• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

UAW kicks off talks with 'Detroit Three'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
I had subway.

On that note.... unless it's an update on the status of the strike it would probably be best if we all just shut up about it. We get it.... some people don't like unions and no one here is as smart or as informed as they think they are on the subject. and quite frankly im tired of trying to talk to people about unions who have no interest in rubbing their two braincells together. So.... let's just drop that talk for now and leave it to status of the talks and not normative statements about whether it should or shouldn't happen because quite frankly we can do nothing about it and it just makes us seem like entitled children crying because we aren't getting our new toy when we want it.
Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I had a burrito for lunch today but I really wanted tacos. 🌮 🌮 🌮.
I appreciate you redirecting the conversation.

I had a burger. But I was at a golf tournament so no tacos.

Scole31

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado Z71
I had a burrito for lunch today but I really wanted tacos. 🌮 🌮 🌮.
Always stating the important facts per usual. I’m in Cancun right now on vacation and I saw a 2024 ranger and started freaking out. I also had a burrito for lunch today.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher

Sponsored

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
Always stating the important facts per usual. I’m in Cancun right now on vacation and I saw a 2024 ranger and started freaking out. I also had a burrito for lunch today.
I forget which of those all inclusive resorts it was, but at least one had no tacos. Talk about a let down, who goes to a Mexican resort for American food? No tacos? That's like going to a Ford dealership and all they have on the showroom floor is Tahoe's and Bolt's.

Also, I'm just here for the impending strike.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
I forget which of those all inclusive resorts it was, but at least one had no tacos. Talk about a let down, who goes to a Mexican resort for American food? No tacos? That's like going to a Ford dealership and all they have on the showroom floor is Tahoe's and Bolt's.

Also, I'm just here for the impending strike.
No lie I thought you were talking about tacomas for a minute

Sponsored

Deleted member 6764

I wouldn't read into it, by itself. They typically vote on willingness to strike, as part of negotiations.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Well shit
In a way it’s performative. It sends a message to Ford that the plant is willing to strike. If anything this speeds up negotiations because it means there’s a real risk of a work stoppage. If the UAW head went to the table without a positive vote, he’d have to leverage and the talks would drag on.

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Been hinted they are willing to strike regardless. A week long of ear bending just to prove their point and worth. The whole thing has been a nightmare. Agree with a demand and they want to change it for better.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Always the chance to strike....just hope it doesn't last long if they do.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.