• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2024 Ranger Raptor-Will it need a leveling Kit

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Hi all, I find this a very odd thread. If the Ranger NEEDED a leveling kit Ford should have leveled the truck from the factory. All of the geometries for the front and rear suspension were all calculated and designed for the current rake.
I agree and disagree. True the Ranger doesn't "Need" a leveling kit but the geometries were calculated for "various" rakes. Loaded, unloaded and everything in between. Not just the unloaded rake. So IMO adding a levelling kit is fine and doesn't hurt the geometries. Now, if you level it and then load it heavily, you will be compromising the trucks stability. Personally, I levelled mine, because it looks waaaayyyy better levelled. I also added rear airbags, so I can load the truck and keep it level.
Sponsored

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Quality Manager
Vehicles in general, and trucks especially, are supposed to have a bit of rake in them. When you add any kind of load, even a full crew of passengers, it causes the rear to sink and be more level with the front. Leveling kits actually make you nose up under normal use which is even goofier looking.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicles in general, and trucks especially, are supposed to have a bit of rake in them. When you add any kind of load, even a full crew of passengers, it causes the rear to sink and be more level with the front. Leveling kits actually make you nose up under normal use which is even goofier looking.
Depends on if you regularly haul heavy loads or not. I haul big items, but they’re rarely heavy.

galion

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
I have Snake Racing 15mm front spacers that I imported from Australia. They raised the front suspension by 1 inch on my 2021 Fox suspension Ranger Raptor with no issues at all, and feel like stock. Looking forward to install the same kit on the new one.

Last edited:

Mikknj

First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT Cactus Grey
I'm going to jump back into this thread after looking at the 23 ranger and the 3-in rake between the front and back quarters. I think for the first time perhaps the ranger does need a front lift of one or two inches. The 3-in rate is a little bit, too much. I think a level will also improve ride quality but we have to see what the new 24 ranger stance is compared to the 23. This may be the first truck I have ever put a leveling kit on. The 2024 photos don't seem to show as much of a rake as the 23. But I can't confirm that.

Sponsored

3231haven

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Next Gen Ranger Wildtrak -RA
Occupation
Retired Automotive Cad Monkey
The reason that the rear end of a Ranger sits higher than the front is due to it being designed to have a payload in the rear tub. The Rangers have around 80mm of rise to kerb from GVM depending on the model and this is so when its fully loaded the rear end does not look like its dragging on the ground, pretty common for this size pickup. If you Raise the front to make it look level unloaded at kerb, expect it to look like it's dragging its arse when loaded. Now if you then put airbags in the rear end to correct all this when its fully loaded, except at some time in the future to have ladder frame issues like cracking etc.. The whole rear end of the Ranger has been designed to take only loads from a leaf spring and the consent jounce bumper loads, airbags put a different load into the frame. Hence you would need to add extra structure into the frame to take those loads, like an extra crossmember where the airbags are. Have a look at a multi link beam axle suspension that has seperate spring/shock setup, they all have crossmembers in this region where the springs are located , and the Ranger does not. Anyone who fits strut spacers between the spring tower and the top mount of a front end of an IFS is asking for issues, it will cause the suspension to have more rebound travel then the front suspension geometry has been design for, and can result in half shaft / ball joint /tierod failures, take a good look under a Ranger before lifting as it has a variable reduced rack travel geometry like the Bronco. Don't understand what that is have a look and you will see two V shaped features on the kuckle and a small ball shaped feature on the LCA, this is the steering limiting feature and if the LCA ball feature goes beyond the V shape feature it returns to full rack travel. Only lift the front suspension using springs to increase ride height while maintaining wheel travels close to Factory travels or have a look at Bronco National and how they revise the spring seat to lift the Bronco's IFS while maintaining close to factory wheel travels.
Just for info I have over 30+ years of designing/concepting suspensions/chassis for a Global OME and I can tell you I have seen pretty much everything stupid that an aftermarket person can do. Just because you can do it ,doesn't mean you should. Want to understand the limits of your factory suspension's go back to basic's and understand the geometry limits first and then look at the possible impacts it can have when you change things from all aspects of the vehicle. If you don't agree with the above, that fine, not on here to argue, just on here to share my knowledge as I'm retired now and T6 was just 1 of the platforms I worked on.

Jab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon | 2024 Ranger Raptor
I'm leaning towards leveling as well, but need to see it in person before deciding. I would rarely if ever have a heavy load in the back.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Couple guys on YouTube have. But I would not use perch collars on Live Valve unless you know for sure what you’re doing. If you moved the shock out of its ride zone you may experience a terrible ride. You also need to reprogram the ride height sensor in FORSCAN. If the ride height sensor sense the vehicle is above what it expects, it think you’re accelerating and stiffens the shocks but that will also be true of any lift. I’d go shock spacers.

Irony Guy

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I have Snake Racing 15mm front spacers that I imported from Australia. They raised the front suspension by 1 inch on my 2021 Fox suspension Ranger Raptor with no issues at all, and feel like stock. Looking forward to install the same kit on the new one.
Thanks for this

Sponsored

GregFoutz

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Raptor, Bronco Raptor
Occupation
off-road geek
Last edited:

Irony Guy

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150

GregFoutz

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
off-road geek
Hey Greg what about the regular 2024 Ranger ?
I havent confirmed the shock package on that one yet, but we will make one as soon as I can get my hands on a truck. If anyone is in the Mesa Arizona area and getting one please let me know and we can work out a deal for some parts in exchange for letting us test fit the parts on your new Ranger

Craneop1972

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Z71
Occupation
Pimp
I havent confirmed the shock package on that one yet, but we will make one as soon as I can get my hands on a truck. If anyone is in the Mesa Arizona area and getting one please let me know and we can work out a deal for some parts in exchange for letting us test fit the parts on your new Ranger
I may have missed it somewhere in this post. But if you need a regular Ranger to make these parts, how did you make the parts for the Ranger Raptor?

GregFoutz

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
off-road geek
I may have missed it somewhere in this post. But if you need a regular Ranger to make these parts, how did you make the parts for the Ranger Raptor?
Lets just say I have some cool friends.
Sponsored