actually rolled over and given priority if a detailed process was followed correctly. There were multiple people reporting their dealers claimed they followed the Ford process, only to later be found to have not followed correctly and people were simply dropped or advised to place another order when order banks opened- but that basically left a 1 week window to figure you were hosed and too late to place another order because order period closed very quickly.

OP
OP
Raynger24

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you order the hybrid Maverick? And was it during the MY2022 or MY2023 ordering period?
I sent you a PM as the response is a bit long and off topic.

Last edited:

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Constraints, as I'm sure you recognize, are for MANY reasons way too long to list here causing production delays. The chip shortage being one of the top issues that the current talks have nothing to do with I don't imagine. Absenteeism is a slice of the greater picture of the many moving parts scheduling keeps getting pushed back. It is one of many topics the automakers wish to address as part of a new contract that would fall under this umbrella.
All bullshit go to most Ford dealers and you'll find rows of F150's with high msrp's and very high adms. Constraints are a crutch not to build low profit vehicles thats why lots of people have waited nearly two years trying to get a Maverick. And absenteeism or so called shortages haven't kept Ford, GM or Stellantis from posting multi billion dollar profits. Time the auto manufacturers share the wealth with those who made the money for them.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
All bullshit go to most Ford dealers and you'll find rows of F150's with high msrp's and very high adms. Constraints are a crutch not to build low profit vehicles thats why lots of people have waited nearly two years trying to get a Maverick. And absenteeism or so called shortages haven't kept Ford, GM or Stellantis from posting multi billion dollar profits. Time the auto manufacturers share the wealth with those who made the money for them.
yeah, don't let our pesky Capitalistic economic system and supply and demand get in the way of idealism and "equity" ✊ I heard there are actually countries where everybody makes the same and lives the same quality of life you could move to 👍 Only problem it's a miserable existence for everyone except the ruling elite who have all the $ and power 🙃

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
I had a burrito for lunch today but I really wanted tacos. 🌮 🌮 🌮.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.