• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2024 Ranger Raptor-Will it need a leveling Kit

Shotz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Home Inspections
So my 2019 Ranger really benefited by a leveling kit (dealer installed). Besides looking better, the ride was noticeably improved. Curious if the Raptor will also have the same nose heavy stance....requiring at minimum a 2" front lift? Looks pretty level in most of the U.S. posts and videos....but hard to tell.
Sponsored

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
I would imagine not, given the raptors tuned suspension with a watts link rear.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Nearly every truck has a dive in the front when unloaded.

Will it need it? No otherwise the factory wouldn’t have done it that way.

But if you don’t like the stance, yes you could.

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
Nose sits lower as is common with pickup trucks. The suspension is optimized to run at factory height but I'm sure the aftermarket will offer perch collars for those that want to lift the front and level it out.

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Raptor-Will it need a leveling Kit 2024-ford-ranger-raptor-exterior-103-645a65e34167c

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Nose sits slightly lower as is common with pickup trucks. The suspension is optimized to run at factory height but I'm sure the aftermarket will offer perch collars for those that prefer it level.

2024-ford-ranger-raptor-exterior-103-645a65e34167c.jpg
Perch collar is a bad idea on the LiveValve shocks. It changes the ride zone of the vehicle. You’d need to get it revalved for it to function like it was intended. A shock tower spacer is probably a better choice. Upper control arm replacement if the total lift is above 2.5-3”.

Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
This is the same color I ordered and the pictures aren't the best I've seen. That being said, the top two pictures make it look like it rakes a bit in the front, but the rest of the pictures look a bit more level so I can't really tell. I'm sure there's a rake but I also don't want to mess with the factory geo for the suspension.

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
Perch collar is a bad idea on the LiveValve shocks. It changes the ride zone of the vehicle. You’d need to get it revalved for it to function like it was intended. A shock tower spacer is probably a better choice. Upper control arm replacement if the total lift is above 2.5-3”.
All sorts of Gen 2/3 guys run a perch collar without a revalve. It's a totally legitimate option if you can tolerate the minor change in ride comfort. I personally know a few that beat on their trucks very hard and have never had an issue with stock valving. I certainly wouldn't say its a bad idea but I'll let OP make that call.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
All sorts of Gen 2/3 guys run a perch collar without a revalve. It's a totally legitimate option if you can tolerate the minor change in ride comfort. I personally know a few that beat on their trucks very hard and have never had an issue with stock valving. I certainly wouldn't say its a bad idea but I'll let OP make that call.
I’d say it’s a bad idea simply because you’re taking what might be the best suspension in a factory truck and making it worse at its job. A tower spacer is just as easy to install. To each their own though. The adjustable suspension is one of the killer features for me so I won’t do anything that will make it worse.

OP
OP
Shotz

Shotz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Home Inspections
Thanks all for the input.

Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
I'll just drop this little bit of information from the Bronco side of stuff as it could (and probably will) apply to the RRaptor and other G6 Rangers.

The non-Sasquatch Badlands Bronco is essentially 3/4's of a Sasquatched Badlands. There are people with the non-Sasquatch version who've bought a 1" lift/level kit and only installed the lower spacer (the one that bolts between the bottom of the shock and A-arm). It roughly gives you .500 lift to the front.

It's mostly done to assure clearance for when they add 35's with +25/+18/+0 offset wheels (I'm pretty sure +30 offset works also). There have also been other people who've done this to other Bronco versions to reduce the sometimes excessive rake from the factory.

As far as I've heard and read, it doesn't affect suspension ride and such and you 'should not' need an alignment after doing it. But personally, I'd have the alignment checked after doing it, especially if you plan on adding aftermarket wheels with different offset.
The alignment isn't always spot on and has a tolerance zone to fall into when the vehicle is assembled. I've experienced this first hand with a new vehicle and had to have it re-aligned (once the factory specs were released for it).

Doing this won't eliminate all the rake, but it'll improve the stance and allow for some rear end drop with a load. It's just something to ponder while we wait for the trucks and to see if the lift/level kits from the Bronco transfer over. (I'd be surprised if they didn't, since I'd wager some suspension parts are the same on both.)

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
So my 2019 Ranger really benefited by a leveling kit (dealer installed). Besides looking better, the ride was noticeably improved. Curious if the Raptor will also have the same nose heavy stance....requiring at minimum a 2" front lift? Looks pretty level in most of the U.S. posts and videos....but hard to tell.
are you buying this truck strictly for looks- or do you plan to actually use it like ... a truck? Carrying loads in the bed, towing, etc.? The rear end suspension is higher so it can safely perform the truck duties according to specs. This prevents too much squat and possible driving problems when towing or bed loads at rated capacity.

If you are buying it because it looks cool to you and others that will see you driving it around, you *could* choose to level it with a kit but may have negative consequences in actual uses. IMO a better alternative is simply add some weight in the bed to lower rear height a bit but can be relieved when needed. Possible options are spare tire mount racks carrying big tires you might need off-roading, swing away toolboxes tucked in the sides behind wheel wells, or just unassuming ballast of your own design. Simple 80-100lbs cement bags carried aft could do the trick- but probably not an elegant solution. :crazy:

Mikknj

First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT Cactus Grey
Hi all, I find this a very odd thread. If the Ranger NEEDED a leveling kit Ford should have leveled the truck from the factory. All of the geometries for the front and rear suspension were all calculated and designed for the current rake. That said I think the Raptor might LOOK better level but functionally when you are cresting an up hill and your hood is facing the sky - a couple of additional degrees of over the hood visibility is a good functional design. If you haul anything the truck should have a little range in the rear height to allow for loading and settling down the rear end. So, I never level a truck personally because I prefer function over form. The topic made me chuckle so I thought I might start some controversy here and get people to share thoughts on leveling. ( in a nice way )

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Hi all, I find this a very odd thread. If the Ranger NEEDED a leveling kit Ford should have leveled the truck from the factory. All of the geometries for the front and rear suspension were all calculated and designed for the current rake. That said I think the Raptor might LOOK better level but functionally when you are cresting an up hill and your hood is facing the sky - a couple of additional degrees of over the hood visibility is a good functional design. If you haul anything the truck should have a little range in the rear height to allow for loading and settling down the rear end. So, I never level a truck personally because I prefer function over form. The topic made me chuckle so I thought I might start some controversy here and get people to share thoughts on leveling. ( in a nice way )
I agree with your first part.

The second part though shouldn’t be an issue for the Raptor since we have forward facing cameras that can be activated with the off road button to see over crests. The leveling kit could be handy for installing larger tires but otherwise, it’s just for looks. Besides, it’ll look just fine with something in the bed adding weight which is What we should be using our trucks for anyway.

Mikknj

First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT Cactus Grey
Oh that's right. I never thought about the tires. That's a very good functional reason. If you can stuff bigger tires under the fender.
Sponsored