• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Russd

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw bus
Occupation
Retired
I’d take that 2.3 phev over any other engine option. 78 MPGe? I think Lincoln has this engine that gets this. Plus it has great power numbers. Probably won’t pull those numbers but still.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

OilProducts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (when it finally is delivered)
Occupation
Soldier
I'm jonesin' for that PHEV too, but i'm dumfounded why Ford doesn't take the 2.5 atkinson cycle out of the maverick, add 2 more cylinders and use that for hybrid applications. Why keep the extra moving parts and wear of a turbo when something like that would be more efficient and electric motors are providing the oomph already?

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
"Revealed", "starting production", and "delivery" are different things. Many vehicles, especially these days, get revealed/showed to the public for the first time many months before production starts. So a 2022 reveal of the US/Canada 6g Ranger is very likely. But the production start date of Spring 2023 is also not out of the realm despite that. And that would mean Rangers in the hands of customers in early Summer 2023 (weeks to a month after P1) based on that date.
They better be calling it a 2024 Ranger Raptor in that case, and not gaslight us into thinking this will be a 2023.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I just joined the forum as I am interested in the 6th Gen Ranger as a future vehicle as I have always admired the idea of driving a pickup truck. I am more interested in the new Ford Maverick but this is interesting as well.

This insider estimate of the new rangers built and announcement times coming in 2023 was quite the surprise as I am sure a lot of us in North American were hopping to see it revealed in 2022.
Yeah, the news was pretty disappointing to me. We are essentially 2 years away from a Ranger Raptor being in North America. I wanted to buy a mid-size truck here in the next year or so. I wonder when the new design Tacoma TRD PRO will release? It is really just so shocking how out-dated every North American mid-size truck is compared to the rest of the world. Might even have to consider spending more than I want to on the 2022 Tundra or F150

the1mrb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, XLT FX4
Occupation
Aerostructures Engineer
They better be calling it a 2024 Ranger Raptor in that case, and not gaslight us into thinking this will be a 2023.
I'm not sure I'd consider that "gaslighting". More semantics than anything. It's just a name and a number. I'm hardly going to question my sanity if the first deliveries are in May instead of January.

In reality the model years never really had much meaning anyways. Heck for the last few decades most new model years have been coming out up to 5 months prior to the labeled year begins. That's about the same as coming out 5 months after the labeled year begins. Certainly makes about as much sense to me (aka not very much sense).

Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I'm not sure I'd consider that "gaslighting". More semantics than anything. It's just a name and a number. I'm hardly going to question my sanity if the first deliveries are in May instead of January.

In reality the model years never really had much meaning anyways. Heck for the last few decades most new model years have been coming out up to 5 months prior to the labeled year begins. That's about the same as coming out 5 months after the labeled year begins. Certainly makes about as much sense to me (aka not very much sense).
Yeah, I mean in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter too much. I think just by convention, new cars always came out earlier than the year it is denoted as, and new owners got that extra time frame of driving a current model year. Also, I think having a later model year does help value for resale.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Yeah, the news was pretty disappointing to me. We are essentially 2 years away from a Ranger Raptor being in North America. I wanted to buy a mid-size truck here in the next year or so. I wonder when the new design Tacoma TRD PRO will release? It is really just so shocking how out-dated every North American mid-size truck is compared to the rest of the world. Might even have to consider spending more than I want to on the 2022 Tundra or F150
I can’t agree more!!! I was ready to buy a new midsize 2 years ago when the Ranger came back to the NA market. But the lack of a SuperCrew/longbed configuration from Ford had me hitting the pause button. While the rest of the competition has the configuration I want, all but the Frontier is long in the tooth….. so I wait… and wait, driving a ‘02 F-150 SuperCrew (bought new over 20 years ago).

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
Most reports are saying 2023 Ranger production is scheduled to start at Michigan Assembly in May of '23. Assuming they do it like they have for the F-150 and Bronco Raptors, the Ranger Raptor will probably be several months after that.
Having said that, I do recall reading that Raptor production for the European market from the South Africa plant will actually start before the regular Ranger. That would be too much to hope for here.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
When's the ordering date for ROW. I am anxious to see how you can option the Ranger.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
When's the ordering date for ROW. I am anxious to see how you can option the Ranger.
It's not open yet, but dealers are taking deposits despite not being able to order vehicles yet.

Sponsored

Mjet777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 limited
Occupation
Business owner CBD
Any updates? :headbang:

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
Is anyone else hoping that a non-plug-in hybrid will be available? As someone who doesn't have the means or ability to charge at home or work, I would like to not feel like I'm getting ripped of using a vehicle inefficiently. Consider that fuel economy ratings for PHEV don't include using the vehicle in hybrid-only mode.

the1mrb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, XLT FX4
Occupation
Aerostructures Engineer
Is anyone else hoping that a non-plug-in hybrid will be available? As someone who doesn't have the means or ability to charge at home or work, I would like to not feel like I'm getting ripped of using a vehicle inefficiently. Consider that fuel economy ratings for PHEV don't include using the vehicle in hybrid-only mode.
You can plug into and charge off a regular 110/120V "3-prong" outlet anywhere one is available. Don't necessarily need a Level II charger to make good use of a plug-in hybrid. It'll take longer with a regular 110/120V outlet, but since plug-in hybrid batteries are so much smaller than full electric vehicles you could easily charge a plug-in hybrid this way overnight. Whereas it might take a couple days to fully charge a full electric vehicle this way, depending on the batter size.

Not saying your concerns aren't well founded though of course, depending on your specific situation.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I work in automotive, currently FORD has plans for two more wheelbase frames, one of them being a 6' box on the larger cab. A lot of things can happen between now and start of production. However at this time those options are in play
Not if design has already been approved.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Any information on when Orders will start being taken for the NA 6G Ranger? I've got my 2019 Ranger to keep me going until the new model arrives, so I don't mind waiting as long as I can order exactly what I want!
Sponsored