• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored
OP
OP

KayaPayaPigDog

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor Shelter Green
Occupation
US Navy
Yeah, Im totally tempering my expectactions. Ive only been driving sports sedans/coupes my entire life. Figured Id try something different. Im tired of all the potholes and worrying about where Im parking. Looking forward to the new truck, thanks for your response!

Also, yes, I totally intend on modifying it. Intake, exhaust, tune.....
I think you will get it to an extremely fun quick truck with a little money and effort... but it will never take a corner like your old cars... but like i said, it is what it is. totally worth the trade off in my opinion... rolling over the lowered barriers and speed bumps going on and off the bases i work at was always painful in my BMW... but in the truck it is a joke! I think i will keep an eye out for an old focus fiesta ST to keep as a fun little autocross car to help keep me going down that path haha.
Sponsored

Obie426

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Lariat
Have you noticed that the door is hard to close? I have to shut it 2 or 3 times every time I open it. It's like the cabin is too air tight and you have to really slam the door to get it to shut all the way.
I pick up my Ranger (not a Raptor) today. When I was examining it a couple of days ago I noticed the driver side front door was not closing properly unless I gave it a good shove. The other doors were fine. They sent it to the body shop. Quick adjustment.

OP
OP

KayaPayaPigDog

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
US Navy
I pick up my Ranger (not a Raptor) today. When I was examining it a couple of days ago I noticed the driver side front door was not closing properly unless I gave it a good shove. The other doors were fine. They sent it to the body shop. Quick adjustment.
great to know... i will have to have the dealer take a look at that next time i take it in if that is still an issue. I appreciate the feedback and glad to know it isn't something that cant be fixed.

81stfacp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS
Occupation
Retired
Thank you for sharing. Mine is also the shelter green metallic. Love the color.

Is there a pneumatic hood lift?

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think i will keep an eye out for an old focus fiesta ST to keep as a fun little autocross car to help keep me going down that path haha.
I'm selling a one owner 2017 Focus ST with 70k miles and the ford performance tune if you are interested ;) located near St. Louis. never tracked, winter wheels included and a few other QoL mods. absolutely love the car but I don't have room to keep it when I get this truck, otherwise I would.

Sponsored
OP
OP

KayaPayaPigDog

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
US Navy
Thank you for sharing. Mine is also the shelter green metallic. Love the color.

Is there a pneumatic hood lift?
If you want gas struts for hood you will have to get that aftermarket, this comes with a prop rod

G L Rockwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma off road
Occupation
self
I really do like the color… I’m a blue car guy usually but this is the perfect color for this truck IMHO… as for the auto start/stop it is easy to disable but just wish there were an option to turn it off for good. For my Explorer I bought the device that kept the setting in memory so I will likely do that again for this truck unless I can make it part of my mental start up check list within the next few weeks and not forget till I get to a stop light.
I read another post you can with R mode have it set to off.

OP
OP

KayaPayaPigDog

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
US Navy
I read another post you can with R mode have it set to off.
I will look into that for sure. when i put it in sport mode the symbol for it being off was displayed on the dash but when i pulled up to a red light it still shut the engine off... owners manual says that it can not be disabled without pushing the button each and every time. I will look into it a little bit more. I had the little piece of hardware that you wire up to remember previous setting on start up in my Explorer and it was brilliant... i may do that again.

amet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3 Comp xDrive
I put together a quick video of my truck on my drive to the gas station this afternoon after work. I plan to put together something MUCH better in the future, but I know I wanted to see as much footage as I could find over the past month so take it for what it is... I'm no videographer, just a car enthusiast trying to share the love... if you have any specific things you want to know about these US spec vehicles let me know and I'll try to get a pic or video for you.

Possible you can send a link for the phone mount you have? Looks neat.

Sponsored
OP
OP

KayaPayaPigDog

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
US Navy
Possible you can send a link for the phone mount you have? Looks neat.
https://a.co/d/1OnduE1 it is a mophie vent mount for apple magsafe mount. It worked great in my BMW... doesn't fit quite as well in the ranger but it is pretty good

Sleach

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4
I haven't noticed anything crazy with glair yet... but it was a rainy day today and I was driving with overcast... I will have to keep an eye out for it when the sun is right in my face on a clear day... have you tried polarized sun glasses?
Shut up you🤣 🤦‍♂️ No I haven’t. And now I feel dumb for not thinking of that.

HyperM3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5, Ranger Raptor on order
Just watched your 3rd day video. It was great, thank you for posting up the videos. Thank you for calling us sports car owners out lol. That being said, how has it been getting used to the size difference from your M3 to the truck in your daily driving, parking in DC etc.?

FordDawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Occupation
Work
At about the 1:05 point it switches from OD green to bronze, even on a cloudy day. Some call it Shelter Green, I'll go with Raptor Skin. Love it!

Dubfound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Thanks for the quick response. No tilt mirror is a little disappointing. That should be a standard thing at this point. Coming from an S5 and people are telling me Im going to hate driving a truck. Its supposed to arrive next month and Im nervous now lol.
It's funny I used to hate the tilting reverse side mirror in my old Audi RS3 and disabled it.
Sponsored