• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

1986YellowRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Wouldn't it be a retail order? Didn't realize those would have allocations as well. Thought that was mainly an issue with Raptors
Agree that this sounds like dealer-speak BS. They don’t want the 2.3L on their lot... I’ve talked to salesman at two different dealerships with vehicles on their lots, and both of them said that every single person that has looked at the Ranger is waiting on the 2.7L engine. They have the same problem moving Broncos with the 2.3L.
Sponsored

olefordguy

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Limited, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
My understanding is Ford gives all dealers a monthly allotment on each vehicle line model (F150,Ranger, etc.). Doesn't matter if the open allotment is for retail or stock, although retail orders normally have priority over stock. If the dealer doesn't have an allotment, ford doesn't build it until the dealer has an open allotment for that vehicle model. Right or wrong, thats my understanding.

GFran

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 FX2
Occupation
Safety Manager
I will give Ford till the end of next week or will reorder withe the 2.7 v6
After doing a Build online with Ford this morning, it appears the 2.7 V6 only comes with 4X4. I was waiting to order the 2.7 V6 only with Rear Wheel Drive. Disappointed to see Ford will not option this motor with 4X2. If there are any 2024 Ranger Lariat 4X4 owners out there, i would like to know what the ride is like? I may order the 4X4 after all. Thank You

Mike in UT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew FX4, Hot Pepper Red, Tow pkg, Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau cover, Rhino Liner, Lift Gate Assist, Ford black running boards
Occupation
IT technician, retired soldier (11B, 19D)

BriSco

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 XLT 4x4 2.7L Cactus Gray. Ordered 4/30
Occupation
Retired
I called my dealer today to see if I could change my order (6/3 build date), he checked with Ford and they said no.
He suggested a new order with the 2.7L , which I approved. No other changes.
Now the wait begins anew....

Sponsored

Stogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Miata, Jeep, Mazda 3, BMW motorcycle
On the configurator my RR build comes to $58,055. The only options I selected were the spray-in bed liner and the red paint. My Lariat FX4 build with the 2.7L V6 comes in at $54,230 with what I consider to be the essential options (plus that red paint again), or $54,990 with a couple of additional "nice to have" options thrown in.

That's a price difference of $3825 or $3065 for my two Lariat variations versus the RR. I was thinking the price difference would be greater. The Lariat wins based on price, but barely, all things considered.

I'll be towing about 4900 pounds, which the RR can technically do, but with little to no room to spare when payload is factored in. So again, the Lariat wins. But an RR would be so much more satisfying in almost every other way.

It's crazy how expensive these mid-size trucks are these days.

HighDesertRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Occupation
Sales Manager
I called my dealer today to see if I could change my order (6/3 build date), he checked with Ford and they said no.
He suggested a new order with the 2.7L , which I approved. No other changes.
Now the wait begins anew....
I think you made the right choice.

Pac987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I think the 2.3L is a fine engine for the Ranger. I haven’t driven the new model and I’m sure it’s heavier and bigger. But in the previous gen the 2.3 is an awesome motor. Check out TFL, the new Ranger with the 2.3 beat or really closely matched every competitor for towing, mpg and 0-60 times.

I think many have said the 2.3 is peppier in the low end than the 2.7 in the bronco. But I may have misread that.

The 2.7 does have Direct and Port Fuel Injection over the 2.3’s direct injection. So that is an obvious plus for longevity.

Last edited:

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
On the configurator my RR build comes to $58,055. The only options I selected were the spray-in bed liner and the red paint. My Lariat FX4 build with the 2.7L V6 comes in at $54,230 with what I consider to be the essential options (plus that red paint again), or $54,990 with a couple of additional "nice to have" options thrown in.
And that is after looking all over the country for a RR that is selling for MSRP.
Yes you are correct on needs for towing.

Sponsored

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
I think the 2.3L is a fine engine for the Ranger. I haven’t driven the new model and I’m sure it’s heavier and bigger. But in the previous gen the 2.3 is an awesome motor. Check out TFL, the new Ranger with the 2.3 beat or really closely matched every competitor for towing, mpg and 0-60 times.

I think many have said the 2.3 is peppier in the low end than the 2.7 in the bronco. But I may have misread that.
I wanted and still want the 2.7 but I ordered in Nov and have a 2/01 blend still in production with a 2.3.
I have though about reordering but have decided to keep the current order. I can always trade up to the 2.7 in two to three years. Hoping for a Tremor or Platinum trim by then.

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Software Engineer
I configured a Lariat with the 2.7 and as Close as possible to my Ranger Raptor and the price came about $3800 cheaper. I thought there would be more of a difference in price between the Lariat and Raptor but there isn’t. The Raptors 3.0 engine, suspension, tires and wider stance are a bargain for $3800.

I intended to purchase a Lariat with the 2.7 but Ford sure wasn‘t in a hurry to make it available and I got lucky and stumbled upon the Raptor I got.
Funny how that goes ;-) Same logic on my end. Guessed the price for the 2.7l based upon the Bronco, and it sure looks to me like the Raptor at the moment seems to be the better deal everything considered.

21VBRanger

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
I just placed my order yesterday for a velocity blue xlt 2.7 (301a, tech, trailer tow, fx4, locking diff). While I love the power output of the 2.3 for everyday driving, I loved the 2.7 in my F150. A trip from Kansas City to Galveston, TX in the F150 w/2.7 experienced 29 mpg which was great. I am hoping something close to it but not expected. I can't wait to feel the power in the smaller truck. :)

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
"every single person that has looked at the Ranger is waiting on the 2.7L engine. They have the same problem moving Broncos with the 2.3L."
Another Ford maneuver that has to have screwed up the overall Ranger sales.....people waiting for gen6 avoided 2023 models, people then planning on 2024 models waiting for the 2.7. My tuned '19 makes about the same HP as the 2.7, so if my RR never completes production doubt I'll go for a 2024 with the 2.7.

chiron027

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Highlander, 2024 Lariat on order
FYI, I just sent a build to Granger Ford and they said that even though it's on Ford's website it wasn't showing up yet in their order system. Might be another week or 2 they said.
Sponsored