• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Window Tinting -- 20% to match the rear window factory tint?

pablo94sc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
I'm doing air80 on the windshield and rear windows, 15% brow and front windows, and 50% on rear doors. That should make the rear doors a hair darker than the fronts, and the rear color match the rear of the tint.

Update: The front doors have Llumar Statos 15% and the back have 50% Pinnacle. The darkness matches nearly perfectly from the outside, however there is a distinct color difference between the two from the inside. Stratos has a green tinge like Ray Ban lenses. Pinnacle has a classic gray (blueish?) with, IMO, truer color rendition. I think I'm going to have the Stratos removed and replaced with Pinnacle 15% because of this. It's what I'm used to on my Focus, and I'm going to go out on a limb and say most people would probably prefer it over the Stratos. It's also cheaper, FWIW.

Last edited:

CherryCoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 ranger, 94explor, 16 Focus RS, 21 Bronco, 24 RR
Occupation
Drinking CherryCoke
Cuz who needs to see at night? Looks really good.

Do you also wear sunglasses at night? You're Corey Hart aren't you? lol
Front windshield is the new google prototype tint with built in LCD LED 1080p 3d Sony Technology.

Keeps my drinks cool :sunglasses: Cherry cans, Cherry cans

Sponsored

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
Got mine done today. Originally planned on 20% all around and 50% on the windshield but ended up going with 15% and 70% Was only able to get 70% on the windshield, he wouldn't go any darker. I think he said he did 70% on back window and rears to try to get everything at 15%. They all read within 1% of each other at 14-15%.

Ford Ranger Window Tinting -- 20% to match the rear window factory tint? 20240504_154444

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Chief Executive Officer of Pencil Sharpening
Follow up - Air 80 peeled up about 2” at the bottom center. Left a message with picture for my installer. I’m sure he will make it right
Ford Ranger Window Tinting -- 20% to match the rear window factory tint? IMG_1256

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Front windshield is the new google prototype tint with built in LCD LED 1080p 3d Sony Technology.

Keeps my drinks cool :sunglasses: Cherry cans, Cherry cans
Tell us the truth. You're really a vampire, aren't you?

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Raptor (4/19/24)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Back from the custom/accessories shop. Work they did was planned for 3 days. Got my truck back after 6 days, due to needing to re-do some front PPF that wasn't perfect the first time. Leaving the truck in the sun today, then garaged for a few more days to help better complete the curing process.
front windows - ceramic 40% LLumar IRX, windshield LLumar air 80 clear, remainder (passenger and rear) LLUMAR air 90 clear
Full wrap LLUMAR Valor clear PPF
Ceramic Pro ultimate package over PPF, wheels.
Happy so far with the work ac-mn.com did. Not 100% happy with their communication (lack thereof) to let me know why it took longer than expected. Mixed google reviews, but I'd definitely use them for other accessories I might add later.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Back from the custom/accessories shop. Work they did was planned for 3 days. Got my truck back after 6 days, due to needing to re-do some front PPF that wasn't perfect the first time. Leaving the truck in the sun today, then garaged for a few more days to help better complete the curing process.
front windows - ceramic 40% LLumar IRX, windshield LLumar air 80 clear, remainder (passenger and rear) LLUMAR air 90 clear
Full wrap LLUMAR Valor clear PPF
Ceramic Pro ultimate package over PPF, wheels.
Happy so far with the work ac-mn.com did. Not 100% happy with their communication (lack thereof) to let me know why it took longer than expected. Mixed google reviews, but I'd definitely use them for other accessories I might add later.
You put a screen protector on your screen protector! You're a mad man! I like it!

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Raptor (4/19/24)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Thanks for reminding me. I do have the screen protector to put on the display, too. Hopefully no bubbles.
I do like that the shop does all their PPF in a dedicated room with filtering and racks of IR lamps all around for curing. They said I need no additional curing, but still doing a bit per some interweb suggestions.
Ford Ranger Window Tinting -- 20% to match the rear window factory tint? Tinted

Last edited:

porgey

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger XL Blue
Occupation
HD truck mechanic
well i have Ranger now its a XL...came with STX on side of front fender..I like.. sitting in parking lot beside a f150 xlt i seen i dont have a once of tint!!! so base truck is a FISH BOWL!! so monday it goes get 20 done! Then all will be better!