• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Tony Sorrento

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Occupation
Auto Sales
For the life of me, the color choices are so anemic! I don’t get it.. and where is the 2.7? I’m definitely going Raptor but I hate that brown/ green color… ugh
Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is nothing fun about Bronco colors. The only decent colors they have had were on limited run or high dollar trims. Everything else is pretty borin and available on every other Ford.
I just went to the Bronco B&P for the base model and i'm still seeing 11 color options, which is still more than the 8 colors listed for the 2024 ranger.

Eruption green, Race Red, Area 51 are the three current differences. Just give me eruption green!!!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
While the factory spray in bedliner is a great choice, if you have the money to do it after you take delivery, most people on the forums say a proper line-x/spray in liner is a better quality product overall.
This! There are several videos out showing people literally pealing the factory liners out by hand. I would go with Line-X to Mil Spec liners. Both are lifetime warrantied and they actually sand and de-gloss the bed the correct way.

but if you get a factory spray-in and there are issues, it is covered under warranty.
The other I mentioned above have a lifetime warranty and are prepped the correct way. Ford from what I've seen and heard just sprays right over the paint without any prep. I'm sure they're ok for most but I'd never trust one with our high heat. Besides, a factory liner can and usually adds to delays in the build and shipping.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Submitted my order request/build to dealer today. They will submit my Raptor order to Ford first thing may 26th when the order banks open.

Geotoxic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Pro
I just put down a reservation for the new trd pro taco. At least they still solar octane.

How do u have a raptor with code orange accents all over and no code orange exterior? What a waste of my waitlist spot for raptor D:

Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just put down a reservation for the new trd pro taco. At least they still solar octane.

How do u have a raptor with code orange accents all over and no code orange exterior? What a waste of my waitlist spot for raptor D:
Almost did exact same thing. But couldn't get over the hideous red interior. And some of their locations for switches like the aux switches are not good. Curious how much hybrid engine batteries are going to take up storage and seating space in rear seats also. It was mentioned that it def affected storage under rear seat.

Def peeved over no code orange color option.

PaddyWagon

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Viper / 04 Rubicon

Totally agree.
I just put down a deposit on a TRD Pro, but I plan on ordering a RRaptor also and just keeping whichever one I like more.

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
For the life of me, the color choices are so anemic! I don’t get it.. and where is the 2.7? I’m definitely going Raptor but I hate that brown/ green color… ugh
That is the color I wanted on the Lariat. :)

Reactions: MJE

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Totally agree.
I just put down a deposit on a TRD Pro, but I plan on ordering a RRaptor also and just keeping whichever one I like more.
Might need to go the Toyoto OR route and just use the savings to do your own upgrades.

PaddyWagon

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Viper / 04 Rubicon
Might need to go the Toyoto OR route and just use the savings to do your own upgrades.
As in TRD OffRoad?
Not a bad idea, the pro upgrades are very worth whatever the price is to me, but more importantly, I NEED these crazy red suspension seats.
Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger / Ranger Raptor Order Guide 1684532066535

Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
As in TRD OffRoad?
Not a bad idea, the pro upgrades are very worth whatever the price is to me, but more importantly, I NEED these crazy red suspension seats.
1684532066535.png
Yeah. They are nice, just too loud and too much going on for me. I'm not a crazy overlander so this stuff is just too overkill for me. I think if I were to get the Tacoma, if would just be an Off road with premium package. It'll be far easier and cheaper to get.

PaddyWagon

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Viper / 04 Rubicon
Yeah. They are nice, just too loud and too much going on for me. I'm not a crazy overlander so this stuff is just too overkill for me. I think if I were to get the Tacoma, if would just be an Off road with premium package. It'll be far easier and cheaper to get.
Everything you said would be totally reasonable…. If my other car wasnt a straight piped Viper😂

i dont do subtle 🤘

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As in TRD OffRoad?
1684532066535.png
not a fan at all.. killed my interest in a trd pro

Last edited:

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
The color choices on non-raptors is abysmal. How do the broncos get to have all the fun?
They have one less choice this year then last "Race Red" is deleted. They also have gotten rid of three levels of XLT. They no longer have a mid and high. I suppose this is to package more things at the base to justify the higher price. Heated mirrors seem to have gone away as well on the XLT. Usually the first year is loaded up the best and then they start deleting things. They are already starting out pretty skimpy this time around and it's all for a higher price.

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Powerboost 502a
I’m considering ditching the Powerboost for an XLT Ranger and then retrofitting the one or two goodies I want from the higher trim levels.

IMO after a 2.5 years in a 502a F150 and 6 years in a 2017 501a F150 I find most of the safety technology crammed in Fords are a nuisance. Even for us Costco-commuting city-folk, the technology can be a common (albeit momentarily), hindrance in everyday commuting. Simple tasks like opening the tailgate and waiting for it to make sure it’s safe, is painfully-dumb, especially when trying to load tools in god awful weather. In the F150 there’s no way to disable it even with ForScan other than physically disconnecting the RGTM clutch. Luckily the new Ranger doesn’t have that nonsense.

Having the emergency brakes slam on out of nowhere to avoid backing into some dandelions is heart attack inducing lol, but I know how to permanently disable it.

So luckily I’ve been able to disable most of the useless tech in the F150 but not all of it.

The Ranger as a city truck is very appealing for it’s physical size. Once upon a time I had a 2003 Ranger which compared to all my other vehicles has been the best truck I’ve owned for everyday use.

The new Lariat Ranger looks like a great step down from the Powerboost but the beep-at-everything package is equipped by default and to me that’s a drawback.
Also cloth seats are just better.

Getting an XLT 301 is the most reasonable one for my tastes, then retrofitting what I want into it like the heated steering wheel.

Retrofitting parts in Fords is relatively easy to do. My best advice is don’t get suckered into spending more for an entire package just to add one feature.

I am holding back for now, mainly because I have no confidence in the way the car market is going. I half expect steep incentives after the first few months and believe there’s a big savings to be had by waiting half a year.

What bugs me at the moment is I looked at the order guide and don’t see the 2.7L as an option.

I thought it was announced as one?

Am I missing something?
Sponsored

Last edited: